This was the fourth visit to Maroma, for my wife and I, and i must say it was incredible! When you arrive you immediately feel like you have been transformed into a peaceful paradise away from all the worlds worries and stress.The hotel grounds are impeccably well maintained. The room was kept spotless throughout our stay.It had an elegant rustic authentic Mexican feel to it The beach sand was powdery white and clean. The water was crystal clear.It is no doubt the most beautiful boutique hotel that we have ever stayed at, and we will always rate Maroma on the top in our book.If you like a quiet, elegant without being snobbish boutique hotel,there is none better.But lets get to the real reason it was outstanding.The employees of Maroma Resort. There is a pride and a passion at Maroma that I could see in every employee. They were happy to assist in any way shape or form, and did it with a genuine desire to please. The chef Juan Pablo Loza has created a culinary program that is excellent in every way. He is extremely talented, passionate and innovative as evidenced by every meal that we ate.The foods are all about Mexican flavors and ingredients and traditions. Every meal was presented by a well trained staff who were able to give you a little history of the ingredients and the origin (region) etc. of the particular dish. By far the best meals we have ever experienced at any of the more than 30 Caribbean resort hotels we have stayed at.Breakfast was an extravaganza of freshness and variety. You should go just for that experience alone.There was a different dinner theme every night. Waitstaff, members Moses,Alfonso, Miguel and all of the rest were outstanding! Alejandro and Hector at the beach service were totally "on it". The Maroma airport drivers were great. I could go on and on.
Smiles,pleasantness and excellence in every way are the keywords for Maroma Resort and Spa. We have been travelling the Caribbean for 35 years. Believe me, if you choose Maroma you wont be sorry, but you will be back!
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Maroma Resort and Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orient Express, Splendia, Travelocity, Booking.com, MexVax, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Maroma Resort and Spa by Orient-Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.