My fiance' and I just returned from our 5 night stay at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya. Overall we thought the resort was great. This was my fiance's first time at an all inclusive and it didn't disappoint. We would definitely plan another trip to Iberostar.
The rooms at the Maya are very spacious, but you can save money and stay at the Lindo and enjoy all the same ammenities.
We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the restaurant near the Mayan lobby. The nutella crepes are absolutely amazing!
I would highly recommend making dinner reservations at the speciality restaurants. We tried the Japanase, Mexican, Steak House, and Cajan restaurants, all of which were great!
For those of you that like privacy, hit the deck on top of the ice cream cafe. We spent a lot of time there and we had the place to ourselves!
The good and the bad:
As I mentioned the food at the speciality restaurants was great; the buffets were decent, but it was very rare to find food that was hot even when the buffets opened.
The staff was amazing from the maids, the waitstaff, bartenders, and the entertainment staff. Speaking of the entertainment staff, they did a great job mingling and getting people to participate in activities. We especially enjoyed our convos with Edwin. The nightly shows were good, not great. Our favorites were the Movie and Awards shows.
We checked out the disco one night and it wasn't really for us, but for those of you into a club vibe check it out. Our favorite hangout was the snake bar which we went to everyday.
I will say that we had tiny little bugs in our bathroom and in the bar area. I wasn't thrilled with that but you see them throughout the resort so I don't think there's much they can do about that. They were harmless.
I've been on vacations that you need to get up early and reserve your lounge chair, this wasn't an issue at the Mayan. There are plenty of lounge chairs on the beach and at the pools.
Check out the Iberostar Lindo or Maya and you will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Otel, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico