My husband and I spent a week at the Mayan Palace and we had a great time. The resort is beautiful and the staff does a great job of keeping it clean. The entire staff is extremely friendly and helpful, they really made us feel welcome. We didn't have a single issue from check- in to check- out.
-The pool is HUGE and very clean- the best pool I've seen at any resort.
- I can't say enough about the staff- they are so friendly, fun and helpful. The activities staff kept us laughing and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.
- The golf course was nice and not too crowded.
- The buildings are all maintained very well.
- I wish there were more restaurants, maybe more variety?
- The food and drinks are expensive. You do get a lot of food, but without a fridge in the room, it doesn't do any good to save left-overs. We ended up throwing away a lot of food.
- Both Playa del Carmen and Cancun are a ways away, so you have to take a little ride to get to anything outside the resort. ($$ and time)
- I must agree, the beds are hard, but nothing unbearable.
** we read a lot of complaints about the pushy time-share people. We only had one guy approach us after check in, and we told him that we'd call him if we were interested ( which we didn't) and we were never bothered again.
If you are looking to get away for a relaxing vacation, The Mayan Palace Resorts are great.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Riviera
- Mayan Palace Cancun
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya
- Cancun Grand Mayan
- Grand Maya Mayan Riviera
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Mayan Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Mayan Palace Riviera Maya Mexico
- Mayan Palace Riviera Maya Playa Paraiso, Mexico