Had stayed at Barcelo Maya Palace three prior trips and was skeptical about trying anything else.
Barcelo does have a nicer sea front--no mangrove jungle to walk through to get to it.
But after staying at the IPMaya, I would have no qualms about going there again.
We rented a Hertz car and used it to go to Coba(I made it to the top of the 126 step pyramid) and Playa del Carmen to shop, get massages,and see the Nasty Ba$tards at the Wah Wah beach bar. JJ and his boys are a lot of fun.
The resort is relatively close to the airport and PDC which makes it nice to drive--we saved transfer fees,Coba trip fees, and shuttle or collectivo fees to PDC.
Checkin was a breeze. We arrived 7:30 pm and headed to the snake bar after checking in our rooms. We had made all of our restaurant reservations two weeks prior and had the Steakhouse the first night at nine. Very good seafood and steak. We ate at the Japanese Geisha three times, the Marina seafood twice and the gourmet once. Every thing was very good, especially the stone crab and king crab appetizers at the seafood. Had lobster, steak and shrimp at the Japanese--excellent.
The morning and lunch buffets were very good and offered many choices.The bars all served good drinks and we had a huge variety --Mexican flags to Dos equi beer. Enrique at the snake bar is a jewel, though all the bartenders were very good.
Service was very, very good and helpful throughout the complexes.
We used the hobie cats three different days and had nice sails--staff very nice at the divers shop.
Went to the special halloween party at the shopping center--they did a tremendous job with the "scare tunnel". The regular shows were not Vegas, but with a few timely drinks they were doable.
We had great weather the whole week(Oct 28-Nov4).
Didn't mind the walks--needed them after the meals.Golf carts were always at the lobby areas if you did want a ride somewhere.
Grounds were spotless with much vegetation to care for.
Again, the employees made things extra special and we wouldn't hesitate to return.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Otel, VISIT US, INC. and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.