“Great place... amazing atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Da Elio Restaurante

Da Elio Restaurante
Avenida Eladia 7, Cabanas Elke | Dominicus Village, Bayahibe 00023, Dominican Republic
+(1)8295700034
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Bayahibe
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, International, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
“Great place... amazing atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The place has a really great homely feeling, the pasta was great, they sell "presidente grande" (655ml beer), the pizza was really tasty. The guy (Elio) has a really peculiar sense of humor and service was awesome.. My girlfriend loved the place as well. Long story short..great food with a nice ambiance.

• Visited June 2014

“Muy bien!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Just finished a 8 day stay In Bayahibe with my girlfriend. After we locateded Elio's restaurant er didn't eat any other place. The menu consists of multiple traditional Italian plates, the pizza selection is really good and the fish I must say is excellent! Grab yourself an El Presiente and give yourself a treat!

San Antonio, Texas
“Authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at the Wydham Resort in Bayahibe for our honeymoon. Honestly we did not do much research on the food that we would be eating when we stayed in the Dominican. We assumed we would have lots of opportunities to eat Dominican food. So we walked around the area outside the walls. In our quest we learned that the community surrounding us was an Italian community. So we got a recommendation for the most authentic Italian food and which led us to Da Elio Restaurante. This restaurant was a 2 minute walk from the resort. We had the best pizza we had ever had. We came back a couple nights later and than the owner recommended some ahi tuna that was so fresh and delicious. Best meal of the trip! We eat on the resort a couple more times but none of the restaurants could come close to the food that we had at Da Elio. We went back 2 more times and had another pizza and another time tried the pasta. If there is one thing I can tell people who are traveling to the resort it would be to stop eating the "all inclusive meals" on the resort and step out to the community and enjoy authentic italian food. The service, food and price is perfect for travelers. I never write reviews but this place needs to recognized for its outstanding food.

• Visited June 2014
Guelph, Canada
“Best capunata since Sicily”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was in the DR during the winter of 2014 but only found out about Da Elio during my last week in Dominicus. Four of us decided to try it out and may I say everything was so delicious. We didn't know what to order so the owner say to leave it to him. I had come for the capunata so I was ok with anything he would bring to us. Well the antipasto was yummy and what a variety but then he brought out a large plate of the capunata and so I was in heaven. We then had the Sicilian style fish, so good. My son who is a vegetarian had the pasta with sauce and I've never had tomato sauce so fabulous. ( had to taste a bit right). The price was perfect for a place that has white tablecloths and great service. I;m looking forward to going again next year.

• Visited March 2014
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Best in the town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Best restaurant in the town. Pizza, salads, steaks all was amazing. Service very friendly and there is a kind of family spirit.

• Visited March 2014