Where do I begin? I have worked in the Luxury Hotel business in NYC for over 18 years and believe me, for me to write anything nice about another property is very very rare. My wife and myself work about 16 to 18hrs a day so the build up to our wedding was extremely stressful. To say we were excited to get away was an understatement. Well the day finally came and we couldn't get to the airport any quicker!! The entire flight I had my job on my mind....(how can I go 7 days without checking my email!!!!!) Well we finally arrive in Cancun and our American Express Van was waiting there for us, he politely took our bags and we were off to the El Dorado Royale. I knew nothing of this hotel but from what our Travel Agent told us and whatever we read on Trip Advisor. From the min we walked out the Van until the day we left we received the Highest level of service imaginable. I was blown AWAY!!! All of the employees there are genuinely happy to be there and it shows. We had booked a Casita with the infinity pool in our room. The room was gorgeous...just what we needed (how much time do you spend in your room on vacation?) The housekeeping staff was efficiently quick and the turndown staff was quite creative with their towel animals.
Our concierge staff Analilia, Claudia and Eddy were heaven sent angels!! We ended up getting stranded an extra 5 more days in Mexico due to the hurricane in NYC and they went above and beyond to make sure that my stess levels remained at low level. The hotel extended us a courtesy rate and made sure that we were more than comfortable with our new plans. We really could not afford to stay an extra week but they made it very easy for us to stay so THANK YOU ALL for what you did....I will never forget that.
The restaurants are crazy!! My wife became a Kampi addict! I don't blame her, that fortune cookie dessert was to die for. I must have had about 6 of them that week. Our waiter Leo at the Albatros bar was great. He always called me by name and always knew that I was going to have "The Mexican" which was my favorite sandwich. Our bartender at the Albatros bar "Darvin" was great. We had a wild crew at that bar and kept him very very busy, but he always served with a smile and kept our glasses filled. I think we worked him a bit too hard haha.
D'Italia was phenominal!! The food, The Service was all top notch. I felt like I was dining back in New York City. Whoever is responsible for training the staff here deserves a medal! I hope they patented their processes because I want a copy!
We will totally be back...we paid a lot to stay here but it was worth every penny. For someone who is attached to a clock and his iPhone, i never carried either one for the entire 12 days. That was the first time in my 36 years on this planet that I never thought about my life outside of my vacation. That moment was worth all the money in the world. My wife and I spent every minute together and got that much closer. We rarely get to spend much time together due to our hectic lifestyles and the El Dorado gave us that chance to enjoy each other without distraction.
Remember when you read these reviews that it is all up to you to have a great time on vacation. If you want to find problems....you will. I could have found problems as well but I went to Mexico to forget my problems and focus on my future. Life is tooo short to always focus on the negative. Find the positive in life and really make a difference!!
The El Dorado was more than just a hotel room. It was my magical place that made me forget the hustle and bustle of New York City and re introduced me to my gorgeous new wife and all of the possibilities that are at our finger tips. The experience cleaned my slate and refreshed me for the future. Don't worry about what time housekeeping came to your room and don't worry that you didn't get ketchup with your fries. Open your shades and look out your window....You're in the Riviera Maya, in one of the most beautiful resorts. Soak in some sun and have some Tequila......life is tooo short.
Thank you to everyone that made a difference during my time at the El Dorado Royale. You have made friends for life!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico