Firstly we are English booked with Thompson and paid £600 for room upgrade don't bother we were told waterfall shower feature lots of extras hotel staff said upgrade was to guarantee better location but that's subjective to every individuals needs it means a room nearer beach! We had a balcony that was unusable due to overgrown trees which if that's what we wanted we would have gone on safari our swimwear wouldn't even dry!
I read the reviews and even though I saw some negative comments I trusted the majority I can only say I am devastated. We were told they like tips so from moment of arrival I tipped it made no difference. The carts are almost impossible to get even if you ring to book they don't turn up!
They also don't like to drive around the resort if you're staying in the del mar and want to go to the mall you have to make two journeys firstly to your lobby then on to mall.
I don't mean to upset anyone so please don't take offence but they loved the American and Canadian guests, who often were not tipping. They got served first and interacted with 100% more. I would swim up to the pool bar and could stand for twenty minutes waiting (except when Luis was working) other guests especially those who spoke Spanish would swim up and be served on one occasion I made several comments and was fuming.
Went to Japenese restaurant with our 12 year old son who actually sat and cried as all the show cooking and tricks were done to a large Canadian family and we saw none then they got most of the food and our son didn't get what he had ordered, it was heartbreaking to see him so upset.
The rep was lovely but did say very few English guests booked that hotel I saw why from our second day I can honestly say I wanted to go home and had had enough! Even when we were waiting for our transfer home and new guests arrived it confirmed to me that we were being treated differently they all had welcome drinks in large cocktails with fruit on sticks attached. We got a small glass with two coloured juice. Again my son noticed so I had one made for him.
We are a very friendly family and our son always makes friends but this felt and was like a them and us holiday. We have been to many countries and even when there have been language barriers we have felt more welcomed. It was embarrassing and we felt very uncomfortable.
We got home yesterday and I am still shocked at our experience I am sure many will read this and like I did with negative feedback ignore but all I will say is if you are English don't waste your time and money you are not wanted!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico