“Nice upgrade” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

You added Iberostar Paraiso Lindo to your Saves list
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carrt Chetumal - Pto Juarez km. 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice upgrade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We originally booked the del Mar but were upgraded the week prior to our departure to the Lindo. We have stayed at the del Mar before and the main differences are the buildings that the rooms are in are nicer with courtyards but the rooms are about the same. Also you get unlimited a la carte restaurants vs 3 for the week. Also you can use any of the facilities of the cheaper properties but not visa versa.

The room was clean and well kept each day. A little musty smell, but it is the ocean we are on. The AC clears it out pretty well. We were in building 55 which is next to the theater so it was noisy each night. But we are good sleepers so did not impact us. To choose we would have preferred the beach. If is a deep property and walking to the beach is about 10 min from the front. We did not mind it but if you have physical limitations you will want to take this in consideration as we did not see much in the way of shuttles.

The grounds were well kept and clean. The staff was friendly and usually willing to help and with a smiled greeting. We had a group of 10 and got into dinners every night but one. Each of the group had different favorites depending on taste. At the Mediterranean they had surf and turf and with many of us liking lobster they brought out extra plates of lobsters. The buffets were standard for anyone that has done these all inclusive before. I enjoy paella and they cooked it on the beach twice and served it at the main buffet.

There are always activities going on and it is up to you if you want to attend. They do not bug you to join in. There were usually ample chairs at the pool and the beach but it was not high season. There are still many of the rude people that reserve chairs first thing and then leave them unattended most of the day. (even with signs saying not to) We went to the beach for sunrise and found people there before day light putting towels on chairs and going back to bed. I felt like taking the towels to the towel shack so they would be out of the chairs and short towels. But I am not on vacation to stir thinks up. This is something all hotels should address as it happens everywhere.

The pool is huge and there is wave pool and lazy river for the kids. It was just a bit cool this time of year as I think it is only heated by the sun and temps do not get too far into the 80's in January. The ocean was warmer and you do not run out of beach if you like walks.

Getting drinks at the bars was always easy and at both the pool and the beach they came around pretty often.

The dive shop had a bunch of friendly dive masters and ran the operation professionally. The diving was also good, with much fish life.

Our youngest went into kids camp a few days and usually did not want to come out. They were great with them and got to do special shows in the evening.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach a quieter at night, but the better buffet is up front.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor and for expressing how wonderful your trip was. We strive to provide you and all our valued guests the best in hospitality and service.

We are happy that you had the opportunity to visit us and that you were pleased with our facilities our delicious food and our attentions at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo.

Your review motivates us to continue improving in our service. Thank you for your recognition and loyalty to our brand.

We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Kind regards,

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
Blackwood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I loved this resort. A wonderful vacation on all front except one BIG issue. My daughter has a tree nut allergy. I researched this resort, emailed the staff before I went and was all prepared to deal with my 5 year old's food allergy. We only vacationed in Disney prior b/c they are AMAZING with food allergies and as a allergy/asthma nurse practitioner I knew that was the place to go. But one can only do Disney so many times in a row! So we ventured to Mexico and despite the resorts reassurances it was a allergy nightmare. I have never written a review in my life but I feel obligated. We had the concierge write our letter in Spanish to give to the restaurants to explain my daughters allergy. NO ONE wanted the letter. When we asked at the restaurants to speak to the chef as we were told to do they were confused and five people later we would end up with someone who barely spoke English to guide us through what our daughter could and couldn't eat. Each of those people would point us to food that was clearly unsafe. I am easy going and realized quickly this wasn't good and I would just limit her but one night she asked for something from the huge desert spread (what 5 year old could resist?) The women assigned to help us pointed out ice cream that didn't have nuts in the "name" but was next to ice cream with nuts with same scooper. And to make it more horrifying she pointed to the vanilla with a big nut sitting in the middle of the tub from the ice cream next to it and said in broken English that she should eat that one. My 5, yes 5 year old daughter saw the nut and started to cry. She looked up to me and begged to go back to the room. Later putting her to bed she asked me why the lady tried to hurt her. How do you explain to a five year old? The resort has an ice cream bar by the pool hence kids running around with ice cream dripping down their bathing suits all day and my daughter crying every time she saw them. She has never been bothered by her food allergy before, never cried before but now the distrust in an adult supposedly trained to help us made her food allergy something she is now terrified of and distrusting of anyone. She broke down in girls scouts the other day when they offered her a pretzel and I wasn't there. She used to trust adults and now she doesn't. The damage this "vacation" has done can never be fixed. I can't make it better no matter what I do! And aside from my 5 year old I saw a women tell the grill "chef" she had food allergies and wanted the grill cleaned so she could have a simple piece of chicken cooked. She walked blissfully away as he smiled, didn't understand a word she said and cooked five different food allergens with her chicken (the nurse in me wanted to die or grab the nearest Epipen). Don't go here if you have food allergies. Their corporate "concierge letter program" means nothing to the actual food preparers/servers. It's an awesome result with a terrible problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good place for an all inclusive.

Food was good and plentiful.

Lots of booze and drinks

Beautiful beaches but look out for large hidden boulders in surf.

A few things we were not happy with:

Lots of kids, i mean like 5 to 15 year old that parents don't watch. go over to The Beach pool area for a little relief. The majority of the kids were brats.

The restaurant reservation system is a joke. We didn't know or were told to make reservations way in advanced. Like weeks in advanced. The concierge said the restaurants were booked up . But we got in some and the places were never more than a half full. Terrible system. This was really a thorn in our side the whole trip. Eating very early and watching all those table unused really irked us.

Apple vacation drop the ball on our Air flight for seating us together (3 couples) after paying for seats together and under one reservation number for whole party.

Rooms were not together but in same building. Again everything was booked under one reservation number about 3 months in advance of travel date. Rooms should have been together on same floor.

Over all it was a fair trip and would go back but with lots of questions at booking time with everything in writing.

If want to hang on beach or poolside , good place . Not great but good.

Room Tip: building away from stage area. very noisy place.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire team here at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo, we would like to express our most sincere gratitude for taking such care in detailing your vacation experience for all the readers on this media.

We regret that our dinner reservation system did not meet your expectations; at IBEROSTAR we always suggest our guests to make their first three reservations with two weeks in advance via email, and the rest of it upon arrival with your Concierge, we are sorry you have not received the proper information.

Regarding dinner reservations, we would like to clarify how our seatings system works, we have the 4 different timings which we do not fill to their complete capacity, this is due to the reason that we try to guarantee our guests a good personalized service which would not be the same if we had a full restaurant, plus this way we give our guests more time to enjoy their dinning without feeling pressured to have to leave the restaurant for the following seating coming. Although sometimes guests do not show up, we have to give them a 15-20 minutes toleration time, after this time, due to availability, we are able to receive other guests before their reservation time. However please be sure that your comments will be considered. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to you and your group.

We are sorry you were disappointed with the location of your rooms; we receive a lot of room requests, and we always try to do our best in order to honor to our guests, unfortunately we are subject to availability and we cannot confirm anything until arrival.

We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at IBEROSTAR!

Calgary alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I travel regularly with our children. This was the first time taking them to an all inclusive resort. We really did enjoy the resort. I actually loved the size. We`d walk around after every meal, exploring with our children. They loved to search for different wildlife. They especially loved the Coati and 2 cats that call the Lindo home.

Food was much better at the restaurants. Buffet would was often cold. We lived the make your own pasta at the buffet, but language was definitely a drawback at the station.

Loved the beach. Wave pool was awesome. But traveling with 2 small children, the water temperature could have been increased. We choice this hotel because of the wave pool, lazy river and irate ship splash park- but the water was so cold. We tried numerous times to swim and play, but the water was beyond freezing. Actually a waste of money. Lazy river was dirty and there was only 4 tubes available. No currant moving you around, so you had to get into the freezing water and push yourself. There was lots of rain while we were there and the temperature wasn`t super high. So increasing the water temperature would have been nice.

Besides the kids club, there were no other family activities. Every afternoon, there were staff doing water games by the pool, but they were never for children until 12 to participant in.

Kids Club I was very disappointed with. I wasn`t sure going there, if I would be comfortable leaving my children. Keeping an open mind and thought I would see what it was like when we arrived. The first day we were at the resort, we were playing in the wave pool with our children. Along came the kids club with 15ish children. This is WATER and children should be supervised. There were 3 staff. But they were in a circle (the three of them) with their backs to the water. While, 15 children swam unattended, I was disgusted. Not 1 of them were watching the children. I stayed in the freezing water, and watched these children. Some were just as little as my children (4 &6). Needless to say, I never left my children at the kids club.

Rooms are dated, but we really didn`t care- never spent much time in them anyways. Knew when booking they were. If worried about the rooms, book the Maya side. Newer, nicer rooms. Our safe didn`t work. Noticed when we first arrived. Called the first desk. Took a good 2 hours for someone to come and fix it. There were lots of ants by the coffee maker and in the bathroom. Bet we killed 30+ a day. Gross. We actually enjoyed the firmness of the beds. We stayed in building 53 (right in the middle of the resort). We had an end until, which was awesome. Had more windows and a larger balcony. Room 5342. We knew picking this resort, it would be full of families. What we didn`t expect was how loud it would be first thing in the morning. We were on vacation and it would have been nice to sleep past 6 am. People were getting up very early and because the doors are heavy. When they closed it was very loud.

Shopping centre was nice. My children enjoyed the Tacos and the Crepes. We didn`t get a chance to enjoy the carousel, almost every night was pouring rain, so the area was flooded.

We loved the nightly shows. Kids show was at 8:30. They could dance and play games. My kids loved have a conga and popcorn. We stayed for a couple of the evening shows (the kid ones0 movie flashback ones). Lots of characters from movies like Shrek. Really cute.

Check in was pretty easy. They do require everyone's passport numbers, even the children. When asked why they needed my 4 and 6 year old passport numbers, they were didn`t have an answer. Which I would odd.

Overall. The resort is good, but could use some improvements (especially the kids club staff) . We enjoyed our week, my kids are still talking about the trip a month later.

Room Tip: Great family resort, wouldn`t travel to this one in particular if I didn`t have children. Lots of ki...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on trip advisor.

We are very happy that your children loved our kid’s show; this is a good feature of our complex, likewise we are glad to know that our tacos and crepes at the shopping were of your liking.

On the other hand; we regret your comment about our rooms; Our Management and Maintenance Department are constantly working on improving our facilities and a maintenance preventive program is always taking place. So your feedback is very useful to us to identify areas of concern that must be fixed as soon as possible. Once again, we apologize about this situation. Housekeeping will also receive your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that your children and you felt that our pools were too cold however is important to mention that our swimming pools’ temperature is regulated to prevent low temperatures, and the Jacuzzis located by the pools are heated. However let us forward your comments to our maintenance department to follow this up.

With respect to your comments about ants, we apologize about that situation; the hotel has a weekly fumigation program to keep ants away from rooms and a daily fumigation for common areas; however, due to our tropical location, this can sometimes be harder to control. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The oversights and missing etiquette that you describe about our kids club staff is unacceptable; we will send your review to our Animation Manager in order to design solutions to avoid future occurrences.

In regard to your question about the register of your children passport, we ask for this because it is important to have the right information from all our guests for security reasons. There are mandatory securities measures that we need to follow in order to ensure our guest s ' welfare. We apologize about the inconveniences.

We hope that you give us the opportunity of serving you again at our Paraiso Lindo resort or any of our sister resorts.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My family and I just returned from this hotel- the hotel is beautiful and the people working there were fantastic for the most part- the food was pretty good and the atmosphere was relaxing and fun. The pools are large and beautiful, but very cold!
Unfortunately, we had an issue with our reservation, which I had booked through hotels.com. When we arrived with our two children, ages 5 and 9, we were told that the reservation was made for two adults and two babies (not children) and that we would have to pay an additional $1,195 for the children (four nights). Although I showed the staff my confirmation email stating children (not infants) and assured them that I had provided the correct ages at the time of booking, they were unable to help. They did forward the email to their reservation department, but were told that we still owed the additional money. We ended up having to get the matter resolved with hotels.com on our own, and unfortunately spent an entire afternoon in the hotel lobby (over five hours) on our last day there trying to resolve the matter. We had to pay the money to Iberostar, and later got a partial refund from Hotels.com. This put a damper on the vacation, as so much time and energy (stress) went into resolving this matter- although the front desk staff were pleasant and tried to help, they basically seemed powerless and we were never compensated for the entire unpleasant experience, which was not at all our doing. This was an unfortunate ending to what could have been a fantastic trip

Room Tip: ask for a central room between the lobby and the beach-
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear customer,

On behalf of the General Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

We are very sorry to know about the incident you had with your agency, we understand your dissatisfaction, however we must proceed under own policies, we hope this issue did not spoil your vacations; we apologize for the inconvenient caused.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments; we hope you give us the opportunity to be able to offer you our hospitality again at IBEROSTAR to provide you a great experience and prove to you our true commitment with guests’ satisfaction.

Kind Regards,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We traveled as a couple with another couple from January 14 to January 21.
For the shuttle to/from airport, we used Best Day travel. Highly recommend their services, they're great! Everything is on time, and done with extreme professionalism. We paid USD 80 for round trip.

This is our 5th time to the all inclusive resort. Its our 4th time to an all inclusive resort in Mexico.
To start off, the grounds of the resort are beautiful, most definitely a lot of walking is required but it is a good feeling and good exercise for sure.
The first day we were there, we were not impressed with the food at all, not even the quality but the food tasted bland.
I was so disappointed. Although on second day and pretty much till our last day, we were there for 8 days, the food was good.
I did notice that the food overall does not change much, its same every day. But there is plenty to try.
Overall, the WORST restaurant / WORST food I have ever eaten was at French Restaurant. Let me rephrase, we did not eat the food at the French restaurant because of how BAD it was.
It was horrible! The place is beautiful, all fancy but who needs that. Anyway, we had reservations at French for 9pm. Since none of us ate anything, we were starving, all buffets close at 10pm, only the big one by the lobby reopens at 11pm but with very very limited variety of food. It was also our friends last night at the resort, and we were all starving. DO NOT GO TO FRENCH! Do not waste your night there.

The BEST restaurant hands down is Mediterranean, order Steak and Lobster Tale. Amazing. We actually went there 2 nights because you are sort of guaranteed great food. We have also tried the Mexican restaurant, amazing steak, very good! definitely recommend to try for sure. We also ate at Steak restaurant, very good as well. Overall, steaks are super great. My friend ordered his steak at French, you can imagine what that tasted like, thank goodness he came out alive. The main buffet by the lobby, and the buffet by the pool both had great breakfast. Main lobby buffet is bigger and has more food, and they had watermelon juice, which is our favorite, super good. Veronica , who makes omelets at the buffet is so nice, and makes great omelets, eggs any way your heart desires. One last note about restaurants, we tried Japanese restaurant on our last night, our chef was a woman, I think her name was Judith, anyway, she is the only female chef, and she did an amazing job. But, would I go back to Japanese restaurant if I was going back to the resort, No

I have to say, I was VERY disappointed by the fact that NOONE tips the staff. I don’t understand why, although this is an all inclusive resort, please remember, these people work for tips! Also, Rocco from the entertainment team is one of the nicest guys we’ve met. So wonderful, so genuine and such a hard worker. It was pleasure having him sit with us at lunch!

Diego, who runs the aerobics, could have done more. Although he tried hard to excite people, at this resort, this is the worst Ive seen with people’s energies being down. The worst water aerobics ever. The staff all over the resort, work so hard, please tip them, they deserve it!

Our rooms were located in building 54. We stayed on the 3rd floor. I like to be as high as possible. Great great location! Close to pool, to lobby, to buffet by the pool! Definitely a central location. Building 53, 54 are all central locations.
We had no issues whatsoever with the pressure of the water in the bathroom, AC worked wonderful, it was actually too cold in the room. Rooms were clean. The mattress was very hard, but I loved it. We did not feel the need to request a mattress pad.

One thing to point out, there were a lot of small children! like infants, young children everywhere, I would not say they came in the way of me enjoying the pools/beaches but I have promised myself that my next resort will be adults only. I don't have any children, maybe that is why I feel this way. One of the things that certainly helped, is the resort is sooo big, we felt that half of the time there were not a lot of people.

Towels are HORRIBLE! People are paying so much money to stay at the resort, not sure why the towels are like cardboard. Management should really look into this and change them.
My husband and I played tennis, the court has to be reserved in advance in the main lobby or your concierge.
As I have said, the entertainment team works super hard, but visiting other resorts and experiencing their nightly shows and meeting the entertainment team, overall Lindo’s team was missing something. There was no excitement, I was not entertained much. But overall, you just enjoy whatever they present because you are grateful to be on vacation and drinking :)
The staff worked hard, but the concept of shows was just bad. We were very disappointed. In every resort so far, I have looked forward to seeing these shows, at Lindo not so much.

I highly recommend booking an Isla Mujeres boat tour for entire day, we had an amazing time.

Again, its a nice and spacious resort. But my husband and I love to try new resorts, so we will not be back at Lindo.

Room Tip: When visiting all inclusive, we only drink top shelf liquor. We specifically asked top shelf liquor...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the feedback you have shared with us and fellow travelers. Your comments are very helpful to us in order to evaluate our service.

We are pleased to know you had a great stay with us.

In regard to your comment about our French Restaurant, we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. Our Executive Chef is always working on improving our options and food quality, and of course he is always open to read our guests’ feedback to work on areas of improvement.

Please be sure that we have taken note of all your comments and can assure you that we will do our best to improve our service in every area.

We wish to have the opportunity to host you and your family again in the near future to show you our improvements.

Warm regards,

Sylvan Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a week-long stay with our 2 and 6-year-olds. This was our fourth time to Mexico, and we had high hopes for this resort but left feeling disappointed.

Check-in was relatively quick, but when we entered our room my heart sank a little. The rooms are very dated, and the bedding was stained in spots and at times had small rips. The tub had rust stains and our toilet never did flush properly. The mattresses are very firm, but we didn't find them hard enough to warrant a request for a topper. We were in building 55, which is close to the lobby, the main buffet, the kids club, and wave pool. However, it's also close to the theatre so it can be pretty noisy at night. In our week there, we only saw the concierge for our building twice. One day we checked five times but nobody was ever there so we resorted to using the concierge at building 54.

The food at this resort was the biggest disappointment. There was copious amounts of it at the buffets, but it completely lacked quality and was often lukewarm to cold. I came to dread the next meal. One night as we were leaving we saw a couple speaking to two managers about how poor the food was, and cold, so I know we weren't the only ones who were let down. We dined at the steakhouse and Mediterranean a la cartes. The steakhouse was good but we didn't enjoy the Mediterranean. Those two a la cartes have a kids buffet which is why we chose them. As for the drinks, for the first time ever at an AI I had to ask for "top shelf" alcohol because whatever they used for the blended drinks was simply awful.

The pools were wonderful and there's many to choose from, along with the wave pool, lazy river, and kids pool. We never had a problem finding poolside chairs. We took our own tubes for the lazy river, which I recommend, as there aren't many tubes and there's a place to fill your tubes at the resort.

We really enjoyed the ice cream by the pool and also at the shopping plaza. If you take kids, take advantage of the carousel at the shopping plaza at night. My kids rode several times every night.

There's free wifi in the lobby and at the shopping plaza and it always worked very efficiently.

Due to the rooms and the food, which are two of the largest components of the stay, I can't recommend this resort. We are going back to the Mayan Riviera at the end of the year but we will be choosing a different resort.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear client,

Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your vacations.

We are happy to know that your children have enjoyed our carrousel and our beautiful pools, including the lazy river and wave pool, as well as the kids club.

On the other hand; we apologize for the issues you described with our facilities. Our Management, Maintenance, and housekeeping Department are constantly working on areas to be improved and our facilities follow a maintenance standard roll in order to try to keep our areas and rooms impeccable and clean. We will keep working hard to improve these areas and your feedback has been reported to them.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our food and beverage quality did not meet your expectations. We already shared it with our food & beverages department in order to take into account. Our Executive Chef is always working on improving the different options offered at our buffets and A la Carte Restaurants, and always welcomes feedback so that he is sure to go on the right direction.

In regard to your comments about our concierge service, sometimes our concierges have to absent to help other guests but when this happens the concierges in the next buildings are always happy to help to our guests; our chief concierge will be informed also.

We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to change your point of view regarding the above mentioned services.

Warm regards,
Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!