“Could be a Perfect Family Getaway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Paraiso Maya to your Saves list
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pto Juarez km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Playa Paraiso
“Could be a Perfect Family Getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I felt it was necessary to write this review based on our most recent family experience. I would like to thank TripGuy.com and Lomas travel for their customer service. If you are planning a trip, I highly recommend reaching out to Mitch at TripGuy.Com

The Resort facilities, cleanliness and service were a 5. The Family junior suite is by far the best for families who like to spread out. The staff, grounds crew and servers could not be anymore pleasant. We are a family of 4 with a 15 and 13 year old and we all thoroughly enjoyed the resort.
The major downside to this resort would be the food. l am a bit picky when it comes to my food and I felt like the resort chooses not to address this ongoing problem. Breakfast consists of your traditional resort breakfast buffet and unfortunately turns out to be the best meal of the day. The rest of the day is filled with meats and fishes of different varieties that in my opinion were sub par. Room service after 11 was less than desirable and had a minimum wait of 45 minutes.
I had low expectations of the food based on previous reviews and unfortunatley the resort did nothing to change my opinion.
I would highly recommend this resort for anyone who wants a 4 star resort with a 1 star food rating.

Room Tip: Building 65 is right in the middle.

2,373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Food (1) breakfast is good, (2) lunch is very good, (3) dinner was OK. Was expecting a little more when it came to food because this is a 5-start place, but it rarely met expectations. I'd recommend a little less variety and concentrate on quality instead. I really like the lunch buffet, by far the best of all meals.

Pools were great, very large and accommodating. I really liked the variety of smaller and larger connecting pools.

Service was excellent all the way around. Only 1 hiccup was during check-in when he couldn't find our reservation because somehow he kept reading the wrong name off the itinerary we gave him.

Room Tip: I'd recommend rooms closer to the front, more accessible at night and for dinner.
Putnam Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was the best family vacation so far. The room, food, service, shows and pools were great. We tried every restaurant and have no complaints. The steakhouse was awesome. The Marina (mainly served fish) was absolutely wonderful. The Mexican restaurant was great. The Japanese hibachi restaurant was ok. The pools were never super crowded and were well kept. The grounds were absolutely immaculate. We can not wait to return.
I can not put into words how wonderful Iberostar Paraiso Maya was!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a great time at Iberostar Paraiso Maya...friendly staff. Tennis drills were fun and golf course was a nice course. The Spa was superior to my expectations. Food is just okay. Beach is nice but claim your chairs early...people stake out their spots the night before.

Bethpage, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a great time on this vacation! The grounds, pools, and beaches are well kept. The food and service are exceptional! The only two things I'd like to see are a good map of the grounds because the property has a total of four hotels on it by Iberostar and the fountain as you came into the hotel was empty and looked atrocious!!! No one wants to pay that kind of money for a four star hotel and the first thing they see is something broken.

Room Tip: Yes, there was Wifi, but only two devices per family could use the username and password in the room...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Besides my room flooding at 1 am. The last night my kids and I where there. Room 6631. The over all stay was great. And very friendly bartenders with great service. There was lots to see and do fir myself and my kids. We would love to come back again sometime. Housekeeping in my room was amazing.

• Stayed July 2014
Columbia Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had a group of about 30 people stay at the Iberostar Maya for a wedding the week off June 29th, with the last family checking out July 6, 2014. The resort is gorgeous and immaculate. There are always staff cleaning, primping and pruning. It is a very large resort which is really 3 resorts in 1. I enjoyed walking the grounds since they were so impressive, but there was always a cart ready to take you to another part of the resort if you were in a hurry or did not feel like the walk.
Each set of rooms had a private pool. There was also a water polo pool, a wave pool, a lazy river and of course the main poor with a swim up bar. The slushy drinks were a bit weak, but the bartenders were happy to add a shot of whatever you wanted if you asked. The bar was well stocked.
We ate at several of the restaurants. We did not have a problem getting reservations except for one Friday night when our choices were limited because the hotel was fully booked. We loved eating at the Museum restaurant. It was elegant and the food delicious and nicely presented. The servings were not real large, but you could order how ever much you wanted.
We also at the steakhouse which was excellent, and the French restaurant which was superb. The Japanese restaurant was good, but typical hibachi. The only buffet we tried was at the Marina restaurant and it was delicious with lots of seafood and caviar. I avoided the large buffet restaurant because it is not something I usually enjoy.
The wedding was held atop the gazebo built like a Mayan ruin. It was beautifully done with a violinist, a champagne reception and a Mariachi band. The reception was set up on a lovely area of the beach and they did a wonderful buffet of seafood, steak, salads and all the trimmings.
I cannot speak highly enough about the staff. Everyone was helpful and cordial. If they couldn't answer my question they got someone who could.
Our room was immaculate and maid service was fast yet thorough. I cannot recommend this resort highly enough. I want to go back again, and try their resorts in other places as well.
Special thanks to Enrique, Ronaldo, Pamela and Imelda.

Room Tip: We were in the building 63 towards the back. We didn't have much of a view from the first floor...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Maya? Share your experiences!