“Fantastic Staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Paraiso Beach

You added Iberostar Paraiso Beach to your Saves list
Iberostar Paraiso Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carrt. Chetumal - Pto. Juarez km. 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
British Columbia, Canada
“Fantastic Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

The whole resort was very nice. Lots of green space. Nice beach. Clean. Whoever is in charge of training Iberostar hotel staff deserves a raise. Without exception, we found the staff to be extremeley cheerful and helpfull. Food was great, drinks were mostly premium brands and poured freely. Lots of swimming pools.
Now for the down side, if you don't like lots of walking, this place not for you. Remember this is a family resort so lots of kids. Singles and couples may prefer a different resort.

• Stayed February 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
regina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

We just returned home from our vacation and wanted to express how much we enjoyed the Paraiso Beach Resort. We were originally going to book into the Del Mar but had to switch to the Beach due to seat availability on the way home. We were concerned because the Del Mar seemed to have better reviews. However, we are so happy that we were in the Beach side. It was a beautiful hotel and resort. I was really amazed when we pulled up in front of the hotel, it is stunning. The staff was very very friendly and accomodating to all our needs. Louis our daytime waiter in the buffet restaurant made our meal times great, he had our drink orders memorized by the end of the second day and made sure we had our same seats. Rooms were very very clean, and the beach was gorgeous. The pool was cool when we first arrived but after a couple of days of plus 30, it warmed up beautifully! The kids enjoyed the chicken nuggets delivered by room service, I'm sure they ordered 4 times each day, there was never a shortage of food. We would definately recommend this resort and will return again.

• Liked — its really hard to pick one thing.......
  • Disliked — the wind
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

Well I pretty well traveled been to Mexico a coulple times along with Cuba and Dominican. By far this was the worst resort I've ever stayed at. Bring your walking shoes!! Was there with a large group ages ranging from early 20's to mid 30's. This resort is TOO BIG!! It's 3 resorts all horizontal one wrong turn and your on the wrong resort. All's we did is eat (all bad food because thats all that tastes normal, ex. pizza, burgers, fries) and we all lost weight from all the walking. Depending where your room is I think we were 3429 at least it was a bottom floor but it was 10 min walk to the pool, another 5 min walk to the beach. (YOU CAN NOT SEE BEACH FROM POOL) From room to the lobby where the buffet was about a 10 min walk in another direction. By the buffet was the ONLY lounge where you could get drinks! So here we are ready to party, (once we have all finally found eachother) the lobby bar is not very exciting and they only serve drinks till around 11pm THATS IT!! Then you have to walk about 5 min to another resort to go to there lobby bar, but they only serve drinks till around 12:30 So once again your walking to another resort and there is the disco, which has been a least the best disco I've been to in a all inclusive. They close down around 3, then the fun begins wheb your drunk and your trying to find your way back to your resort, once you find your resort you have to walk and walk somemore back to your room. I am not a complainer about all the little thing I've never wrote a review till now, because I feel so strongly that people should be warned before they purchse there tickets. I am not a overweight lazy person, but when I'm on holidays and I spend over $2000 dollars for one week I'm there to party and relax, not walk a thound miles, and have to go to 2 other resorts if I want to have drinks past 11pm. It's a beautiful hotel with excellent staff, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they had walkie talkies and your own golf cart. But if you don't take my advise on the hotel at least go into Playa and go on 5th Ave it alot of fun!!

• Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

We stayed in this resort from Jan31-Feb7 and loved it. The resort was gorgeous and well-kept, The beach was awesome and clean and the food and entertainment were very good. This resort is one of the five in Iberostar Playa complex. It is a huge complex with a convention centre and a shopping centre, tennis and golf courts and a big beautiful beach. We walked through the entire complex and found Paraiso Beach the best value.
The resort is pretty big. Yes you have to walk a lot but the grounds are nice with lots of tropical plants and birds that you won't feel it. Even our 2-year-old loved it. We had 3 a-la-carte restaurants and liked them all, Mexican, Japanese and Brazilian.
It has a huge freeform pool with a couple of swim-up bars and a waterfall that was right in front of our terrace.

• Liked — The pool, the grounds
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

This is for all those who complained about the specialty restaurants being "NOT FULL"..and WHY couldn't they get in??
OK.........Here is MY take on it! Waht sort of restaurant were you expecting when you booked it? One that had a menu that you "looked up to read" OR one that you had a menu to "looked down to read".....if you get what I mean!
You need to look at this opportunity from the right perspective! I see it as having a more intimate dinner, more specailized and dedicated service..........quiet atmosphere! It made us all feel SPECIAL! If I wanted the place to be briming over the top, it would have been noisy and slower service! HELLO! Get real here.....stop complaining, please and ENJOY LIFE! Thanks....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
near ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

My husband and I spent a week at the end of January, beginning of February with four other couples. This is the 4th A.I. resort I've been to, and the 2nd Iberostar. We all had a great time, but only because we were drinking and partying.
The grounds are beautiful. Lots of beautiful birds, thought we didn't stay near the lobby so they didn't annoy us. It's very large, but didn't deter us from wearing high heels, even walking most of the resort.
The rooms are okay, except that the bathroom exhaust fan seemed to draw sewage fumes from the drains after 10 minutes. Since it comes on when you turn on the lights, I started getting ready in the dark. It would have been nice to have a dresser. They definitely have issues with the facecloths. We started out with 2, then 1, then none... it was unpredictable.
The food is okay - not great, but mostly edible. The a la carte restaurants are okay too. Nothing to write home about. Other reviews raved about the Japanese restaurant - it was lots of fun, but not great. As others have noted, they were NEVER full, or even more than 50% full except the Japanese. So I can't figure out why they make it so difficult to get in.
I found the drinks to be quite strong! Much stronger than what I was expecting! For the most part good, though they didn't always taste the same. The best was a bartender in the lobby, Alfredo, whom my sister nicknamed Senor Eyebrow, as he always wiggled his eyebrow at us. He made the best Bloody Marys!
All in all, we had a good time, and the resort was okay. I think we paid too much for the quality we got, and I wouldn't go back unless I went with the same people, and for less. Definitely would not go for a romantic week with my hubby. It ranks only better than a bad resort that I got transferred out of after 1 night. Definitely didn't enjoy it like the first Iberostar stay in Cozumel

• Liked — beautiful grounds
  • Disliked — food wasn't great.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

We spent 9 days at the iberostar paraiso beach. Really enjoyed the hotel. We read all the reviews before we left. There is alot of walking but after laying on the beach all day, walking to dinner wasn't a big deal. The rooms and the entire property were spotless. The pool was freezing the entire stay, We did go in twice just to make it to the pool bar but it was cold. The food was better the the normal all inclusive. We liked the Japenese and Mexican restaurants best. This is the first vacation we have taken out of the country that neither one of us got sick the entire vacation! The main reason for our vacations our the beach and golf. The beach was great, didn't have problems finding a chair and the sun was awesome! the golf course is on property.$130 you don't need a caddy. the rate is lower in the afternoon. We went to Playa del Carmen twice at night. Had a great Mexican dinner at La Parilla. the cab cost was $20 each way. It is worth is to go walk around 5th avenue. Alot of spots for a cocktail or dinner. We will go back and stay at this same Iberostar! GREAT TRIP!

• Liked — CLEANLINESS. BEACH
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!