The Maya was a gorgeous hotel with lovely rooms and a fantastic staff. Unfortunately, a huge tropical depression arrived on our third day in paradise and turned the entire place into a wet mess. Several first floor rooms were flooded and there was water leaking from nearly every roof. The eating areas had buckets to catch the dripping water and in many cases there were electrical shorts from water getting into the light fixtures.
The staff was working very hard to keep the water contained but it was just too much to handle.
The shining star of our trip was Ingrid. My son has life threatening allergies to all dairy products and she was assigned to us every day and night to make sure he had a good experience. She was so kind and helpful and really made our food portion of the trip fantastic. I can't speak highly enough of what a wonderful help she was -- and she did it with a smile at all times.
Before the rain hit, the resort was so much fun and we would definitely go back, only this time, not in hurricane season.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, VISIT US, INC. , Otel and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.