“can't wait to go back!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Paraiso del Mar

You added Iberostar Paraiso del Mar to your Saves list
Iberostar Paraiso del Mar
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carrt. Chetumal-Pto. Juarez km. 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710 , Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Sint-Truiden, Limburg, Belgium
“can't wait to go back!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

the hotel was great (great food, great rooms, great service, very big pool, ......)
and the thing what made our holiday perfect was the BEST ENTERTAINING TEAM ever seen by our star friends (rigo,yeya,monse,javier,cesar,benito,gabriel,joshua,gama,christian)

sven and sofie from Belgium ;)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Guests,

On behalf of the Management of the Hotel Iberostar Paraiso del Mar we would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel for your vacation.

We would like to thank you for choosing us as option for your vacation in Mexico. We appreciate you sharing your opinion with other travelers. This is the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily.

It fills us with pride and satisfaction to read in your comments that you would recommend our Hotel, we will forward your experience to every department that made your experience unbelievable.

We hope to welcome you to our Hotel and enjoy once again our warm environment and great service.

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Polish first
Bethalto, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I just got back from vacation at the Iberostar Pariso Del Mar. Stayed September 20th for a week. Here is the good and the bad. The only real complaint I have is the pool area. One of the pools were closed for repairs which I totally understand, but the pool that was open was constantly dirty. Im not sure if the pumps were working because nothing was being sucked into them. There was always a film on the water with bugs and debris and straws and I never saw anyone out there cleaning it. It only looked clean like 2 out of the 7 days we were there. You have to walk up a very slick slope to get to the pool bar and the drinks were very weak and most of the time I didn't get what I ordered, and what is with all the bees at the pool bar, there were tons of them flying around and hanging on all the bottles back behind the bar. They were very bothersome. Last year I went to Cancun and never had any of these problems.. Now for the good.. The star friends were great, they all did an excellent job of making you feel special and coming over and talking to you throughout the day and with all the entertainment. They work very hard and long hours in the hot sun and they were always happy and never complained. We got tired of being in the sun a few days and we rode around on the train for a couple hours with Eric, Jose, Marcos and Mario and they were all great. They would stop by the bar when we needed a drink let us run in and get one and hopped back on the train. That really was a lot of fun. We stayed in 1152 and was close to the pool, but everything else was a little bit of a walk, it was never a problem to get a ride if we wanted one though.. Housekeeping was always good, we didn't get wash cloths the first day so I left a note to leave some and they kept the note there all week and made sure we had them all week, I loved the towel animals and they made some kind of design out of our curtains. We were always excited to go back to the room to see what they left for us. The buffet food was fine, I mean its buffet food which I don't normally eat. Always a good variety, they have a lot of the same things everyday but we never had a problem finding something to eat. We did a few of the specialty restaraunts. We did Mexican which was good, I had the tacos, we did the Steakhouse and had the filet (it was very good). Steakhouse was so good we went back the next night and they had people not show up so they let us in again. Did the Mediteranian, I had some kind of pork which I thought was also good. Then we did the Brazillian which I really liked but the amount of food was overwhelminig, they just kept bringing more out, but it was all delicious. The staff really is top notch. Everyone we came in contact with at the lobby bar, the front desk, the theater bar, the waitresses, the star friends, the buffet and restaurant workers, the drivers are what really make this resort special. It was very hot and only rained one day so we really lucked out because the week before we went it apparently rained 6 days in a row. All in All I had a great time because of the employees treating me so well, but you really need to do something about that pool area. Im not sure when I will be returning to Mexico, but I would deffinately give the Iberostar Pariso Del Mar another chance

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Clients,

On behalf of the management of Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor how your vacations went at our Complex.

We would like to thank you for choosing us as option for your vacation in Mexico. We appreciate your sharing your opinion with us, this is the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily.

We regret to know that you found some issues with the maintenance of the pool; we have already informed the Maintenance manager and the management of the Hotel to make sure we have extra Staff at the area cleaning the pools that are open. We have already informed the Food & Beverage manager regarding the pool bar, be sure that we will improve our services and facilities for our guests.

It is great to read that you found that the service of the Staff was always outstanding and gracious. These comments are truly important to us, as our team’s main reward is the recognition of their hard work. The bell boys, chefs, housekeepers and all our Staff would be more than glad to know that they made your vacation special and you are already thinking of coming back to our Hotel.

We genuinely hope that if ever returning to Mexico, you will not hesitate to visit us again since we earnestly look forward to hosting you once more.

Workaholics
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have used this hotel several times before and the other hotels with the complex. It is with a sad heart that I post this review, what have you done with the hotel Iberostar!
We revisited the hotel at the start of June, in the middle of a tropical storm. Reception lied to us saying that we were in the honeymoon suite, it was a normal room? We arrived at 21.30 and after getting soaked to the skin getting to the room we decided we did not want to go out again to get food. We called room service and was told that the kitchen was closed, no food for us that night
During the night the noise from the ice machine made it difficult to sleep so we asked to move rooms, happily this was completed quickly.
Now to the main issue with the hotel, the food. The food being held on the hot plates and the cold buffet are not being kept to the correct temperature. I had an upset stomach, I am not a big drinker so I knew it could not have been that. I happened to see the hotel staff completing temperature checks to the cold buffet, I decided to wait and see what temperature was noted. The potato salad was recording a temperature of 17 degrees, way above a safe level for a cold buffet! It has to be said that the staff did not want me to see this and tried to get me to move on. I reported this to the Thomson Rep and although he said he was going to speak to the hotel I saw little evidence that anything was actually being done about it. We also noted hot food being carried out with bare hands, to be hot enough it should have been brought out with oven gloves on! The better meals are in the A La Carte restaurants but again we had a few nights when food came out cold when it should have been hot
The up side to the holiday was the Cigar Lounge, yes many of you don't use it, not sure why. The lounge is behind the reception bar, if air conditioned so you do not get eaten by mosquitos while you are having a drink. Jorge looked after us for two weeks, hope the wedding went well Jorge. My husband likes a cigar in the evening and a Mojito, we had the lounge pretty much to ourselves for two weeks. I do not smoke but had no issues because the air flow in the room took the smoke away. Jorge supplied us with drinks all night, popping his head round the door to check on us at regular intervals
We spent our time at the beach, yes you can get the double beds if you want them. The ladies come along the beach asking if you want drinks, to our American cousins please tip, these ladies work hard for very little money
On the whole we will not go back to the hotel, it is now past its best which is a shame we always looked forward to visiting the resort

Room Tip: Mid section of the hotel, we found a rooms halfway between reception and the beach was best. Top flo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Iberostar Clients,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing us again as option for your vacation in Mexico.

We appreciate you sharing your opinion regarding your stay and the feedback from your vacation. We regret to know that you experienced this inconveniences during the tropical storm in June at the Riviera Maya. Unfortunately during the tropical storm the rain and wind was so abundant that the room service was closed since the delivery service was unable to reach the rooms without compromising the food.

We do have a Health & Safety department that take two temperature tests per platter and several measures are taken to keep the food as warm as possible, such as not filling platters completely to change them more often, however buffet restaurants being quite large and exposed to external climate (or A/C), plus the fact that plates are not taken directly from the kitchen to the guests’ table as they do in a la carte restaurants, but are moved around the restaurant while we pick our food, increase the chances of food ending up less than hot when they get to the tables. Exposed food that does not comply with acceptable standards is changed. In any case we have already forwarded your feedback to our Health & Safety department.

We also have a Medical Service on site to offering medical attention to any illness or symptoms our guests may have. This is an extra service from the Hotel and belongs to an external Hospital, however it is there to help our guests.

It is truly important for us that you have taken the time to share your nice comments regarding the service offered by Jorge at the cigar bar. We have already shared them with him to keep him motivated.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the near future, please rest assured that our guests’ wellbeing is our priority and we do take your feedback seriously.

Elida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Hurricane Ingrid ruined the weather, but we were still able to have a great time. My wife broke her leg, I came home with Montezuma's Revenge, but we'd go back in a second. Buffet food was OK, but specialized reservation restaurants were excellent. The majority of the staff was great, especially two of out star friends - Gabrielle and Christian - two great guys that made us feel like friends and not visitors. We hope to see them again next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guests,

We truly appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. We are more than happy to know that the weather was not an inconvenience to have an amazing stay with us in the Riviera Maya.

We will give all your nice and generous comments to the people that you mention, it is a great reward for our employees to give them all this compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep up with the good work.

elida .ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was our third trip to the Del Mar, we have been here for the past 3 Septembers. This year we brought friends. We have been to other resorts, (Dreams, Grand Bahai) but there is just something about this one that keeps calling us back. We arrived by bus, which had to make a couple of stops at other resorts first. Next time , we are considering a direct shuttle since it will get you there quite a bit quicker. The other resorts didn't impress us at all from what you could see when we let other people off there, but when we arrived at the Del Mar, our friends were impressed right away and they hadn't even gotten off the bus yet!! The grounds are beautiful, so green and lush. We notice something different everytime we go there! The rooms are very clean and are serviced daily. We had no complaints about the cleanliness or the restocking of the mini fridge in our room.
The only thing I didn't care for was 2 nights we had turn down service that we weren't expecting. That was very nice, but I would rather be able to request that service than to come back in the evening and find that someone had been in my room. I would have straightened up a little had I known!! Also, mid way through our stay, our room safe wouldn't unlock and we had to call the front desk. They arrived very quickly and nothing had been disturbed. The next day, same thing. The next time it was 11 o'clock at night and this time, they had to replace the battery in the safe. Yes, an inconvenience, but they were very promt to unlock it, and nothing had been messed with. It's never happened before, just one of those things.
The food was good, but of course, the gourmet restaurants were much better. Our favorite has always been the American steakhouse-get the fillet, its amazing! However, we let our frinds choose the other evenings and I was surprised at how good the Mediteranian restaurant was! I have always stayed away from there because I don't like seafood, but there were plenty of choices and it was very good! I might have a tie for favorite restaurant now!! We also had the Japanese and the Italian which were very good as well.
The Star Friends are what makes the trip though. We met two new friends this year, Gabriel and Christian. These guys are super friendly and we enjoyed breakfast with Gabriel and learning to juggle with Christian. They were around every day and always had time to talk and make us feel comfortable while we were there.
The pool games and activities are alot of fun whether you participate or just watch, and I look forward to" Hey, Hey Baby!" as soon as I get there. The bars are great- shout out to Roger at the beach bar, who never forgot my husband's name, and Omar and Louis at the pool bar. I know some people say that the drinks are weak or watered down, but don't be afraid to ask for an extra shot if you want it to be stronger!
In the evenings, we enjoyed going up to the lobby bar and just relaxing. Rosa is our favorite waitress up there!!
The first 2 nights we were there, the entertainment at the theater was pretty good, but after that it was back to the same shows we've seen the last 2 times we were there. Not bad, but not great either.
Oh yes, and let me mention that it rained 5 out of 7 days we were there, and I mean ALOT of rain-due to a hurricane out in the gulf- but it was warm rain and we sat under the thatched huts or got in the pool. We wouldn't let a little rain ruin our vacation! Typically, in the past we've had 0 rain, so don't let this affect a decision to travel here in the fall.
And lastly, I love those little coati! They are fun to see and the babies are so cute!! I always get pictures of those little rascals!
We will definantly come back- we just hope there's a little sun next year!!

Room Tip: We have always stayed on the ground floor, facing the pool area in buildings 14 or 15 but this year...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Friends,

First of all we would like to thank you for the opportunity you give us by keeping choosing Iberostar Paraiso del Mar for your vacation. Thank you very much for your loyalty.

We appreciate the invaluable feedback you have shared with us and fellow travelers with respect to your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very helpful to us in evaluating our service and also it is motivating for our Staff to keep offering the same amazing service to everyone.

We would like to thank you in special for your recognition to all this single employees that make our hotel stand out and that at the end are the ones that would make you choose us again in the future.

We would like to apologize if the turn down service made you uncomfortable. Please rest assured our housekeepers job is to keep your room as impeccable as possible, no matter the initial state of the room. You are on vacation and we understand you want to spend your time out enjoying yourself. In any case we take it into account; your comments will be sent to our Housekeeping Department.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future to Iberostar in Riviera Maya.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Beautiful resort. Great rooms, very quiet. Food was wonderful. The grounds were well maintained and very clean. Friendly staff. Pool was huge and lots of fun and the was great. We really liked all the animals - the coati, peacocks, swans, flamingos and even the cats. Great place. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Clients,

On behalf of the management of Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor how your vacations went at our complex.

We appreciate you decided to stay at our Hotel for your vacations and we are pleased that your stay was great and you had an amazing experience with us. We have forwarded your comments to our Staff and the people in charge of every department congratulating them for collaborating in deliver happiness and an unforgettable experience.

We are happy you highlighted our flora and fauna. We are a Green Globe certified hotel and as such make efforts in preserving our environment.

We hope we have the chance to welcome you back and offer you once again our service of excellence.

Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar is the best hotel I really can't wait to go back! This wasn't my first time in Mexico but my first time staying in Riviera Maya & it was the most relaxing vacation. The vibe is so great& the beach was amazing!!!!& full of entertainment every night & everyone there is super nice and friendly. Also the food was so good, I mainly ate at the buffet they have more choices than the restaurants. I'm definitely looking forward for my spring break to go again! Very clean hotel and excellent room service, & of course the staff/workers were the most humble people ever! I recommend everyone to stay here you wont regret it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and other travelers your opinion of your stay at our Iberostar.

It is amazing to receive these great comments from your recent experience since the complete satisfaction of our guests is our main goal. We have already forwarded you incredible comments and feedback to our Staff and also to the people in charge of every department, since for our Staff one of their main rewards is the recognition of their hard work and efforts.

We appreciate you decided to stay at our Hotel for your vacations and we are pleased that your stay was great. We are pleased to know that you are already planning your next visit and that you will recommend us in the future.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Paraiso del Mar? Share your experiences!