I recently stayed at the Paraiso Maya with 6 other women for a girls trip. We have been to this area for the past three years, each year choosing another hotel. The hotel is part of 3 others so the resort is HUGE! Not so big, that you can't walk around it, just big. Being a guest of the Maya hotel allows you to be able to use the 2 other ones in the resort, but not the Grand Paraiso. That one is the forbidden hotel. It is adults only. You get a colored wristband when you check in that tells the staff where you belong.
The shows at night were pretty bad. I really wasn't expecting something fabulous, but they were pretty cheesy. The food was just so-so. I don't expect too much from all inclusive places. Our favorite was the steakhouse. The Japanese hibachi took sooo long! The pools were huge and there were many of them. The best thing was the beach. The water was pretty warm and the waves were great! Not much seaweed. There were plenty of chairs in the shade at the pool and at the beach. There was definitely not much night life here. No place that everyone seemed to gather around to have a good time. We all felt very safe and were comfortable walking around in the evening together.
We all talked about that we would definitely consider bringing our families here. There were lots of activities to do including archery, air gun, ping pong, beach soccer, beach volleyball etc. Overall, it was a good trip- not a 4 star or 5 star hotel, but decent and competitively priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico