You will want for very little in this hotel, one of 5 on th paraiso campus, and the 2nd most lavish after the adult only Grand. Sharing a pool with the Lindo and having access to all of the Lindo's speciality resteraunts results in a lively resort for families and a choice of more than 10 places to eat each night. A large theatre provides nightly entertainment of a cheesy but professional and suprisimgly highly produced standard. The almost continuous buffets are of a high standard comparable with international hotels in Las Vegas, and whilst the specialty resteraunts provide welcome variety (and in the case of the Japanese resteraunt no small amount of theatre) those who are expecting genuinely gourmet or Michelin starred food will be dissapointed. In particular the French resteruant let down in this respect, with for example the Brie being substituted with something more akin to Manchego , nothing actually wrong with it, just not Brie, not French and not what I asked for or expected.
The complex also features two nightclubs, one for teens (empty) and one for adults (full of teens) a burger bar, a crepe cafe, an ice cream parlour, a beach grill bar, a taco place etc. etc. all included within your all inclusive deal, which is particularly good for those with kids who get tired of the continual expenditure of a more conventional holiday.
The bars are well stocked with recognisable quality brands such as Bombay Saphire and Glenfiddich all included in the deal.
A lot of Americans drinking frozen cocktails in the pool bars and leaving them half finished all around the pools, and an annoying tendancy of fellow guests to reserve poolside and beach side beds with towels before breakfast (why don't the management just clear them all away if the beds are not being used??), and the always slightly ominous expectation to tip frequently (although only modestly, I am British and once I have paid I hate paying again for the order to be taken, then poured, then cleared, and then accompanied by a complimentary snack etc. are the only slight irritants even after two weeks in the resort.
A fantastic beach and of course the Carribean sea, complete what constitutes by most peoples standards a great value and high quality family beach holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Otel, VISIT US, INC. and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.