We traveled to this hotel with another family and little kids. We specifically picked the hotel for its good family reviews and amenities for families. My family and I are typically not the complaining type and are very easy to please but out of all the Mexico resorts I have stayed at in the last few years I really wanted to write a review on this one because it was a big let down.
The hotel and its grounds are beautiful.
Rooms are nice (beds rock hard). And I mean ROCK hard.
Food was ok. A little repetitive and bland at the buffets compared to other resorts but still OK. A lot of the specialty restaurants were closed during our stay apparently. When we called to make reservations they would tell us one restaurant is open and this is the only time we have. One two of the four days that we at specialty restaurants they made the reservation at the wrong resort and another time didn't make it all.
The beach was amazing. Waters had no rocks and was crystal clear ...very few waves.
Pools were nice as well.
Entertainment team was by far the biggest plus and surprise. Amazing shows.
Front desk is one are where this hotel needs to work on big time. We arrived for check in 3 hours early. We had no problems waiting at all. The front desk attendant Adrianna checked us in, gave us room keys and said your room will be ready at 3pm. A simple
"you can wait here" or
"the buffet is around the corner for your kids to eat while you wait" or
"here is a quick overview of the resorts and its amenities"
"here are places or things you can access or not access"....
All of these would have been very helpful.
As some of the previous reviews mentioned, this resort complex is huge. The Maya and Lindo share a lot of its facilities, the majority of these located on the Lindo side. My suggestion is if you still want to go is book a room at the Lindo and save yourself the extra charges, because a lot of the restaurants, theater with shows, lazy river, kids pool and other things are located on the Lindo side anyway.
Another disappointment was with the trolley system. The hotel says they have trolley's going every 15 minutes to transport guests around. This IS NOT TRUE by any means. There are trolley's that is correct but very few drivers, thus all you see is the trolley's parked---meaning A LOT of walking. For a hotel this size, there need to be trolleys otherwise your vacation turns into a walking marathon because its a mile in each direction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico