“Unforgettable vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Paraiso Beach

You added Iberostar Paraiso Beach to your Saves list
Iberostar Paraiso Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carrt. Chetumal - Pto. Juarez km. 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Unforgettable vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was my first experience in Mexico and I was absolutely amazed by great time spent in Iberostar Paraiso Beach. Honestly, from my personal experience, many Caribbean resorts looks to me very similar. The difference is mostly related to the hotel staff you are surrounded with.

All services were on top everywhere: cleaning room, reception, gardeners,kitchen, etc....
Place very well maintained in general and all activities well planned.

The main reason for me putting this place at the highest rate is the hotel Entertainment staff.
They really making you happy every single possible moment: from early morning to the late night.
Edu, Luis, Joshua and Gabriel from entertainment staff did this vacation for all of my family really unforgettable.

Speaking about Edu, the leader of entertainment group, make me feel that it would almost impossible to find a better entertainer across the Globe in any other resort or hotel . He is the real pride of this place and it would not surprise me if I will see him in a couple of years on TV of some other high ranked stage. He has unlimited artistic capabilities, can easily wake up and make happy all surrounded people within few minutes.
I have never seen anything similar on any other places I have visited before.

Thank you again to Iberostar Paraiso Beach for the wonderful time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Distinguished guest,

On behalf of the Iberostar Paraiso Beach management we would like to thank you for choosing to be guests with us for your recent stay.

We truly appreciate you took the time to share this spectacular comments with us, since it provides us a great motivation to keep offering the same incredible service to all our guests.

We appreciate you decided to stay at our Hotel for your vacations and we are pleased that your stay was great. We have congratulated our Staff and the people in charge of every department that collaborated to deliver happiness and an unforgettable experience. We will of course pass your lovely comments on to Edu; this will for sure motivate him.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and offer you our warm hospitality.

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My Husband and I went back and forth between this hotel or going BACK to the Grand Bahia Principe. We decided to go out on a limb since this hotel had such great reviews. From the minute we arrived we were treated with welcome kind smile and "Hola" from anyone we passed. Our sweet little housekeeper Rosemarie made sure that we had everything in our room that we needed (we had bottles of water beside the bed) they came to make the bed and tidy up at least 2 times a day! The rooms were large and very clean, beds were a little hard for our liking. The Air Conditioner/Dehumidifyer worked great!

The food was amazing, a ton of selection, and the deserts are incredible! We did Japonese/Steakhouse/Gourmet/Mexican/and Italian for Al la Carte's. The Japonese is beyond amazing they will blow your mind! I have alot of allergies and this was one of the first hotels that seemed to really take caution to make sure that I didnt have any reactions (I received a letter to present to each of the Al la Cartes). Also make sure to try the taco and ice cream place in the mall!!!

We stayed in the 3900 rooms which were closer to the lobby, a bit of a walk to the beach but we didnt mind the 5 minute walk. Id recomend staying in the 32-3600 block as its closer to the beach and the pool.

Pool entertainment is some of the best we have seen. with times 4-6 people all helping with the activities from yoga, shooting, pool games, dance lessons, and the list goes on and on.

The nightly entertainment will also blow your mind. Miss Iberostar and the Disco were some of our favourites. I will admit a couple of the shows were a bit boring but most that we had seen were awesome!!!

Josue our west Jet rep was also so helpful, honest and friendly about any of the tours we took. Id definately recomend the Isles Mujerus tour it was one of the best sail tours we have been on.

The beach is beautiful, not the best water right in front of the hotel for snorkling if you are into that. The beach grill and bar are handy right down by the water. You never go hungry at this place!!!

WiFi is not free, and you cannot use a pre paid colling card through this resort (blocked) and it costs $5.00 for every call you make ontop of any other method of calling. Just a couple tips to be aware of :)

All in all I cant recomend this resort enough. Im so glad that we chose Iberostar you definately wont be disapointed with this resort!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guests,

We appreciate the time you took to share with us and Trip Advisor your opinion regarding your recent stay at Iberostar Paraiso Beach.

We feel honored to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay at our Hotel; we have forwarded your comments to the Housekeeping Staff, Star Friends, Food & Beverage Staff and the people in charge of every department to keep them motivated to offer the same amazing service to all our clients.

We genuinely hope that if ever returning to Mexico, you will not hesitate to visit us again since we earnestly look forward to hosting you once more.

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My family and I went to the Iberostar Paraiso Beach at the end of August and we had a great time. We were a party of 2 adults and 2 kids ages 11 and 13. Kids were always busy. The property is beautiful. Beach is beautiful. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. The restaurants were great. Our accommodations were in the 32 section which was perfect. We wanted to be near the beach and that was the perfect location for us. The property is huge and all of the reviews I have read about this property were true about needing a golf cart to get you from Point A to Point B but we never had a problem getting a staff member with a golf cart to take us to our destination. The staff works very hard here and it shows. Tips are greatly appreciated by the staff. We never minded tipping because the staff truly deserved it. The Paraiso Beach is right next door to the Lindo and it would be nice if the Paraiso Beach would allow us to use the Lindos pool/lazy river. Other than that, if you are looking for a simple, relaxing, inexpensive vacation as a couple, group of singles or a family with kids, Iberostar Paraiso Beach is the place for you.

Room Tip: Section 32 is the place to stay if you want to be near the beach and the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Clients,

On behalf of the Staff and management we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience at Iberostar.

We would like to thank you for choosing us as option for your vacation in Mexico. We are more than glad that you enjoyed your vacation with your family at our premises.

It is so gratifying to learn that you lived an amazing experience, this are the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future in your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I like planning vacations and I try to be very organized. We have been to the IB Beach resort 4 times and the Lindo once. I felt like it would be a breeze.

Well, 2 weeks into the trip, Funjet changed our non stop flight into a layover in Houston. It ticked me off, since I mainly booked for that reason. Oh well, we can adapt.

There were four of us flying out of Cleveland, including my sister in law who was in an aircast due to a broken foot. I really hated for her to be in that situation, however, that got us through all sorts of airport lines and customs in a jiffy.

At Cancun we had to wait 20 minutes for a shuttle. That is our longest wait yet. Once on the shuttle, it took 30 mins and we were the first resort to get dropped off.

At the IB Beach, they tried to sell us an upgrade to the Lindo for $175 per person. We declined as money was tight this trip.

After lunch at the buffet we headed to the pool. We had 3 other couples staying at the Lindo ( lucky ducks - Lindo was cheaper than Beach from their airports.) We were meeting at the center near the kid's club. Much to our surprise, it was closed off with caution tape. The area from the pool bar & ice cream to the bridge by the sport pool was all empty.

I must say that I was a little unhappy that they didn't mention this at check in. It made the upgrade they tried to sell us seem very shady.

It took us longer to meet up with the rest of the family, but we eventually found them. The occupancy must have been very low. There were plenty of chairs and shade even with this section unavailable. I still think it would have been common courtesy to inform us at check in.

They are going to rotate construction on the other 2 sections also.

The Lindo group came and met us for different meals and spent time at our pool. A week before the trip I Emailed both resorts and got the buildings I requested.

We all met at the Steakhouse for one dinner and everyone enjoyed. Then our Ohio group ate at the Japanese. Alberto was the chef and a great entertainer. Last year our chef was new and it wan't as fun. Our other meal was at the Seafood restaurant and also good.

The rest of the staff, as always, was friendly and helpful. They make the resort special. Even one of the construction workers came over and lifted the caution tape for us. We were cheating and cutting through the area because of my sister in law's cast. She was also able to get lots of rides without much waiting.

Another surprise was to hear another guest say that a crocodile was spotted in the ocean. With all the drinking, I must say I doubted it. When my brother in law told me he saw it, I was a believer.

This was our first Sept visit. Normally we go in June. There were many more Europeans and South Americans. There seemed to be more smoking but they are a lot less obnoxious and loud than most Americans.

All in all, it was a very relaxing trip.

Room Tip: We like Bldgs 32 - 34. We sepnd most of the day at the beach and pool. This is also far away from...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and other travelers your opinion of your stay at our Iberostar.

We would like to thank you for choosing us as option for your vacation in Mexico. We appreciate you sharing your opinion with other travelers. This is the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily.

It is great to know that you had an amazing time at the Resort and you enjoyed your stay with us. We are more than glad that having the maintenance of part of the pool was not an inconvenience and the Staff was always accommodating with you. We apologize you were not informed at check-in however, and this will be reviewed with our Front Desk Manager.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy again an amazing time with us.

odessa, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Front Service was ok
Bar Service was Great
The Room was Good
The Food was Great
Didn't' t realize the resort was that big. Lots of walking
Didn't know that this resort facilities is shared with the resort next to it.
A Pool area was under construction during our stay
Restaurant down by main pool was closed

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Clients,

We regret to know that the maintenance at the pool and the Snack bar being closed were an inconvenience during your stay. We also have the cal area pool open and the pool at the Iberostar Paraiso del Mar open with all the services available for our guests. As you mention the Iberostar Paraiso Mar & Beach share the same facilities, pools and restaurants.

As per the Snack at the pool, we have the Paraiso Beach snack open for breakfast and lunch; these restaurants change services every week during this season.

We hope we have the chance to welcome you back and offer you once again our service and restore the confidence in Iberostar Resorts.

Houston, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I went to Iberostar Paraiso Beach for his parents vow renewal and our wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the time together and with our family immensely; however, we did have some complaints about the hotel and will probably not be staying there again.

The Room: It would have been nice to sleep on a bed that did not feel like a mattress made of boards, needless to say most of our time was spent on the beach or excursions so the time in our room was limited but it would have been nice to have a decent bed to sleep on.

The Food: The food was mediocre at best, we ate at the buffet the days we did not have reservations at an on-site restaurant and there were very few mornings I ate more than bacon. I have a gluten allergy so maybe the breads and pastries would have sufficed if that is not a problem for you. Lunch and dinners were OK. We ate at the beach location for lunch and they had burgers, etc , not great but it was better than making the trek back to the buffet. The lunch and dinner selections at the buffet were better than breakfast since they had more things I could eat that did not contain gluten- still not impressed by the food quality. The restaurants on site were good, we especially enjoyed the Japanese Hibachi grill.

The Staff: The staff was really great to our entire family- Daniel and Nina were excellent and accommodating, they are great at what they do and without them our trip would have been much less enjoyable. We did have a mis-communication with dinner reservations the night of my in-laws vow renewal that resulted in an extremely rude gentleman who works at the Brazilian restaurant dismissing us and telling us there was no way to accommodate our family. After explaining the mix up to the hotel manager an hour later we were seated. He was the only completely rude and unreasonable member of the hotel staff we came across.

Overall: The vacation was still good- drinks being included is always a plus :) If we go back to Playa Del Carmen we will not be staying here due to the room and food quality. The staff was great (with that one rude exception) and great staff always helps to make your visit enjoyable.

Dear Guests,

On behalf of the Management of the Hotel Iberostar Paraiso del Beach we would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel for these special occasions.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your vacation and had an amazing time with your family during your stay at the Hotel. We regret to know that you did not enjoy your room and the breakfast buffet restaurant.

As per the bed, we regret to know the mattress was not that comfortable, the Housekeeping department has foam toppers for the bed to make them softer when the guests do not find them soft enough. We have already forwarded these comments to the Housekeeping manager as feedback for improvements.

At the Hotel, the Concierge can print you a letter with the information regarding your allergy, this letter can be taken to the Buffets, snacks or specialty restaurants and the captain of the restaurant or kitchen hostess would be able to cook something for you at any time. We understand that the variety of food can be reduced when having an allergy; this is the reason we provide this letter to increase the choices and make sure our guests enjoy their food.

We apologize for the inconveniences experienced at the restaurant and the service provided by the Staff at the restaurant, we have already forwarded your comments to the Food & Beverage manager and also to the management to take the necessary measures to provide a better service since this is not our standards and do not reflect the service Iberostar is proud to offer.

We will give all your nice and generous comments to the people that you mention, all this compliments are a great reward, so they know that they are in the right path and keep up with the hard work.

We hope you choose Iberostar Resorts for your next vacations.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Everything was great! I would recommend this place as long as you are capable to walk. This resort is so big and you need to walk which for us was great. There s lots to do for kids and the beach is beautiful white sand, plenty of chairs and space.The resort is very clean and so was our room. There is a great variety of food and it is very good. Thedmenus at la carte were great except fot the steakhouse. Too much fat on the meat. There are mosquitos so bring a spray.I would go back It s only 2o min from the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Clients,

We would like to thank you for choosing us as option for your vacation in Mexico. We appreciate you sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor. We love to receive these amazing comments from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily.

We have already forwarded your feedback to the Chef and his Staff, we regret to know that the Steak house was satisfactory for you. Be sure that your feedback will be taken into consideration for our improvement.

We hope you give us the chance to stay again at Iberostar; our Staff would be waiting for your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!