We have never been to Mexico, but instead usually go to the Jersey Shore. Well, maybe never again! For our $4000 budget, that we usually spend to go down the shore, and alot of work along with it, you can fly to Mexico and be waited on hand and foot and treated like royalty. Everyone at this hotel was wonderful and kind and helpful. I wish I could name everyone we came in contact with that helped us, but there are too many to name. It's a great place for all ages and you can either relax and not be bothered, or get involved in as many activities as you want. There's no pressure either way! There is always somewhere open to get food or get a drink. The facilities are all very clean and thoughtfully landscaped. I liked that it's not a "posh and stuffy" hotel, but a beautiful and laid back hotel. I urge you to visit here and stay. We can't wait to go back again. OH! And don't forget to bring your own floats! We bought 2 at Target, very cheap, and left them there. No big deal, they only costs us $3! And there is alot of walking, so bring comfy shoes. But after eating and drinking so much, you can use a walk. Or stop and get a ride with the shuttles which are always available!
The only reason I gave 4 stars out of 5 is:
I felt the pool and surroundings were maybe not as clean as they could be. I have to admit the swim up bar did smell a little like vomit. And the pool water is hot and not refreshing. I think that may be because it is salt water. However, the beach and water was wonderful to spend the day at. Much more refreshing and cooler. I'm not gonna lie, it's HOT down there in July!
Also, we seemed to get used to most of the eating facilities being open air, but I wish the theater was enclosed and air conditioning. We only saw one show, because every night it was just too damn hot to sit there.
And, there's no free wifi except at the shopping center. Which you have to walk or ride to. Which is fine, but you can only get there maybe once a day.
Our tips: get your spot at the beach early, people do reserve chairs early. Bring some frosted flakes from breakfast while snorkeling for the fish. They float and the fish swim up to eat them. Pack light, only bathing suits, shorts, and summer dresses needed. Book your specialty dinners upon check in. Go all the way to south end to find out about the banana boat ride, go early to make your reservation. Wash out your bathing suits if you are in the pool. The water gives them a funky smell, and hang in the bathroom. They don't dry outside in the humid air.
Kudos to the staff at Del Mar for running such a great place to vacation! Gracias!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico