My husband and I spent a week at the Mayan Palace and we had a great time. The resort is beautiful and the staff does a great job of keeping it clean. The entire staff is extremely friendly and helpful, they really made us feel welcome. We didn't have a single issue from check- in to check- out.
-The pool is HUGE and very clean- the best pool I've seen at any resort.
- I can't say enough about the staff- they are so friendly, fun and helpful. The activities staff kept us laughing and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.
- The golf course was nice and not too crowded.
- The buildings are all maintained very well.
- I wish there were more restaurants, maybe more variety?
- The food and drinks are expensive. You do get a lot of food, but without a fridge in the room, it doesn't do any good to save left-overs. We ended up throwing away a lot of food.
- Both Playa del Carmen and Cancun are a ways away, so you have to take a little ride to get to anything outside the resort. ($$ and time)
- I must agree, the beds are hard, but nothing unbearable.
** we read a lot of complaints about the pushy time-share people. We only had one guy approach us after check in, and we told him that we'd call him if we were interested ( which we didn't) and we were never bothered again.
If you are looking to get away for a relaxing vacation, The Mayan Palace Resorts are great.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook so you can book your Mayan Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Riviera
- Mayan Palace Cancun
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya
- Cancun Grand Mayan
- Grand Maya Mayan Riviera
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Mayan Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Mayan Palace Riviera Maya Mexico
- Mayan Palace Riviera Maya Playa Paraiso, Mexico