“Great time- Great Staff- Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Paraiso Maya

You added Iberostar Paraiso Maya to your Saves list
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pto Juarez km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Houston, TX
“Great time- Great Staff- Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just booked another trip back to Iberostar Paraiso Beach for a Girls trip next week. My family was at the Iberostar Maya in November and had a wonderful time.

We did pay for an upgrade room then but I will not this time. I did not see any value in that. I did not pay for an upgrade for my kids room and we were relatively close and the rooms were no different. It was just location and if you do not have a problem with mobility no need to upgrade. We were there in low season so there was no issue with getting chairs.

The resort is large and very well maintained. The staff are friendly and eager to please. I agree with the others on the WIFI issue but hey I go on vacation to get away so no big problem for me. Check in and check out were relatively easy.Food and drinks were plentiful. I am not sure why others complain but I would recommend to all my friends and family.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your invaluable feedback. We are really glad to know you are coming back to our resort and appreciate you sharing your opinion with other travelers. Thank you very much for all the positive points you mentioned.

In regard to the differences between the two hotels, Paraiso Maya offers exclusive services for guests such as 5 restaurants + access to other restaurants, a la carte for breakfast and lunch, the baby kitchen, elevators in buildings, DVD in rooms, internet in rooms via cable (extra charge), more complete and spacious rooms, private swimming pool, free Wi-Fi in lobby, access to spa wet area for adults only, and other services that are in the facility Paraiso Maya.

But of course both Lindo and Maya offer excellent services.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again at any of our hotels and give you the excellent service that you and your family deserve!!

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Polish first
Lafayette, Indiana, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The main annoying things about the resort are the aggressive mosquitoes, and the lack of routine consistent shuttle service in such large resort. Everyone had multiple large skin reactions from mosquitoes bites despite spraying with repellant. My sister was disable and had difficulty getting around the large resort without the shuttle, which we often had to wait a long time for. If they can fix these issues, then the resort would be a great place to go to.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear customer,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar Paraiso Maya and for taking the time to share your review about your experience.

With respect your comments about mosquitoes, we regret about that situation; but we would like to inform you that the hotel has a weekly fumigation program to keep mosquitoes away from rooms and daily fumigates common areas. But in cases where guests report any additional problem, we assist them right away and follow up during the week to make sure mosquitoes are not a bother anymore.

We regret any dissatisfaction regarding our services and the layout of our resort. We have a train going back and forth and we also have golf carts with our bell boys. We are happy to tell you that we have just bought new golf carts for our guests comfort. You can also pre-program a ride with the concierge and wait comfortably in your room until it arrives.

We genuinely hope to serve you again at Iberostar and therefore look forward to seeing you again at our hotel in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just came back from our first family vacation in over 10 years and I can say every member of my family would give the Iberostar Praiso Maya the same rating. This hotel was great. The staff was friendly, helpful, and entertaining. The grounds are beautiful, the pools are great, and the beach is amazing. The shopping area (with food and drink and even crepes!) and golf course (inexpensive, unlimited drinks/food) were just added pleasures. The food was great and plentiful and along with the variety you couldn't go wrong. We spent an entire week here and would go back in an instant. The bartenders (Israel, Jose, Gloria), waiters (Sergio), concierge, water sports/dive shop folks were all awesome. I wish I could remember all of their names to give them credit...there were too many good folks and I am not so good with names! We even tried room service a couple of times and were just as impressed.
We had a room in building 64 which was a great location half way between the lobby and beach and away from the pool if we needed quiet time. Our room was at the end of the floor so our balcony wrapped around the corner and was twice as big as another other, great place to chill after a long day of beach, sun, drinks, and excursions.
We tried every restaurant except for the French one and enjoyed them all. We had no trouble getting reservations through our concierge for every night, even changes were easy.
No problem with beach towels or finding a spot on the beach, only on Thursday and Friday did it get a bit crowded, but still plenty of room. The food and drink at the beach was great. Just what you expect for a beach restaurant.
If/when we go on the next big vacation, we will consider anywhere there is an Iberostar and hope that it will be as good as this experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Please accept our most sincere appreciations for choosing to be valued guests of our property, Iberostar Paraiso Maya. In addition, we are most grateful for the time you have taken to write a review for Trip Advisor about how your holiday went at our resort.

We are truly thrilled to understand from your gracious remarks that not only did you have a memorable experience at our hotel but were also extremely impressed with our staff and facilities. We will certainly congratulate all the staff for contributing to making your holiday special.

Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just spent 5 days there with 12 recent high school graduates and their parents. Was very impressed by the cheerfulness, friendliness, and competence of the staff. Interacted with dozens of maids, bartenders, servers, etc. and there wasn't a sourpuss among them. "Hola" and a pleasant smile and wave wherever you go.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the beach and pools if you have an issue walking very far. I had no iss...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Client,

Let us begin by extending a special word of thanks for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to vacation at Iberostar Paraiso Maya. We are also very thankful for the time you have taken to share with us and the rest of the online community, how your holidays went at our hotel. It definitely motivates us to continue improving our service.

We feel honored to have contributed to making your holiday especial. Our main goal is to offer the best vacation experiences to our guests, thank you very much for all the positive points you mentioned. Your comments about the kindness of our staff will go far in encouraging our team.

We are confident that you will be staying again at Iberostar and as such sincerely look forward to your next visit. It will be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Chicago, Illinois, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Beautiful hotel, pool, and beach. The food was very good-great selection. It took too long to replenish some items, even basic stuff like guacamole!! The straws are being rashined due to recycling. This was annoying as I have small children. Most of the servers are amazing. The concierge were awesome. The main buffet runs out of high chairs. Although the room and hotel are very clean we found a dead roach in our room. We have stayed at the ajoining less expensive Iberostar. I would recommend that. This hotel is not worth the added price!!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

It is really an honor for us to know that you and your family enjoyed our resort again.
On the other hand, we apologize about the situation you described in your room. Our maintenance department fumigates our resort every day and rooms every week, since some insects live in our tropical environment.

We would like to mention that our Public Relations Department or Front Desk is happy to help when our guests present concerns.

Regarding the use of straws, please rest assured we will communicate with our Food & Beverages Department in order to supply straws to guests who request them, our apologies about that. Likewise we will forward your comments on the replenishment of items in the buffet to our Executive Chef.

Regarding the difference between both hotels, although there are quite a few differences nowadays (Maya has exclusively for its guests the waterpark, 5 restaurants and access to the other restaurants, a la carte restaurant for breakfast and lunch (Tapatio), the baby kitchen, elevators in buildings, DVD in the rooms, plug-in internet [with charge] in the rooms, larger and more complete rooms, private pool, free WiFi in lobby, access to spa for adults) we are planning to add more services for the Maya hotel and give exclusive access to certain facilities in the future.

We hope you come back to any of our Iberostars in the future; it would be a pleasure to host you.

Kind regards,

Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Hi All,

Just returned from the maya and here's my take on the hotel.

GOOD:
-Hotel is SPOTLESS...I mean really clean..
-No Musky smell in room at all.
-Got free upgrade to Superior Junior suite without even asking!
-Service is A1
-Star Friends pretty entertaining
-Coatis and iguanas are entertaining for the kids

Bad:
Nothing really comes to mind
Keep in Mind the Resort is HUGE, if you have mobility issues, this hotel is not for you, you have to walk alot.. or call for golf carts.

What needs inprovement:
-Wifi range LOL how much can it cost to add some more Access points?? Everyone is in Lobby.
-Food is Good..But not great. This Caliber of Hotel should WOW you with it's food.
-Drinks are a bit on the weak side.
-Have to play towel game to get GOOD spots on beach and pool. Unfortunate...
-Waiters should take a basic English course, they tend to pretend to understand you but then bring you the wrong thing.

Overall i would reccommend this Hotel as my family and i had a good time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear friend,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Maya for your vacation in Mexico.

Please know that the management and staff at Iberostar Resorts are committed to providing an ambience which satisfies the needs of our diverse clientele and it is so gratifying to know that you enjoyed the atmosphere and our friendship!

We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations concerning the food and beverage quality. Our Chef is always working on improving the different options and creating new recipes for our buffets and A la Carte Restaurants; we will pass your feedback on to him, as receiving our guests’ perceptions is a powerful tool that he uses to achieve the wow factor you were talking about.

As per your comments about the Internet, and attending many comments sent by our guests, we are glad to inform you that this year we will have Internet access at all the areas at Iberostar Playa Paraiso, including rooms, beach and pool areas, with an extra cost.

Please be sure that we have taken note of all your comments and can assure you that we will do our best to improve our service day by day. We wish to have the opportunity to host you and your family again in a near future.

Warm regards,
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I wouldnt go back to this hotel if it was free. Upon check out during our stay for a wedding in May, I left personal financial documents in a folder in our room. I called the concierge from the airport, and she found the documents in the room, and said she would secure them for safe keeping, and send them to me. They ran me in circles until I finally gave them a scanned copy of my credit card and license to ship these documents back to Boston, and then POOF all the sudden no knew where my documents were and they told me to take a hike. I had to contact our family lawyer, so he is aware that when my identify gets stolen we know where is stemmed from. Disgusting excuse for a resort. Overall, the food was terrible, room was not clean, and after pre-paying for our king size room, they gave us two twin beds instead. DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear client,

First of all we would like to offer you our sincere apologies for your distress due to a very important matter like your documents.

We know that we cannot go back in time and change the situation, but we would like to clarify that the papers were accidentally destroyed, so nobody can use your information. We are REALLY sorry about what happened.

We reiterate our commitment to help in anything you need, as we have stated in the private emails we have exchanged.

As per your comments about the hotel, rooms and restaurants, these have also been referred to our Management to review our standards and work on improving our services.

Once again, we are truly sorry that your experience was spoiled and hope you let us know by e mail how we can help you.

Warm regards,
Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Maya? Share your experiences!