My boyfriend and I just returned from a fabulous 6 night stay at the Iberostar Maya. We booked through Apple Vacations. This was my first stay at the Maya, but he had been to the area many times and this particular resort a few years prior. The service at the Maya is spectacular. From the moment you arrive everyone is extremely friendly, genuine and helpful. Our room was spacious and very clean. We arrived on Sunday morning and while scheduling our dinners with the concierge I mentioned in passing that my boyfriend's birthday was Monday. The staff went out of their way to make his day special. They stocked the bar with his favorite beer, surprised us with a bottle of champagne before dinner that night, and when we came home from the night out (after special birthday drinks made by the snake-bar staff), left balloons and a cake made out of towels with little flowers for the candle flames. Wow!
Other highlights: We loved the snake bar in the main lobby -- all the staff there were wonderful especially Artemio, Jose and a beautiful lady who worked the evenings whose name totally escapes me at the moment. The entertainment staff was incredibly impressive (each speak 3-4 languages) and worked hard to make sure we had a good time especially Irina, Manuel, Edwin. If these folks were in the States, I'd hire them in a minute. We ended up on-stage for the "ideal couple" contest and had a great time. Dancing at the Galaxy was a blast. The beach is gorgeous although there is a little strip of rocks you'll want to avoid. The spa was beautiful, clean and peaceful. We availed ourselves of all the amenities, the outdoor foot bath, wet and dry saunas, all the Jacuzzi and the pool. We both got massages and reflexology treatments, which were fantastic. We enjoyed the swim up bar and pool and just walking around the immaculate grounds.
The restaurants were all good, but we especially enjoyed the Mediterranean (lobster and steak for my lover's birthday) and the Steakhouse. (Skip the Cajun place -- that was our least favorite). Best bet for hot eggs in the morning is to get an omelette--yum! The buffets are pretty good, there is definitely something for everyone at them.
One minor complaint: The bed was a bit on the hard side although by the second night we got used to it.
Recommendation: Make your reservations for dinner as soon as you arrive to get the best times.
Parting thoughts: Loved, loved, loved this trip! Thank you to all the staff at the Maya for making our vacation wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico