We visited the Maya July 2013 and enjoyed it enough to stay again July 8 - 18, 2014.
I reviewed it last year and others have added a lot of good information but here are a few things we noticed this year compared to last year.
The pool loungers on the Maya side have been upgraded.
WiFi is available all over the resort including the room.
While there, they were upgrading all the mattresses and changed ours to a Sealy pillow top. It was softer than the previous one.
They have a wine list at all restaurants including buffets. Availability will vary from restaurant to restaurant. They have choices of whites, reds and blushes. We enjoyed a Tempranillio Rioja don't recall the brand and the Mystico Merlot was fine as well.
We ordered off the lunch a la carte menu. Tried the grilled shrimp, the Kobe burger and the New York steak. All were awesome. Did not order off the breakfast a la carte menu.
We were upgraded to a superior junior suite. Had a welcome back gift in the room with fruit dish, tequila and t-shirt.
We stayed in building 60 on the top floor and location was perfect with a private pool, closeness to the breakfast/lunch buffet, main pool and beach.
Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico