Our first trip to Mexico...My family and I (ages 15, 13, 11) stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar from July 29th to August 5th. We stayed in buildings 18 and 19. At first, we thought that it was a long walk to the beach but it is not as bad as it looks on the map. It was actually a good location as explained by Daniel at the reception because it is close to the restaurants and lobby. In any case, there is a small shuttle that brings you back and forth all day.
Our room was spacious and was cleaned nicely everyday. The cleaning staff made a towel animal everyday that we always looked forward to see at the end of the day. We asked for an extra pillow and they brought it to us right away. The kids also ordered room service a few times and it was delivered within 30 minutes.
The grounds are beautiful and nicely kept. The pool was spectacular. The biggest I have ever seen. There is a quiet area and then the more lively action packed pool where the activities were held. The beach was beautiful and the sand was soft and white. There were plenty of palapas available at both the beach and the pool.
The entertainment staff worked all day…from 8 in the a.m. to late at night. Cesar, Edu, Christian, Benito and the rest of the crew do a great job in entertaining the guests and getting them involved. There were activities all day for all ages. My kids kept busy will beach volleyball, darts, ping pong, pool and beach games and the list goes on. The night shows were also entertaining which we enjoyed watching.
We attended 3 of the specialty restaurants. The Japanese is worth going to. The food at the Mediterranean Restaurant was served cold. The Mexican restaurant was ok but the guacomole was excellent. The food at the buffet restaurant was good. However, we found that there was a better selection in the buffet at comparable resorts we've visited in Punta Cana. No stomach issues which was my biggest concern. We ate at the pool restaurant (buffet) for lunch and then they also had a burger/hotdog/nacho/salad stand right on the beach for convenience. Overall, the food at this hotel was fine and most reasonable travellers would find it plentiful and of good quality.
For management to review: Free Wifi should be standard for guests in the lobby to accommodate travellers researching potential excursions and to do web check-in for their return flight.
My family had a wonderful time at this hotel and we all agreed we would definitely return again.
From Toronto, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico