This was our 3rd visit to this resort and we will absolutely be back. Each of our visits has seemed better than the one before. We have two kids, ages 9 and 11 and they enjoy every moment and experience. The food and service are top notch. Our breakfast/lunch waiter would have our drinks on the table before we even sat down in some cases! Our coffee was always hot and my water glass was never empty. We wouldn't miss the Japanese (went twice during our stay), Seafood and Steakhouse dinners. Order exactly what you want, even if it's not set up that way on the menu. We will sometimes order an entree to share with the table as an appetizer. We didn't have a great experience at the Mexican restaurant. It was outside the norm of our experience but worth mentioning because it was "that bad". The kids and I actually went straight to the buffet after that experience and had a delightful meal! So good, in fact, that we all blew off the reservations the next evening to each the buffet again.
Tips are optional but I will tell you that everyone works so hard, you will WANT to tip. We bring $150 - $200 in $5's and $1's and have become very comfortable giving out wet bills. The quality of the nightly entertainment exceeded our expectations. There are two nights, Pirate Night and The Perfect Couple that are audience participation shows. Fun but not the full blown show you see the other nights. Since we had been there and done that, we passed on those nights this trip. Our kids would head to the kids club after lunch at 1:30 to watch a movie. It was nice to get them out of the sun for a while and gave us an opportunity to head to one of the private pools and chill out in peace and quiet for a couple of hours. The ocean is incredible, super fun waves and great sand. BRING A Towel to put down on the chairs because the sand fleas are fierce! We were busy every day moving from the lazy river to the ocean to the wave pool to the main pool for some volleyball and basketball. Do as much or as little as you choose. Wonderful, wonderful vacation that left me wanting more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., VISIT US, INC. , Expedia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico