Travelled with my two girlfriends and had a great time. The room had plenty of space for the 3 of us. The fridge was only slightly above room temperature, but that was our only issue with the room. It is a very large complex, but just ask and your concierge will arrange for a golf cart if you need a break from the walking. The hotel and grounds were beautiful as was the huge pool. The lazy river is not as big as other reviews made it seem, but it was decent. As we had our own floatation devices, trying to find one wasn't an issue.
We spent a lot of time on the beach and only had a problem finding shaded chairs one day when we didn't go out until late afternoon. There were plenty of chairs if you weren't concerned with having a little shade. The beach was huge with perfectly powdery sand. The water was a little rough, so there was some seaweed coming in with the waves. It wasn't a big deal, however, and we did spend a lot of time in the ocean. It was fun to float on the waves with our boogie boards.
I'm not sure what the occupancy was when we were there, but the resort(s) are so spread out we never felt crowded. The food was above average for an all-inclusive. The scallops at the hibachi restaurant were fishy, but everything else we had all week was good. Definitely did not go hungry! Having to make reservations for the ala carte restaurants was somewhat of a nuisance, but they are worth it.
The spa is very nice and we did spend some time there each day. The salt water pool and roman baths were very relaxing, I had a massage and although the prices were a little high, it was great. As we made later dinner reservations, we only caught one show. It was entertaining and we regretted not being able to see any others.
We had the airport transport included with Olympus, through the hotel. They were very well organized. They will try to tell you on the day you arrive that you have to come back that day or the next to get your departure time. When you do, they just let you know about all the tours they provide - you really don't have to go until the day before you leave. We didn't go right away and they left a note on our door, which was annoying, but other than that they were not pushy. In fact, we found all of the employees to be pleasant. Everyone had a smile and an hola for us. Even the few panhandlers on the beach were not pushy at all. (nice change after Jamaica!)
All and all it was a great trip - one of our party is already planning a return trip with her family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, VISIT US, INC. and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico