We have used this hotel several times before and the other hotels with the complex. It is with a sad heart that I post this review, what have you done with the hotel Iberostar!
We revisited the hotel at the start of June, in the middle of a tropical storm. Reception lied to us saying that we were in the honeymoon suite, it was a normal room? We arrived at 21.30 and after getting soaked to the skin getting to the room we decided we did not want to go out again to get food. We called room service and was told that the kitchen was closed, no food for us that night
During the night the noise from the ice machine made it difficult to sleep so we asked to move rooms, happily this was completed quickly.
Now to the main issue with the hotel, the food. The food being held on the hot plates and the cold buffet are not being kept to the correct temperature. I had an upset stomach, I am not a big drinker so I knew it could not have been that. I happened to see the hotel staff completing temperature checks to the cold buffet, I decided to wait and see what temperature was noted. The potato salad was recording a temperature of 17 degrees, way above a safe level for a cold buffet! It has to be said that the staff did not want me to see this and tried to get me to move on. I reported this to the Thomson Rep and although he said he was going to speak to the hotel I saw little evidence that anything was actually being done about it. We also noted hot food being carried out with bare hands, to be hot enough it should have been brought out with oven gloves on! The better meals are in the A La Carte restaurants but again we had a few nights when food came out cold when it should have been hot
The up side to the holiday was the Cigar Lounge, yes many of you don't use it, not sure why. The lounge is behind the reception bar, if air conditioned so you do not get eaten by mosquitos while you are having a drink. Jorge looked after us for two weeks, hope the wedding went well Jorge. My husband likes a cigar in the evening and a Mojito, we had the lounge pretty much to ourselves for two weeks. I do not smoke but had no issues because the air flow in the room took the smoke away. Jorge supplied us with drinks all night, popping his head round the door to check on us at regular intervals
We spent our time at the beach, yes you can get the double beds if you want them. The ladies come along the beach asking if you want drinks, to our American cousins please tip, these ladies work hard for very little money
On the whole we will not go back to the hotel, it is now past its best which is a shame we always looked forward to visiting the resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., VISIT US, INC. , Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico