My husband and I just returned from a sunny, relaxing week at the Lindo. Our first time, but not to an Iberostar resort. The photos online do not do the resort justice. It is absolutely beautiful. We arrived at noon expecting to have lunch and time in the sun, but it took 8 tries at finding a room that wasn't musty, moldy smelling. We started with building 51, the tried rooms in 52 and 53 finally finding that the rooms in the 54 building were fresh smelling. I have bad mold allergies so this was a priority. Our room faced the courtyard, not the pool.
The buffets were not that great, in fact a real disappointment from the Iberostar Cozumel. The food all tasted the same and seemed old at times. We tried 3 restaurants and only kinda liked the steak house. The buffet close to the beach was the best. The fruit, cheese and bread were always a fresh choice. We fell in love with Juan and Beatrize, two of the beach buffet staff. They were so kind and helpful, we never lacked anything.
The alcohol was bottom shelf. Take Advil if you're going to drink it. After the second day we ordered a bottle of Absolute from room service ($38 US) and picked up a fruit juice each time we walked by the buffet to mix it in.
The beach and pools were worth every penny of the trip. We found the beach to be perfect much nicer than the rocky beach in front of the Grande. We had no problem getting beach chairs with shade if we reserved before 7am. Beware, our hotel beach towels were stolen.
The staff was honest and friendly. Perfect service! The grounds were clean and very well maintained.
All in all it was great, we will go back for sure and take our kids next time. I do hope with enough complaints about the food they will make some changes. Maybe less variety, and a fresher selection...made by a real chef.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo
- Iberostar Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them A-la-Carte. 18-holes golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, VISIT US, INC. , Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.