Just returned from a one week stay at the Iberostar Pariso Maya. Because I rely on TripAdvisor reviews so much when I am planning my vacations, I thought it only fair that I finally write my first review on here for everyone else's benefit.
- The grounds are simply beautiful. No complaints here. Everything is very well maintained and given the size of this resort, I was very impressed at how clean and beautiful everything looked.
- The resort is HUGE. If you have difficulty walking or like to have all amenities close by, this might not be the resort for you. You can however ask the concierge for a shuttle to and from locations within the resort, but it takes about 10 mins for the shuttle to arrive. Personally I would find this a pain, so would rather stay somewhere smaller if I had concerns about walking.
- The beach was nice. Some rocks in the ocean which you need to avoid when entering, but overall nice.
- Our room was spacious and clean. My only complaint would be the lighting in the bathrooms. The lighting is very dim and poor; not ideal for ladies when applying make-up, etc. This really bothered me when getting ready.
- The food was pretty good. The breakfast buffet was good, something for everyone here. We weren't a fan of the dinner buffet and thankfully only ate there once. The a la carte restaurants are definitely much better than the buffet, so I would suggest making reservations at the restaurants each night. We ate at the Japanese (twice), Steakhouse and French restaurants. All were pretty good, we enjoyed all of our meals.
- The service was generally good. Most of the staff were friendly and polite, there were just a few that were a big grumpy.
- The entertainment was ok. A couple of the shows were good and a couple were really cheesy and bad. NOTE: If you are going on vacation without children, I would DEFINITELY recommend going to Coco Bongo in Playa Del Carment; it was AMAZING! It is a Vegas type show/nightclub and I have never seen anything like it before. You can Google it if you're not sure, but I would defintely take the trip into Playa and check it out. Great for people of all ages.
- Golf course is amazing. One of the most beautiful courses we've every golfed at. Very well manicured. If you are a golfer, you should definitely golf here.
Overall it was a nice holiday. I would stay here again without any reservations or concerns. If you are going to stay here, you should expect a very large resort with lot's of walking. If this isn't your preference, I would suggest you stay somewhere smaller.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Stentorian NV, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, VISIT US, INC. , HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.