“great time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

You added Iberostar Paraiso Lindo to your Saves list
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carrt Chetumal - Pto Juarez km. 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Certificate of Excellence 2014
england
“great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

hi everyone
just thought id give a little review not to long as most things have already been covered by other people.
we traveled from Newcastle England on the 28 June for a 15 day holiday
the flight was a 12 hour one as we stopped at Manchester which added 2 and a half hours to our flight to pick up flight crew
landed at Cancun and the first thing that hit me as we left the airport was the heat
having never really been to a sub tropical country it came as a bit of a shock lol sounds a bit daft of cause its going to be hot its Mexico that's why we booked there lol
anyway the coach was air conditioned and they had a cold beer you could buy 3 or 4 dollars i think but sooo worth it
it took about 40 minutes and we were the second stop
the people on the bus were asking whats the name of the complex as it was so beautiful and that was just the out side i did hear one couple say they hope there hotel was as nice
check in was quick and the bellboys took our luggage
the walk to our room was just jaw dropping even my 2 sons aged 6 and 11 were gobsmacked at the beautiful grounds buildings pools everything was just the way we had hoped
after 10 minutes we where in our room and the bell boys brought the luggage and we getting into shorts and t shirts
the room was simple but nice i had emailed the lindo a week before asking for building 53 pool view and that's where they put us so i was happy
the first day we where just so tired but had a good look around and got lost a few times had dinner at the lindo buffet restaurant
very nice and a great selection of every thing
we did not see the show that night as we where all just soooo tired
we found the lindo buffet restaurant to be the best for breakfast and we changed where we had lunch depending on where we were
like the beach, or the pools we also went to all the ala carts and enjoyed them all
my sons went to lucys club the girls there are fantastic they are great with all the kids and my youngest son did not want to come away when we wanted to spend some family time together
and he is so clingy normally not leaving us for 5 minutes never mind the 5 hours he spent at lucys club some days
the beach was one of the places we spent alot of time it has it all there powder white sand blue sea that is soooo warm fish every where little rock pools further along the beach past the grand
just great
a couple of bars and small beach restaurants just fantastic
i enjoyed getting up early and going for a swim at sun rise it was just a beautiful place
the entertainment
well we enjoyed all the shows we went to and the star friends are great some of the shows are a bit cheesy but hey i liked them lol
one thing id change is the pirate show the kids were up for this one talking about what it was going to be like for a good few days before
but it was just a audience participation show with 5 people from the audience dressed a pirates playing games on stage
bit of a let down for the kids that one but that was just the one thing that we would change
during our time there it only rained a couple of times heavy showers about ten minutes long no big problem in-fact we stayed out in it and it cooled things down a touch
but we did notice after the rain it brought out the mosquitoes that night Even the bar staff mentioned that they were getting bitten so remember to take some repellent for the night time we really never got bitten until it rained
as for service
the truth about the service is there all great from the front desk to the cleaners they really go out of their way to do anything to make you holiday special
there so willing to please the guests all of them i never met one member of staff that did not try to help
even one of the gardeners who could not speak English tried to give us directions in the end he just took me to the place i wanted to go i spent the next 13 days looking for him to give him a tip but never saw him again
as for tipping good service we found that everyone was tipped by us they really do appreciate it and the wages there on is so very low so it helps them alot even a couple of dollars

if you have booked to go to this great place you have booked a great holiday if your thinking about going id book today because you just wont find another place like the lindo ,maya ,del mar ,beach there all great

we are already saving to go back in two years time that's how long it will take me to get the money to go back but we are going back and we cant wait
here is a link to some photos for our holiday hope you like and please comment
thanks alan and family

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — sun burn lol
  • Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Lindo this past spring break and we all agree, it was the best family vacation we have even been on. We normally do not do all-inclusive resorts, but we were pleasantly surprised with the Lindo. My parents loved it, my brother(19) loved it, and I(17) love it. And the thing is, its great for all age groups. The Lindo is defiantly worth looking into.

Food-Many people are complaining in their reviews, but you need to be pretty picky to not be able to find something. The buffet is probably your safest bet with a lot of good food. Some of the restaurants were not what you would expect, but for the most part they were good. You don't get access to all of them, but I bet you aren't missing out on much.

Pools and Ocean-The pools are all very nice. The only problem is that they close too early. No late night dips here. The beach and ocean was great. You need to get there early to reserve a chair, and there are some places in the water you can't swim due to rocks but these things were not huge problems. I loved playing soccer on the beach followed by a quick bite before heading off to the pools in the afternoon.

Rooms and Service- There service all over the complex was 2nd to none. Really, the employees work so hard. I would give tips whenever someone went out of their way to help us out. We upgraded our room which got us a balcony and a sitting area. Everything was always clean. The room service didn't cost extra and was quite good. If you leave the maids a couple dollars and a note(in spanish would be best), they will leave you whatever you wanted for your whole stay. Ask for extra bottled water. You will need it.

I think the thing that made my vacation great was meeting up with people my age from all over. There are certain places you should check out if you are 17-19 and intend to meet people. Personally, I meet a group of people at the waterfall bar in the pool late afternoon. They told me to meet them around the Lindo bar at 10, where i meet even more people my age. The bar at the "broadway show" accumulates a lot of young people around 9ish. Kids ages from 13-16 normally hung around the pool and beach, though I don't know where that whole age group tends to gather at night.
Normally I would see everyone I met at one of the buffets in the morning. After that, we all went to the beach for soccer, a swim, and some food. Normally by 3-4 we would end up at the waterfall bar in the main pool. Around 7-8, everyone split off to eat dinner with the parents and would meet up again at 10 around the lobby bar or the "show" bar, which are about 100 feet away from each other. From there, everyone did their own thing. Another thing to remember is that the main bar at the Del Mar hotel was packed with young people at night. The bar was always swamped, so grab some Dos Equis from the mini bar if you don't want to to wait 10 minutes for a drink.

All in all, it was a great time. My family really want to return next year.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Wyomissing, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

My husband & I visited Iberostar Lindo along with our 17 year-old son from 7/6-7/15/09. We were here 5 years ago and loved it then and it is almost exactly as I remembered it to be in addition to the Plaza shops, Galaxy Disco, Underground Disco, Spa, Fitness Center. We love this resort!
Food - The food is very good. You can go to the buffets or reserve the ala carte restaurants at the Concierge in your building. There are 2 Japanese restaurants. The one in the Lindo is better than the Maya. There is a Gourmet restaurant, Seafood, Cajun, Steakhouse, 2 Mexican restaurants, French, and possibly more.

Pool - The pool activities are fun to watch or participate in. They have golf and basketball games in the pool, running across the mat without falling, water aerobics, etc. They still sing the theme song "Hey Baby" which I never get tired of. It is such a happy song! Star Friends are great and some of them even sit down with you at breakfast or lunch so you get to know them a little bit. I enjoy the Lazy River pool almost every day. The waves at the wave pool were toned down at bit from 5 years ago and is more for little kids now. We also tried the swimming pool at the Beach/Del Mar which was big but seemed quiet.

Beach - Beach is beautiful. You have to walk on a boardwalk path several hundred yards to get to beach. There are coatis (racoon-type animals) on the path to the beach. There is also a boardwalk path on the beach to walk down to the Beach/Delmar resort.

We took the shuttle to Playa del Carmen ($4 per person each way) one day when it was overcast and we took a taxi back to the resort ($20). They have drug store type shops as well as high end shops. It was very nice and a ton of shops! My son went to Coco Bongo one night with other kids and their parents and had a blast.
At first, we were unable to get my son the adult bracelet when we checked in because they checked his passport (only 2 months away from 18th b-day). However, the same family we met from Pittsburgh 5 years ago was there (coincidence!) and the dad was able to get the bracelet off from people who were checking out of the resort (you don't have to turn them in when you leave) for my son as well as his own 2 kids. No wonder my son had a great time! They could drink alcohol as well as get into the Galaxy. They said the Underground disco is for teenagers but also had 8 year-olds in there!!
My only complaint is that the nightly entertainment at the Lindo had no ceiling fans in there and it was very hot! I believe 5 years ago, they had ceiling fans (maybe it was redone after a storm?). Entertainment was good but not enjoyable because it was too hot. We cooled off in the Aquarium bar which was nicely air conditioned.
Rooms are very nice and we were upgraded to a junior suite.
We tried many other all inclusive resorts including Beaches Turks & Caicos, Beaches Negril (Jamaica), Iberostar Bavaro (Punta Cana), Grand Palladium White Sand, Paradisus (Punta Cana), and Moon Palace. My favorite is Iberostar Lindo! Turks & Caicos was good when my son was little, probably not now. White Sand, Paradisus, & Moon Palace were too quiet for us with no pool activities except for water aerobics and volleyball. We like all the fun games in the pool at the Lindo and their traditional theme song of Hey Baby. In our opinion, the Lindo has the best of everything! I wouldn't pay more to stay at the Maya. The Lindo seems to be the most popular (Del Mar, Beach, Lindo, Maya, Grande).

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We are 44 and have stayed in the Caribbean 12 times: Aruba, Bahamas, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Dominican Republic, and Jamaica as well as Hawaii and a couple of cruises.

We stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo June 27, 2009 – July 2, 2009 with my immediate family which included 8 adults and 2 kids under 10. Cost was $2200/couple including flight. More for my sister/husband and 2 kids.

AIRPORT- We flew US Air Boston , MA to Cancun via Charlotte, NC We had no issues going down but missed our connecting coming home as we sat on tarmac in Cancun 45 min after pushing back from gate. We were forced to get a hotel for the night in Charlotte and then left first thing the next morning to Boston via Philadelphia. Not one of US Airs finer moments in the way the situation was handled as they took no responsibility because the flight leaving Cancun pushed back from gate on time.

TRANSFERS – Located 30 minutes south of Cancun airport we arranged private transportation with Lomas Travel (lomas-travel.com) as we were a party of 10. Airport was the least crowded we have ever seen in our 5 trips to cancun. Transportation was handled expertly in a mini-bus that seated 13 with luggage. Was even able to order drinks for the ride when I booked the transportation on line. Cost was $240 round trip.

HOTEL - We had 3 rooms in the Lindo and the family of 4 had a room in the Maya as they are slightly bigger. 3 rooms in Lindo were in building 53 and the room in the Maya was across the pool in building 61. Building 53 is just opposite the swim up pool bar and is the second closest to the beach. They only had 2 of the 3 rooms ready when we arrived at 1:30pm. No free upgrade was given even though we asked. We were given our bracelets right away and two of the rooms. Hotel had just opened up Del Mar and Beach sides but they were very empty and the Lindo and Maya appeared less than 60% full. Grounds are beautiful but as mentioned before the walkways that run from the beach to the lobby between the 2 properties and around the pool are very slippery when wet. Very poor choice of materials they used in an area that is almost always going to have some form of moisture on it.

ROOMS – Good size rooms with King beds and a sitting area with a sofa bed. At check in we were told they were junior suites, best they could do for us as far as any upgrade goes. I didn’t notice any other rooms smaller so don’t know if they were just feeding us a line of BS. Mattress was hard but I prefer it so no issues, wife prefers soft so she had some issues by the end of the trip. TV only about 6 US speaking channels which doesn’t include ESPN which is in Spanish. Good size bathroom with large vanity area, however shower/tub is bizarre as the glass wall that stops the water from going all over the bathroom floor is only half the length of the tub. Other half is just open. Water pressure OK had no hot water issues. Also, had a safe that could fit some laptops but not all(no charge). Had an apartment size refrigerator stocked with water, soda, beer. A note with a tip on what we would like the refrigerator stocked with and we had what we were looking for all week. Tipped the maid a few dollars every day. Room was very clean. Turn down service inconsistent. Towel art every day. There was a balcony that looked out onto pool( we were on first floor) which had a table and a couple of chairs. A/C was adequate although it never got that real walk in cooler feel like you get in most 3-5 star hotels in the US.

POOLS - The Lindo and Maya share one huge pool, a big wave pool, an activity pool with water volleyball and basketball, and a lazy river. There are also a couple of adults only pools mixed in on the Maya side. Lazy river is just too lazy, very little current. Wave pool is really cool and there is a pool bar right there for the adults. Goes off every hour during the day. Zero entry and goes to about 4 ½ feet deep No floats available so you must bring your own. Kids, 9 and 5 loved it. Main pool is very big and swim up bar is also very large with seating for about 30. Pool is same depth throughout about 4 feet. Say hi to Arte at the swim up bar. Great bartender who works really hard and always has a smile on his face. Be sure to let him know you appreciate his service $$.

BEACH – Beach was very big and there were tons of Palapas with 2 chairs underneath. Chairs were a little run down and not as comfortable as other hotels we have been to. Plenty of chairs available even as late as 10am. Most likely due to low occupancy. Beach bar had all the different drinks you could want. Waves were high a couple of the days. There are some rocky areas that can be dangerous if waves are high. The safest entry is directly in front of lifeguard stand that is directly in front of you as you walk down the boardwalk from the hotel. No rocks there. Beach and water very smooth sand no pebbles or shells. Water crystal clear and warm. It was 85-90 every day with some rain all but one day. Not all day events think showers like in Orlando FL in the summer. Beach area had bocci, volleyball, soccer, horse shoes and an arts/crafts area. All the supplies to play these are at the towel hut opposite the swim up bar on the Lindo side where the ping pong table are. Also they had kayaks and sunfish for use for free. Jet skis and scuba were available for a fee. Not much fish life to see off shore as no coral for them to feed on.

BARS – all bars had the basics. The bar opposite the lobby where you check in had the finest of liquors. But most had Bicared, Stoyhli, Absolute, JD, Jim bean, Bombay sapphire and of course tequilas of varying degrees of quality from low end Jose Cuervo to Don Julio. Wines were OK but nothing to get excited about. Never made it to the disco in the shopping plaza. They had a card table room that wasn’t air conditioned and a couple of pool tables that were outside the lobby bar next to the cigar bar (which did not actually have a bar in it) which was on the back side of the lobby bar. The Maya had a huge bar area called the Kulkulkan (snake) bar which also had all the high end liquors. Only beer at bars was dos equis. However there were some different Mexican beers in the refrigerators of some of the rooms like Sol and Tecate.

FOOD – Buffet closest to the beach was ok for breakfast and lunch unfortunately it is not air conditioned at this time. Only when they turn it into the steak house do they close windows and throw on some A/C so it could be really hot at lunch. The breakfast buffet at the front of the hotel near the lobby is better and has A/C. Try the fresh made chocolate frosted donuts. We also ate there for supper and the food was good if not spectacular. Service was always prompt and friendly. Too many choices to mention and they will get you whatever alcoholic drink you want. Shorts and sleeved shirt required for dinner. Breakfast and lunch you could wear a dry bathing suit and tank top of t-shirt. Ate at El Museo, which is just past the air conditioned buffet as you walk towards the hotel lobby, and while the food was OK the service was not in line with a ‘fine dinning’ dinner where you had to dress up in pants and shoes. Portions very small so be sure to order all courses if you are hungry. We ate in 2 Maya hotel restaurants El Tapatio which was a steak/chicken house and Geisha which is Japanese cuisine where they cook the food ‘teppanyaki’ style. Food was all very tasty at El Tapatio although they had problems cooking everyone’s steak the way it was ordered. Variety of items on menu to choose from. Comes with salad/snack bar. Ambience nice but way too dark inside the night we there. . Kids liked the show at Geisha and food was good, shrimp, steak, chicken, rice lo mein. Do not go to the hotel expecting 4-5 star NYC style restaurants, you will be disappointed. However if you can’t find something you like at any of the restaurants then you are just too picky an eater to be staying at anything but a 5 plus star hotel.

GOLF/SPA – my mother and aunt used the spa services and were very impressed. It seemed very nice as I checked it out. Gym was very small and equipment a little dated but not to bad. No good shower/steam/Jacuzzi service available. All that was at SPA where you had to pay for it.

The 4 men played golf. The cost was $100 which was unlimited play for the day but it is just too hot to play more than 18. The pro shop and driving range is actually directly opposite the Mayan lobby walking toward the highway you arrived on. The course is actually on the other side of the highway and you take the golf carts under the highway in a tunnel to get to it. Rented clubs ($40) and shoes $20. Mizuno’s/Nike and Titleist available. Weren’t brand new but models less than 2 years old. Range balls/cart included in price and of course food/drinks all part of all inclusive. Course very nice layout (Pete Dye design) and well kept except for green which were as thick as carpet as if they hadn’t been cut in days. Not sure if that is due to heat of summer or what. Very enjoyable and some picturesque holes.

My nephews used kids club a couple of days and they do a good job entertaining the kids. It is a great hotel for family as there is something for everyone and the beach/ocean and pool are top notch for the price. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I have stayed at this resort 12 times...scary I know!!!! I tend to develop friendships with people where I travel so although there are many beautiful resorts in the Riviera Maya I have returned here time and time again so I can visit with the people I know that work at the resort. It is kind of like a "cottage south" now for me....some people will ask me in a tone insinuating that it sounds boring to keep going to the same place..."You're going THERE again???" To that I would reply to these people that go to their same cottages up north every weekend..."You're going THERE again ???" That being said I have taken many different friends and a few family members with me. This time I travelled with my significant other. We are 51 and 52 years of age. Between the two of us on a tropical holiday we enjoy vegging at the beach/pool, snorkeling, walking the many beautiful pathways around the property, long walks on the beach, enjoying the Lindo animals (tajuns, cats, kittens) as well as the beautiful gardens and architecture.

If miraculously an amazing reef appeared in front of the resort and the water was calmer this would be a PERFECT resort for me. This is the only thing missing here for me as you have to travel off property for snorkeling opportunities. On this trip we took a cab up to Puerto Morelos which is just a 10 minute drive north of the resort. I had always wanted to try snorkeling in Puerto Morelos but had never gotten around to it. There are always boats there waiting to take you out for $25 US for 2 hours. We were lucky when we arrived as the boat from Pelicano's restaurant was just going out and there was only one other couple which made the excursion an even better value as with less people to wait for we had a solid 1.5 hours of snorkeling minus the travel times to 2 different locations. The second spot we went to had very beautiful coral, the best I have seen in all my snorkeling experiences in this Riviera Maya area.

Being his first time at this resort my boyfriend was really impressed with the evening shows (I already know they are great )... Boogie Nights, The Rock Show and Big Band are 3 of the new "extravaganza" type shows currently being performed which include a live band, professional singers and the Star Friend Dancers...don't miss these shows if there are on when you are there. Check the boards that are in the Del Mar Lobby, Beach Lobby and outside of the Lindo Theatre for what shows are playing where. Some shows are only performed at the Grand so unless you are staying there you will not be able to see them. The Movie show, Hollywood show, Las Vegas and the Ibergrammy shows are all entertaining as well...well. The iberostar spares no expense on the costumes for the entertainment. The main feature of the nightly shows start shortly after 9:30 pm and at 10:00 pm at the Grand.

If you are a cat lover please sneak chicken off the buffet and feed the kitties. They have short lives here so at least we can help their little tummies while at the resort. People feed the Tajuns on the walkway to the Beach (you'll see them) but they are wild animals they should hunt for their own food. Limited spaying and neutering done in Mexico...it isn't the domestic kitties fault they ended up with no home.

As for the title of my review.....YES....Men you WILL have to wear long pants to the a la carte restaurants...even if it is five million degrees hot...there is no variation on this rule. It is cruel and a bummer for men as women can make all sorts of fashion statements when dressing for the evening a la carte meal. However "it is what it is". They are trying to maintain a standard of class. So make sure your guy brings some lightweight long pants or you will be eating in the buffet every night.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Just got back last Saturday and can't say enough about the cleanliness and hospitality of this resort. My wife and three daughters ages 11-13 and 16 loved the beautiful beach, waves and pools!!!!! Food was a bit different than we are used to but I would say 90% was very good. Ate at the steakhouse, hibachi 2x, italian and seafood 2x. Did buffet or beach bbq almost every day for lunch and there was always something that was available for everyone. Breakfast buffets were very good as there was quite a variety to choose from. If something was not to your liking, they always wanted it to be brought to their attention.

One of the best parts of the trip was that there was always an activity to take part in, whether it was pool aerobics, darts, airgun competition, bingo, pool basketball, merange lessons, pool scuba to mention a few, or just hangin' out at the pool or beach bar enjoying any drink you can think of, its your own fault if your not having a great time!!!!

Kudos to the Star Friends who were always there organizing the activities or putting on a great show at the theater at night...these kids are truly amazing and energetic!!! We'll miss you Ana!!!!

making reservations to the restaurants was simple and booking side trips was also a breeze. Beautiful grounds and facilities and good value for a family!!!!!

Nehterlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

hi there,

I agree with every single positive review about the Iberostar Lindo. It is honestly top-notch and the workers at the resort sincerely make your vacation so special. Therefore, this review is in honor of them.

All of the Star Friends and staff were amazing, but some Star Friends were beyond extraordinary on my trip, and we got to become close with them. If they happen to be working when you visit, take the time to get to know them. They will honestly be friends you will never forget, and they will have you saying, "Aplauso, Aplauso," or "No problem, all inclusive" for life.

The resort is known for their beach games, and the Star Friends encourage everyone to sign up and play. One game involved throwing a coconut threw a whole, while another was a pool volleyball game or beach limbo. My advice is to PLAY THESE GAMES! I was skeptical at first, thinking no that's silly, but some of our fondest memories were from these simple games. Plus if you win, you get called onto stage that night at the show and win a tee shirt!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!