“An economical week at a beautiful property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

You added Iberostar Paraiso Lindo to your Saves list
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carrt Chetumal - Pto Juarez km. 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Lexington, Kentucky
“An economical week at a beautiful property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We rated the Iberostar Lindo very good because of the price we paid, which was very economical, the staff, which were mostly very friendly and helpful, the great beach and grounds, and the multitude of activities included in the all inclusive price. We were disappointed in the food and there were a couple of other negatives, but at the price we paid, we felt they weren’t enough to down grade our rating to good.

This was our first stay at an Iberostar all inclusive. We booked through Apple tours for a week at the Iberostar Del Mar. Our trip was $2258 including airfare from Cincinnati. (As a comparison a trip to a Sandals in the Caribbean could be $3500 for the lowest priced room with airfare.) Just a few days prior to our departure we got a call offering us an upgrade to the Lindo, which we took. There are 5 hotels on the same Iberostar property which is located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. The Del Mar is the lowest of the 5 and the Lindo is in the middle. (Although, on line, there appear to be cheaper rooms at the Lindo, in everything we read this hotel is considered higher grade than the Del Mar.) Each hotel runs side by side from its lobby to the beach. In other words no matter which hotel you pick you have a chance of getting a room in a building at the beach with a view of the ocean. (We didn’t.) The hotels vary in the level of service, type/grade of room, restaurants and bars that you can access and so on.

Check in – We had no trouble. It was a little rushed, but overall was fine. We have been to other resorts where the check in was friendlier and more informative. There was no confusion due to our upgrade. They had us on the Lindo list.

Rooms - We didn’t see other rooms so we can’t say how our room at the Lindo compared to the other hotels on the property. Our room, 5556, was bad. We were hit with a strong musty odor as soon as we entered. The sheets, seat cushions and all felt very damp. Secondly, it faced toward the theater where there are very loud shows every night that run from 8p to about 11:30p. We went to most of the shows but on some times one of us went back to the room early. Finally, the room had 2 double beds and we prefer a king size bed. We asked to be moved. We were told no room was available at the time, but that they would at least have housekeeping come and move the beds together. Housekeeping never came. The next morning we again requested a new room and this time we were told they would have a room for us after check out and cleaning, i.e. 3p. This all worked out and we moved to a nice room on the 3rd floor of building 54. It was on the side away from the pool, which is something to consider, as rooms by the pool would be noisy during the day. The room had a king size bed and a sofa and 2 chairs and a nice balcony. Our housekeeper, Florentina, did a great job keeping it clean. As a result of a review that Iberostar requested during our stay, I discussed how bad our first room was with our concierge,( each building has a concierge to make reservations for restaurants etc for guests), she stated that building 55 is only used during high season and that it may have just been put in service recently. So not having had AC on in the room and having been just recently opened up, may have accounted for the musty odor and dampness of the room. However, in my opinion, Iberostar should never have created a room that faces a noisy theater.
We also had an issue with the safe in room 5556. We called about this and security arrived within about 15 minutes. However, security couldn’t fix the problem and had to call maintenance. All in all it took about 40 minutes to get the safe fixed. Hopefully, it worked for the next occupants. The safe in our next room was a little quirky in that we had to punch a number several times to get it to connect, but it worked fine otherwise.
I agree with another reviewer, that the towels were not great quality in that they were thin and scratchy, not soft. It wasn’t horrible but I think they could have been higher quality. The mattress was hard, but not enough to ruin our sleep.
A warning about the hair dryer: At the Lindo the hair dryer is a unit attached to the wall with an accordion hose for the blower connected to the unit. It was very awkward to use and had no option for setting heat level or for force of the air. I would recommend taking your own hair dryer unless this isn’t much of an issue for you.

Food - Here is our conclusion after our week: The main courses that we had at most of the restaurants were bland and very average. We ate at La Hacienda, El Puerto, Jambalaya, Hashiru Japanese, El Fogon Mediterranean, El Fogon Steakhouse, at the beach, and the main buffet at the Lindo. We liked the Japanese the best and thought it was very good. The appetizers and desserts were buffet, no matter the restaurant. In my opinion, the appetizers/ salads were better than the main courses and if I returned I would make my meal from the “appetizer” buffet. The appetizer foods and preparation varied from restaurant to restaurant but usually included several salads and vegetable choices along with shrimp, calamari, mussels, soups, cheeses, deli meats etc. The breakfast buffet was always very good with a multitude of choices, great fruit, custom omelets or fried eggs, pastries, and on and on. The evening buffet was a mix, some food good some less than. A fun thing at the beach: Twice during our stay they made paella on the beach in a huge pan over hot coals. It was good.

Here’s an example – At El Puerto, which is a Del Mar/Beach restaurant, we were served corn on the cob and baked potato with the main course. The corn was totally cold and the baked potato was half a potato that looked and tasted like it had been cooked several days earlier and reheated to lukewarm. The appetizer buffet had some very good salads and ceviche. In contrast, at the El Fogon Steakhouse, the corn was hot and tasty, and the baked potato was a whole fresh potato. However, my chicken was everyday white meat with some barbeque sauce on top. Not bad, but nothing special.

The ice cream that was available in many of the restaurants and at the pool was delicious.

All our waiters and waitresses in the restaurants and bars were friendly and efficient.

Overall all I think that the food was average. However, there were others in our group who would rate it higher.

Activities – There was lots to do. The Star friends were mostly very friendly and worked hard to get people involved in activities. There’s yoga, aerobics, games by the pool and a separate pool for volleyball, basketball, and water polo. There is archery, darts, ping pong, the wave pool, bocce ball, and many more. Oh there are bike tours around the property which is pretty big and spread out. Or you can walk all around the property to the different hotels and check them out. You can’t get a drink or meal just anywhere however, as your bracelet IDs your hotel and thus if you wander into a bar at a higher grade hotel you won’t be served. Of course there is also the spa, the fitness center and tennis. At the beach there are Hobie cats and other water toys for use. While we were there the seas were pretty rough so the water activities were limited especially on red flag days. There is also golf. You can play a round or just for fun , you can get a $10 bucket of balls and some clubs and just use the driving range. There’s also the shopping center which has a merry go round.

Dressel Divers provides onsite access to scuba diving and snorkeling which are not included in the all inclusive package. The diving in this area in Mexico is highly rated. My husband was happy with the service and the dives. He and I snorkeled one day and although the sea was rough and it was cloudy, we saw lots of fish and pretty coral.
We didn’t do any tours off the property. We had been to Chichen Itza on another trip and would highly recommend it.
We don’t have children but our friend’ daughter enjoyed the Kids activities so much she didn’t want to hang out with us. In regard to the wave pool the staff at the kids’ check in asked about the child’s swimming ability and if there was any question asked that the parent provide a life jacket or be present at the wave pool at the time the kids were there.
We attended every evening show at the Lindo. We didn’t go to the other theaters. The early show involved the children and was fun to watch. All the shows were good or very good. Some involved guests of the hotel such as the couples spoof involving bursting balloons etc. (If you’ve been to many all inclusive or on cruises you’ve seen similar versions of the newlyweds/couples games.) and Miss Iberostar. They were good for some laughs, but I enjoyed the singing and dancing and the magic shows the most.
There are no hot tubs. We missed them especially as we had some cool weather while there and after snorkeling and scuba diving a hot tub is a nice way to warm up. There were tubs with jets but they weren’t hot.
Tipping – Here is the Email response I got from an employee at Iberostar – “Thank you for your interest in Iberostar Hotels & Resorts. The tip is included in the price but tipping is at your discretion, however our employees at the resorts can refuse to be tipped extra by a guest. If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.” Not a real clear answer. I think it is a failure of Iberostar management to have a such a wishy washy policy. When we stay at an all inclusive that states the tip is included, we do NOT tip unless it is a very, very special circumstance. We tried to tip once at a Sandals for extra special service and the employee wouldn’t take it. They are not supposed to take tips and Sandals management makes that clear.
There are so many background employees at these resorts. They are working day and night to clean up the beach and the grounds, the floors, and just a multitude of other jobs. How are they being tipped? The nice thing about an all inclusive where tips are included is that you don’t have to worry about it – It is done in what you pay up front.

Other - While we were there we were asked to complete an evaluation of the restaurants and the property. I made negative comments about the food. Later in the week our concierge asked me to provide more detail about why I down rated the food. I thought it was a good sign that they were following up with me on my comments. We also noted that there is always something being cleaned, painted etc. This is a huge property and it seems they are working hard to keep it beautiful and nice.
Lost items – First let me say I know I am responsible for keeping up with my stuff. However, as a warning to others here is my lesson: I lost 2 items at the resort. In the first case, I left my hat lying on the concrete by my chair at the volleyball pool. I returned about 15 minutes later and it was gone. I asked at the nearby bar and asked security and it hadn’t been turned in to any of them. The second time I left a pareo that I was using as a shawl, (evenings were cool) at the theater. It had slipped off my shoulders while we were seated and I forgot and left it in the chair. I didn’t realize this until the next morning and when I went back the chairs had all been straightened and it wasn’t there. The process is to report a lost item to your concierge. Items found by employees or guests are turned over to security who makes a list which the concierge reviews to see if your item is on the list. Neither of the items I lost turned up by the time we left. Thankfully, although these were items I use and like, they weren’t pricey or keepsakes. (I also left my camera at the table one day at breakfast and it was quickly returned by our waiter, I think it was Juan, as we got to the door. ) I don’t usually leave things like this but I was definitely having a bad run on this trip. At any rate, it pays to be very attentive to your stuff and don’t leave it lying around. Your fellow travelers or staff don’t seem likely to return it to you.

Room Tip: if you want to spent a quiet evening in your room, don't accept a room near the theater. It will...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear client,

Thank you very much for your complete review about how your holidays were at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo.

We are happy that you have taken advantage of all of our facilities, services and our fun activities like yoga, aerobics, our games by the pool (volleyball, basketball, and water polo), the archery, darts, ping pong, the wave pool, bocce ball, and all others.

On the other hand; we are sorry that you felt dissatisfied with your accommodations in your first room, our maintenance and housekeeping department are working together in order to keep cleaning all of our rooms, they will be informed about your review to take into consideration.
Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have had.

We understand your displeased with your lost stuff, as our concierge informed you, we have a process to assist to our guests; we would also like to mention that our security staff checks every employee, including handbags, and use metal detectors, when leaving or entering the hotel complex.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments; we will be more than happy to host you again at IBEROSTAR and provide you the service you deserve.

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
alfreton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed from 14.12.2013 to 28.12.2013 this was our 7th visit and will not be in a hurry to return, on previous visits we have had no problems but this visit was full of problems. The resort as a whole is lacking, the food is terrible compared to what it used to be also the entertainment staff are the worst there has ever been the only thing that saves this resort is some of the staff.

Issues with Room
1. had top floor in building 54 noticed musty smell upon entering room noticed mould on wall in bedroom by the bed and also flaking paint, then in the hallway by the large mirror mould in the corner and along the skirting and also paint bubbling on the wall.
2. no remote for the television.
3. no plug for the sink.
4. no iron or ironing board

Returned to reception and asked to be moved we were told that there would not be a room available until the next day, we were asked to go back to reception the following morning to confirm that we still wished to be moved so we did. I took photo's of the mould on the walls and asked if it would be possible for this to be sorted before the room was allocated to anyone else, to which I was told this would happen. We were told to ring reception a 3.00pm and they would let us know if our room was ready, I did this and was then told to ring back a 3.30pm to which I did again I was then told a bellboy will be on his way. Waited for 30 mins no bellboy so I went to speak to the concierge he informed me that the room was waiting for me to inspect before moving I checked this and all seemed okay, we went back to our room to wait for the bellboy in the mean time the maid was waiting to clean our room as they had needed the room for next people (so much for sorting the mould).
We went to wait in the courtyard for a further 30 mins and finally the bellboy arrived and escorted us to our room in building 53 again we had problems.

1. toilet did not flush
2. no iron
during our stay
3. door to bathroom would not open (rectified promptly)
4. cable box was taken out of our room
5. toilet did not flush again (rectified promptly)
6. tried to enter room and card did not work (rectified promptly)

On the last night of our holiday we returned to our room to notice that the wardrobe door was open and I closed this before leaving the room, also there was a bathmat outside of the bathroom. I asked my husband if he had left the mat there and he said no so we opened the safe and checked inside all was in the safe but by husband checked his wallet and noticed that money was missing. We reported this to the concierge who gave us an incident form to complete and was told that security will be up shortly.
They arrived 10 mins later took photo's and looked through the entire room and all of our belongings we felt as if we were the criminals, we were asked what time we left the room and when we returned as they are able to check the locks on the front door to see who has entered the room and that the investigation would take 48hrs. We were also told that the only people who could access the safe are people who know the code, we know that specific staff have a keys to access the safe as we have had to have access to our safe this way on a previous visit.

Upon our return home we received an e-mail saying that they had completed the investigation and that staff had entered our room whilst we were out, they checked the lockers of the staff involved but did not find any cash (we did not expect them to find any cash seeing as the staff would have finished working that night). As a good will gesture they have offered us an upgrade subject to availability if we purchase a holiday to the Parasio Beach they will upgrade us to the Parasio Lindo (would you stay here again).

Overall we will not return to this resort for some time and if we do we will stay it will be at the Parasio Maya as we did in May of 2013, we are very disappointed in Iberostar as loyal customers over the past 5 years not once did we get an apology or receive anything extra.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your recent stay in Mexico.

We regret all the issues you had in your room during your last visit. We assure you that we are making all efforts and taking all necessary steps to avoid this type of incidents in the future.

Regarding your missing cash, we wish to assure you that the safety of our customers is very important to us. The management and our security team members take these cases very seriously and even though the wallet was reported to be left outside of the safe, a full investigation took place. We are able to read which member of staff enters each room and at what time. Our Security Department is made up of professionals that follow strict procedures in a timely manner. These situations concern us and our team is constantly taking measures to prevent similar reports in the future.

We are very sorry that we disappointed you on this visit, as a repetitive guest your enjoyment and your feedback is very important to us. We try to improve day by day and hope to accomplish your entire satisfaction by having a trouble free holiday.

We look forward to the opportunity to prove you that our customers come first and remain at your disposal for any assistance.

Iberostar Mexico
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We originally booked the del Mar but were upgraded the week prior to our departure to the Lindo. We have stayed at the del Mar before and the main differences are the buildings that the rooms are in are nicer with courtyards but the rooms are about the same. Also you get unlimited a la carte restaurants vs 3 for the week. Also you can use any of the facilities of the cheaper properties but not visa versa.

The room was clean and well kept each day. A little musty smell, but it is the ocean we are on. The AC clears it out pretty well. We were in building 55 which is next to the theater so it was noisy each night. But we are good sleepers so did not impact us. To choose we would have preferred the beach. If is a deep property and walking to the beach is about 10 min from the front. We did not mind it but if you have physical limitations you will want to take this in consideration as we did not see much in the way of shuttles.

The grounds were well kept and clean. The staff was friendly and usually willing to help and with a smiled greeting. We had a group of 10 and got into dinners every night but one. Each of the group had different favorites depending on taste. At the Mediterranean they had surf and turf and with many of us liking lobster they brought out extra plates of lobsters. The buffets were standard for anyone that has done these all inclusive before. I enjoy paella and they cooked it on the beach twice and served it at the main buffet.

There are always activities going on and it is up to you if you want to attend. They do not bug you to join in. There were usually ample chairs at the pool and the beach but it was not high season. There are still many of the rude people that reserve chairs first thing and then leave them unattended most of the day. (even with signs saying not to) We went to the beach for sunrise and found people there before day light putting towels on chairs and going back to bed. I felt like taking the towels to the towel shack so they would be out of the chairs and short towels. But I am not on vacation to stir thinks up. This is something all hotels should address as it happens everywhere.

The pool is huge and there is wave pool and lazy river for the kids. It was just a bit cool this time of year as I think it is only heated by the sun and temps do not get too far into the 80's in January. The ocean was warmer and you do not run out of beach if you like walks.

Getting drinks at the bars was always easy and at both the pool and the beach they came around pretty often.

The dive shop had a bunch of friendly dive masters and ran the operation professionally. The diving was also good, with much fish life.

Our youngest went into kids camp a few days and usually did not want to come out. They were great with them and got to do special shows in the evening.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach a quieter at night, but the better buffet is up front.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor and for expressing how wonderful your trip was. We strive to provide you and all our valued guests the best in hospitality and service.

We are happy that you had the opportunity to visit us and that you were pleased with our facilities our delicious food and our attentions at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo.

Your review motivates us to continue improving in our service. Thank you for your recognition and loyalty to our brand.

We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Kind regards,

Blackwood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I loved this resort. A wonderful vacation on all front except one BIG issue. My daughter has a tree nut allergy. I researched this resort, emailed the staff before I went and was all prepared to deal with my 5 year old's food allergy. We only vacationed in Disney prior b/c they are AMAZING with food allergies and as a allergy/asthma nurse practitioner I knew that was the place to go. But one can only do Disney so many times in a row! So we ventured to Mexico and despite the resorts reassurances it was a allergy nightmare. I have never written a review in my life but I feel obligated. We had the concierge write our letter in Spanish to give to the restaurants to explain my daughters allergy. NO ONE wanted the letter. When we asked at the restaurants to speak to the chef as we were told to do they were confused and five people later we would end up with someone who barely spoke English to guide us through what our daughter could and couldn't eat. Each of those people would point us to food that was clearly unsafe. I am easy going and realized quickly this wasn't good and I would just limit her but one night she asked for something from the huge desert spread (what 5 year old could resist?) The women assigned to help us pointed out ice cream that didn't have nuts in the "name" but was next to ice cream with nuts with same scooper. And to make it more horrifying she pointed to the vanilla with a big nut sitting in the middle of the tub from the ice cream next to it and said in broken English that she should eat that one. My 5, yes 5 year old daughter saw the nut and started to cry. She looked up to me and begged to go back to the room. Later putting her to bed she asked me why the lady tried to hurt her. How do you explain to a five year old? The resort has an ice cream bar by the pool hence kids running around with ice cream dripping down their bathing suits all day and my daughter crying every time she saw them. She has never been bothered by her food allergy before, never cried before but now the distrust in an adult supposedly trained to help us made her food allergy something she is now terrified of and distrusting of anyone. She broke down in girls scouts the other day when they offered her a pretzel and I wasn't there. She used to trust adults and now she doesn't. The damage this "vacation" has done can never be fixed. I can't make it better no matter what I do! And aside from my 5 year old I saw a women tell the grill "chef" she had food allergies and wanted the grill cleaned so she could have a simple piece of chicken cooked. She walked blissfully away as he smiled, didn't understand a word she said and cooked five different food allergens with her chicken (the nurse in me wanted to die or grab the nearest Epipen). Don't go here if you have food allergies. Their corporate "concierge letter program" means nothing to the actual food preparers/servers. It's an awesome result with a terrible problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good place for an all inclusive.

Food was good and plentiful.

Lots of booze and drinks

Beautiful beaches but look out for large hidden boulders in surf.

A few things we were not happy with:

Lots of kids, i mean like 5 to 15 year old that parents don't watch. go over to The Beach pool area for a little relief. The majority of the kids were brats.

The restaurant reservation system is a joke. We didn't know or were told to make reservations way in advanced. Like weeks in advanced. The concierge said the restaurants were booked up . But we got in some and the places were never more than a half full. Terrible system. This was really a thorn in our side the whole trip. Eating very early and watching all those table unused really irked us.

Apple vacation drop the ball on our Air flight for seating us together (3 couples) after paying for seats together and under one reservation number for whole party.

Rooms were not together but in same building. Again everything was booked under one reservation number about 3 months in advance of travel date. Rooms should have been together on same floor.

Over all it was a fair trip and would go back but with lots of questions at booking time with everything in writing.

If want to hang on beach or poolside , good place . Not great but good.

Room Tip: building away from stage area. very noisy place.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire team here at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo, we would like to express our most sincere gratitude for taking such care in detailing your vacation experience for all the readers on this media.

We regret that our dinner reservation system did not meet your expectations; at IBEROSTAR we always suggest our guests to make their first three reservations with two weeks in advance via email, and the rest of it upon arrival with your Concierge, we are sorry you have not received the proper information.

Regarding dinner reservations, we would like to clarify how our seatings system works, we have the 4 different timings which we do not fill to their complete capacity, this is due to the reason that we try to guarantee our guests a good personalized service which would not be the same if we had a full restaurant, plus this way we give our guests more time to enjoy their dinning without feeling pressured to have to leave the restaurant for the following seating coming. Although sometimes guests do not show up, we have to give them a 15-20 minutes toleration time, after this time, due to availability, we are able to receive other guests before their reservation time. However please be sure that your comments will be considered. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to you and your group.

We are sorry you were disappointed with the location of your rooms; we receive a lot of room requests, and we always try to do our best in order to honor to our guests, unfortunately we are subject to availability and we cannot confirm anything until arrival.

We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at IBEROSTAR!

Calgary alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I travel regularly with our children. This was the first time taking them to an all inclusive resort. We really did enjoy the resort. I actually loved the size. We`d walk around after every meal, exploring with our children. They loved to search for different wildlife. They especially loved the Coati and 2 cats that call the Lindo home.

Food was much better at the restaurants. Buffet would was often cold. We lived the make your own pasta at the buffet, but language was definitely a drawback at the station.

Loved the beach. Wave pool was awesome. But traveling with 2 small children, the water temperature could have been increased. We choice this hotel because of the wave pool, lazy river and irate ship splash park- but the water was so cold. We tried numerous times to swim and play, but the water was beyond freezing. Actually a waste of money. Lazy river was dirty and there was only 4 tubes available. No currant moving you around, so you had to get into the freezing water and push yourself. There was lots of rain while we were there and the temperature wasn`t super high. So increasing the water temperature would have been nice.

Besides the kids club, there were no other family activities. Every afternoon, there were staff doing water games by the pool, but they were never for children until 12 to participant in.

Kids Club I was very disappointed with. I wasn`t sure going there, if I would be comfortable leaving my children. Keeping an open mind and thought I would see what it was like when we arrived. The first day we were at the resort, we were playing in the wave pool with our children. Along came the kids club with 15ish children. This is WATER and children should be supervised. There were 3 staff. But they were in a circle (the three of them) with their backs to the water. While, 15 children swam unattended, I was disgusted. Not 1 of them were watching the children. I stayed in the freezing water, and watched these children. Some were just as little as my children (4 &6). Needless to say, I never left my children at the kids club.

Rooms are dated, but we really didn`t care- never spent much time in them anyways. Knew when booking they were. If worried about the rooms, book the Maya side. Newer, nicer rooms. Our safe didn`t work. Noticed when we first arrived. Called the first desk. Took a good 2 hours for someone to come and fix it. There were lots of ants by the coffee maker and in the bathroom. Bet we killed 30+ a day. Gross. We actually enjoyed the firmness of the beds. We stayed in building 53 (right in the middle of the resort). We had an end until, which was awesome. Had more windows and a larger balcony. Room 5342. We knew picking this resort, it would be full of families. What we didn`t expect was how loud it would be first thing in the morning. We were on vacation and it would have been nice to sleep past 6 am. People were getting up very early and because the doors are heavy. When they closed it was very loud.

Shopping centre was nice. My children enjoyed the Tacos and the Crepes. We didn`t get a chance to enjoy the carousel, almost every night was pouring rain, so the area was flooded.

We loved the nightly shows. Kids show was at 8:30. They could dance and play games. My kids loved have a conga and popcorn. We stayed for a couple of the evening shows (the kid ones0 movie flashback ones). Lots of characters from movies like Shrek. Really cute.

Check in was pretty easy. They do require everyone's passport numbers, even the children. When asked why they needed my 4 and 6 year old passport numbers, they were didn`t have an answer. Which I would odd.

Overall. The resort is good, but could use some improvements (especially the kids club staff) . We enjoyed our week, my kids are still talking about the trip a month later.

Room Tip: Great family resort, wouldn`t travel to this one in particular if I didn`t have children. Lots of ki...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on trip advisor.

We are very happy that your children loved our kid’s show; this is a good feature of our complex, likewise we are glad to know that our tacos and crepes at the shopping were of your liking.

On the other hand; we regret your comment about our rooms; Our Management and Maintenance Department are constantly working on improving our facilities and a maintenance preventive program is always taking place. So your feedback is very useful to us to identify areas of concern that must be fixed as soon as possible. Once again, we apologize about this situation. Housekeeping will also receive your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that your children and you felt that our pools were too cold however is important to mention that our swimming pools’ temperature is regulated to prevent low temperatures, and the Jacuzzis located by the pools are heated. However let us forward your comments to our maintenance department to follow this up.

With respect to your comments about ants, we apologize about that situation; the hotel has a weekly fumigation program to keep ants away from rooms and a daily fumigation for common areas; however, due to our tropical location, this can sometimes be harder to control. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The oversights and missing etiquette that you describe about our kids club staff is unacceptable; we will send your review to our Animation Manager in order to design solutions to avoid future occurrences.

In regard to your question about the register of your children passport, we ask for this because it is important to have the right information from all our guests for security reasons. There are mandatory securities measures that we need to follow in order to ensure our guest s ' welfare. We apologize about the inconveniences.

We hope that you give us the opportunity of serving you again at our Paraiso Lindo resort or any of our sister resorts.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My family and I just returned from this hotel- the hotel is beautiful and the people working there were fantastic for the most part- the food was pretty good and the atmosphere was relaxing and fun. The pools are large and beautiful, but very cold!
Unfortunately, we had an issue with our reservation, which I had booked through hotels.com. When we arrived with our two children, ages 5 and 9, we were told that the reservation was made for two adults and two babies (not children) and that we would have to pay an additional $1,195 for the children (four nights). Although I showed the staff my confirmation email stating children (not infants) and assured them that I had provided the correct ages at the time of booking, they were unable to help. They did forward the email to their reservation department, but were told that we still owed the additional money. We ended up having to get the matter resolved with hotels.com on our own, and unfortunately spent an entire afternoon in the hotel lobby (over five hours) on our last day there trying to resolve the matter. We had to pay the money to Iberostar, and later got a partial refund from Hotels.com. This put a damper on the vacation, as so much time and energy (stress) went into resolving this matter- although the front desk staff were pleasant and tried to help, they basically seemed powerless and we were never compensated for the entire unpleasant experience, which was not at all our doing. This was an unfortunate ending to what could have been a fantastic trip

Room Tip: ask for a central room between the lobby and the beach-
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear customer,

On behalf of the General Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

We are very sorry to know about the incident you had with your agency, we understand your dissatisfaction, however we must proceed under own policies, we hope this issue did not spoil your vacations; we apologize for the inconvenient caused.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments; we hope you give us the opportunity to be able to offer you our hospitality again at IBEROSTAR to provide you a great experience and prove to you our true commitment with guests’ satisfaction.

Kind Regards,

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!