“Perfect Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Paraiso del Mar

You added Iberostar Paraiso del Mar to your Saves list
Iberostar Paraiso del Mar
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carrt. Chetumal-Pto. Juarez km. 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710 , Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Boston, MA
“Perfect Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I just got back from the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar / Beach and had an amazing time. My fiance and I went for 7 days 6 nights in late August / early September. The weather was a little crazy. Summer showers pretty much every day but we never went a day without sun. The hotel is huge and there are tons of things to do. There is never a dull moment. Overall we had an absolutely amazing experience and are planning our return next year.

DISTANCE: The hotel is about 30 minutes from the Cancun airport. We hired a private transfer called USA Transfers.It was 80 dollars private van round trip. They are punctual and the drivers were very nice.
HOTEL: The grounds are just beautiful. The staff works to keep it clean all the time. There is really cool wildlife everywhere but they are never bothersome. They keep to themselves. I know there are some reviews where people complain about the walk. Here is my thought, from one end of the hotel to the other is a 10 minute walk (strolling). Those that complain about a 10 minute walk are extremely lazy and probably need some exercise to begin with. The hotel is just beautiful and walking around was always a bonus. Lastly, the staff was great! Super nice people that went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect. The nightly shows were very entertaining and a great way to end the evening.
BEACH: Spectacular! The staff kept the beach clean all day and night. There were more than enough chairs for everyone and there were always empty ones around. The only thing you may need to come early for is a chair under the umbrellas. Those can sometimes go quickly. We walked for quite a few miles in both directions of the coast and the Iberostar beach was the nicest and most clean. The water was warm and there was little to no seaweed. The bar at the beach was great. Never a line to get something to drink and there was staff that walked around bringing drinks to you. There was also a snack bar at the beach in case you have the munchies.
RESTAURANT: We ate at the Mexican restaurant which was OK ... nothing out of the ordinary. We also ate at the Japanese restaurant which was fun because it was a Hibachi. Good food, good chefs that put on a show. Lastly we had dinner at the Mediterranean Restaurant which was awesome. The food was amazing and next time I may reserve it twice! The buffets were very good for both breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There were 4 buffets at the hotel and all of them were good. Tasty food with lots of options.
ROOM: Very clean. The showers were fine. I don't know what other people complained about. The water pressure was good and everything was clean. The only thing is that it was a little too dark, more lighting would have been a plus. We stayed in building 37. Again, the walk was fine ... nothing was far. The only comment I would make about the rooms is that if you like to sleep in early, get a room near the pools. The nightly shows end a little late (close to midnight) and you can hear the music from the rooms.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in early, get a room near the pools. The nightly shows end a little late (close...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear guests,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation.

Thank you so very much for the invaluable feedback you have shared with us and fellow travelers with respect to your recent stay here. Your feedback is very helpful to us to evaluate our service.

Please know that the management and staff at Iberostar Resorts are committed to providing an ambience which satisfies the needs of our diverse clientele and it is so gratifying to know that you were happy with it.

We hope you give us the chance to stay again at Iberostar; our Staff would be waiting for your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Polish first
Harrison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying here. Very cozy and friendly place. Food was decent during the day but the restaurants at night had great food. I would defenetly go back again....................................

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing us as option for your vacation in Mexico.

We appreciate your sharing your opinion with other travelers. This is the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily.

We look forward to seeing you again in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.

Warm regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

ILoved the resort. Being an All inclusive it also had great choices in cuisine for sit down dinners. They had Lots of planned activities on the beach with food and beverage served right there if you didn't want to leave the beach! Entertainment in the evening. Private clean beach. Great hospitality. Loved it! They also had excellent room service

Dear Clients,

On behalf of the Management and the Staff of Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay.

We feel honored to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay at our Hotel; we have forwarded your comments to the Staff and the people in charge of every department to keep them motivated.

It is great you highlighted the areas like the beach and the entertainment, the Staff is committed to deliver the best quality and service of excellence. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place was a joy to stay at! The two things that really make this place so wonderful is the people, and the beautiful grounds. I initially wanted a room overlooking the pool area, but the resort was very full and so our choices were limited and we settled with a view of..... Trees. Initially I wasn't thrilled but as soon as we settled in I was soooo happy! The room was really nice and clean, and it felt as if we were plopped in the Mexican jungle. We saw nothing but birds, coatis and trees around us and I fell in love. It felt isolated, without being isolated and it's just what I needed. My only complaint about the room is the height of the shower head, I had to hunch down in order to take a shower. Otherwise, our mini fridge was kept stocked with pop, water and really good beer selection, the house keeping staff kept our room really clean and even folded our clothes. We made sure to tip them every day and we always had top notch service. The grounds have so many pools, ponds, animals, and lush plant life. They have a staff member dedicated to the health and well being of the animals on the grounds which was great to see. I just cannot say enough about how beautiful the resort grounds are, and how friendly and accommodating the staff are. I loved loved loved all the birds and animals we saw just walking around the resort, and boy is there a lot of walking around to do at this place! They do have a regular 'bus' service that makes regular rounds if people get tired or don't want to walk, you can almost always also flag down a staff member with a golf cart for a drive anywhere you want to go on resort when you get tired. The food was so-so. We ate mostly at the buffets and I think the quality could be better here, but it's a minor thing to me, when there was so many other wonderful things about this resort. I highly recommend a stay here. I came with my boyfriend and it was lovely for a couples stay, but I would absolutely bring my 10 year old son next time, and I really do hope to return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.

It is great for us that you highlight all our services and facilities; it is amazing to know that the Staff and our environment made your stay great and unforgettable. To learn that you lived an amazing experience, cheers us up and drives us to keep improving ourselves. We have forwarded your comments to employees from different departments so they can know how your recent stay went.
We have also forwarded your feedback about the buffet food to the Chef and the management to take in consideration for our improvements.

We feel confident to offer you our warm hospitality at any Iberostar and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in Riviera Maya.

Waterford, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Worse place I have ever been to!! The hotel was dirty, the rooms all leaked. My sister's bed had water on it from the ceiling. The closet was flooded. I waited over 5 hours for our room to be ready. The hotel staff was understaffed and it just was not a good trip. The restaurants were very bad and understaffed also. The beach was very crowded and the taxi driver was insane. Worse trip I ever took and I will NEVER go back

Room Tip: Dont't book here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We appreciate you took the time to share your comments and feedback with us from your recent experience. We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations at the Hotel.

We regret to know that you had some issues at the room as leaking from the ceiling and a flood at the closet; we have forwarded your comments to the maintenance department to inform them about these situations and to improve our response time. Our staff works hard to maintain the resort in perfect conditions, so we are truly sorry about all the issues you had to endure, which are in no way experiences we want our guests to take home.

The management is already aware of your comments regarding the Staff and the service provided by them during your stay, they will take the necessary measures to correct this impression and offer our guests quality and excellence always.

It would be a pleasure for us if you give us the chance to welcome you back in the near future and demonstrate the amazing service we are capable of offering to our clients.

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in many 4.5 star hotels before but Iberostar Paraiso del Mar is by far the best. We spent 2 great weeks there in August (10-24).

Very nice and green territory, well planned (pedestrians don't have to share the same paths with service carts), but be prepared to walk!
Professional and courteous quality service (reception desk, barmen, waiters and all personnel), animation team was really amazing - after several days they seem to know almost every guest by name!

Food was good, nice selection and variety; it was good to have a choice of 7 à la carte restaurants for booking.

Rooms were simple and clean, air conditioning working without problems, not too noisy (although it would be nice to have some kind of instructions on how to switch between different AC modes). It was nice to have a free safe deposit box in the room (not for an extra fee as in some other hotels). A few times we have noticed some kind of a foul smell in a room 1227 bathroom (possible drain or ventilation problem?) but we didn't report it.

We have seen better beaches in Cuba and Dominican republic, but Del Mar beach was quite good : white sand, plenty of sunbeds and shaded areas under palapas. Entering the ocean you might scratch your feet (there are some rocks and corals here and there) but after a few days you learn where and how to enter.

Bravo, Iberostar, we look forward to come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Distinguished guests,

We appreciate the time you took to share with us and Trip Advisor your opinion regarding your recent stay at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.

The Staff would be more than glad to know their efforts and hard work delivered an amazing time and a great experience. It is truly important for them to know our guests recognize their efforts to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

We have shared your feedback with the Maintenance department to verify the room and the problem you have commented on; they will take immediate actions to ensure we do not have any issues in the room.

We are happy to know you are intend to return to our Hotel, we have forwarded your feedback to our Staff and the people in charge of every department than contributed to making your vacation special.

We hope you give us the chance to stay again at Iberostar; our Staff would be looking forward to your next visit to Riviera Maya.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I like this hotel its beautiful landscaping was done very well.
The service was great the buffet has a lot Selection. The beach is beautiful except for one point near an old dock there were Sea urchins, so Watch out for those. If I can complain about
one thing it was the mosquitoes in our room, when the cleaning lady came in to clean the room she'd leave the door open and 20 or 30 mosquitoes would come in. Other than that it was all good.

Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacations.

We appreciate you shared your comments and feedback from your recent experience at our Iberostar, for us is important since it provides a great insight of our services and facilities.

Your remark about your stay being nothing but great and that you enjoyed our grounds, beach, service at the buffets and also the food selection, is fantastic. We apologize for the incident with the mosquitoes at the room; we have already forwarded your feedback regarding the room to the Housekeeping Staff. When cleaning the rooms, airing them is important, among other reasons, to ensure the floors dry and no accidents happen, but in any case this will be presented to them so that they can think of a solution. Thank you for bringing this up.

We hope to welcome you back in our Hotel in your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Paraiso del Mar? Share your experiences!