Let me start by saying that the entertainment was excellent. Whether it was the pool entertainment or the nightly shows we enjoyed them very much. Now, for the food it was bland cold and all the places served the same thing. Yes you get lobster tails that are boiled cold and no taste I had to drench them in butter just to give it flavor. The shrimp was slimy from being boiled to long. I also don't understand why reservations need to be made we ate around 8:30 and the places were empty. I do have to say the taco place in the mall was very good, I would have been happy to eat there all week.
When we checked in they told us they were going to upgrade our room to a bigger suite. We traveled with another family and they didn't get upgraded and had the same size room. They put us in a room facing trees and construction going on that starts 8:00 in the morning. That's not my idea of a upgrade. Also, the electricity must have gone off everyday for a short time.
Finally I want to say the resort itself it beautiful, very big tho. After the third day I had blisters on my feet when I asked the conceirge for a bandaid she said she could only give me two I would have to pay for more. Really.
All of the employees were very friendly, and had a smile on their faces. I don't think I would go back. Due to the fact the food was awful and the drinks watered down. When you go on vacation those are two important things to get right and Iberostar Maya failed in both of those categories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico