“C'est Magnifique 2” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Milan, Italy
“C'est Magnifique 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had lunch in Las Palmas the day before we left... what a pity find out such a place that late.

Gigi and Sylvie were soooooooo nice with us.... everithing was perfect.. the cocktail, the fishes.. the giant lobster, the dessert...

what a lunch!!!

perfect and amazing...

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“C'est Magnifique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We visited Las Palmas with a last minute reservation. We were received with warm welcomes and cold drinks. We arrived at the establishment around 7:30 PM and were finished with dinner around 10 PM. Gigi and Sylvie were very kind. We were promptly given a delicious rum punch. Dinner consisted of a perfectly seasoned foiled fish, and a baked potato featuring Sylvie's amazing sauce. My husband and I had the largest lobster/langostino which was grilled. It was perfect! The lobster is different from steamed lobster, but the chargrilled taste was amazing. Dinner ended with a grilled banana and banana liquor shot. The meal is $40 USD per person and we also had a $30 bottle of wine.

Gigi and Sylvie are the heart of the establishment. They are very kind and accommodating. While they are limited in their English, they made every effort to make us feel comfortable. This meal, these people and this establishment were the highlight of our La Romana trip!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome Romantic Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

When we first saw this place our buddy really wanted to try it because of it's ratings on TripAdvisor. It was one of the best decisions ever. The lobster dinner was 40 a lobster but it was so amazing and great for the price. Would definitely recommend. It was the best lobster I had in my life!

Visited June 2014
Zliv, Czech Republic
“Las palmas excellent restaurant with a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The restaurant Las Palmas we felt like at home. Upon arrival the owner nam Didi and Sylvie represented all the guests were very nice. Greeted us great drink and brought to the table. Appetizer was delicious fish baked in foil was followed by lobster with potatoes and garlic sauce was delicious. As dessert was flambéed bananas with liqueur. The whole night we felt great, we greet married couple from Waterloo you were very nice. Finally, power, and her love for Sylvia and Didi such people as you are little, you are amazing I wish you to let you long you can last you a special remembrance, and perhaps uvidime.Jitka and Petr.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hauppauge, New York
“Almost dined at Las Palmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

FYI this restaurant is only open during the weekdays and there is only one seating per night and you must make a reservation. We had the concierge at our hotel call the restaurant and there was a language barrier between the two parties. The person who answered the phone at Las palmas said they were open. So,we drove all the way out there from cap cana, on a Saturday ,(believing it was open) only to find it was closed. We ended up eating at the restaurant next door and we were very happy with the food. I wish that I had the opportunity to eat at las palmas but maybe next time. I do recommend that las palmas start a web page if they are going to be so highly recommended on tripadvisor. Also, when I was standing in front of Las Palmas, I decided to call myself and asked if they were open (yes, calling to see if a restaurant is open on a Saturday) and the gentleman said "si" while also sounding French. The restaurant was clearly closed and that was when a local informed me about there hours of operation. Then, I realized the original problem was a language barrier.

If you want to know why I rated it so high and I did not eat there. It is because I do not want to ruin there #1 rating but I felt others should not have to spend the $240 it cost to get driven there from cap cana only to find the restaurant closed on the weekend. Once again, I will recommend that the owner put something up on the web, regarding his restaurant , so people who use tripadvisor do not have the same experience that my wife and I did.

Visited November 2013