This was our second stay at an Iberostar resort and again Iberostar knows their business. The property is beautiful and well kept, we NEVER saw a piece of trash anywhere. We had lots of fun and would go back with a few changes. We were two couples, one in our late 40's and our parents in their late 60's. First, the resort is big, we had a room near the restaurants which was good but we had a good walk to the pools and beach. They do offer the tram and golf carts but we found ourselves spending more time waiting for those then the time it took to walk to the water. I guess after eating at the buffet the walk was good plus it's beautiful. The reason I would request a room further away from the lobby and restaurants is because of the theater. The show starts at 9:45 in the evening so if you're wanting to sleep any earlier then 11:00 it might not happen. You can hear the whole show even with the door closed. If you like to stay up later, no problem. The beds were great, my husband has back issues and really liked the comfort, so once you fell asleep, you rested well. The rooms were clean and nice.
My second issue was the food. I had read the good and the bad and this is MY opinion. The optional restaurants are good, not great but pretty good. The steak and lobster were good, the japanese restaurant was fun and the steak house was also good.The buffets were lacking in flavor, I know they are catering to many but it's pretty bland. you have to doctor it up some to make it better. Also it seemed that most of the time it was the same things. I have to say though, the grilled chicken and grilled steak were pretty tasty. So take what you want from my opinion. You just have to not be very picky in what you eat and learn to use the condiments. OK now the bars, great bar tenders and wait staff, the wait staff was around often if you didn't want to go yourself. Tasty drinks but the only bear at the bars was Dos XX's so if you don't like this beer you're out of luck, they did have other bottled beer in your room. I have to suggest the "dirty monkey's" if you like chocolate milkshakes and the "michalada's" if you like beer.
The pools were clean and the temperature was pretty good even after a day of rain.
Location, location, close to Playa but a fairly long trip to Tulum and Xel Ha, we're taliking over an hour.
All in all I would say it was worth the money and we would return.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Paraiso Del Mar
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.