“A must if you are looking for perfect outside hotel dining in Bayahibe area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Palmas

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Prague, Czech Republic
“A must if you are looking for perfect outside hotel dining in Bayahibe area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Simply great. We did visit this lovely restaurant, located just next to the beach area of Iberostar hotel at Dominicus, based on TripAdvisor positive reviews. And reality was far beyond our big expectations.
In the end, we came twice during our 14 day stay and both evenings were awesome.
What to expect ? A couple will get for 80 EUR (or 100 USD) a 3-course delicious menu with grilled fish of the day, huge plate of lobsters and a dessert, a bottle of imported French wine, a huge glass of welcome coctail and depending on your thirst :) several digestive shots of local spirits. The plate of lobsters is really huge, you will need a few day relax from lobster meat, I guarantee that.
All prepared or served by Didier, the French owner, and his local staff, led by Maria and 2 cooks, who keep you and the other people all the time entertained and feel like being at home with best friends. Yep, the atmosphere around here is really like at home. Didier always introduces all the guests each to other so you have a chance to chat with people from various parts of world while enjoying a fab dinner. You just do not want to leave.
The main hit of the menu, fresh grilled lobsters, were the best ones we have ever eaten.
Make sure you make an advanced reservation, one day before minimum. Open at dinner time only, during day only a chance to take some drinks, no meals (we didnt try, just heard).
Good things need to be supported and this restaurant really deserves it.
Didier, Maria, thanx for a great time, if we ever come back to Dominicus, make sure you have a table for us available!
Jan and Pavlina (Czech Republic)

97% Recommend
Prague, Czech Republic
““amazing and friendly””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I love lobsters and eat them always on holiday (Cuba, Mauritius ...). Here I ate the best I've ever had. Juicy and perfectly flavored ones. Just delicious.

Totally amazing restaurant – so romantic, close to the beach, nice and friendly staff – the owner Didier, his barwomen Maria and 2 cooks – and a family atmosphere there truly dwells here. I felt here like at home.

Menu, just huge, consists of mega welcome drink, fish of the day as an appetizer, huge plate of lobsters, sweet desert and finally vitamin "R" as rum liqueurs are nicknamed here:-) Everything simply perfect.

It was great that we came back on the last night before departure to repeat our great experience. And guess what, we had another special and romantic evening once again.

If we ever return to Bayahibe, we will definitely come again! :-)

Didier, Maria and boys - thank you for two wonderful evenings, we really enjoyed them!

P.& J.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and myself dined at Las Palmas last Friday for our usual last night romantic dinner.We made our reservation with Gigi,the owner,and were told be there at 7.Upon arriving promptly at seven we were served a passion fruit rum drink.The drink was very good but with little rum.Being they only have one seating we waited until after eight for the last of the guests arrive.FINALLY we are seated as they put our lobster on the grill..then we wait,and wait,and wait. I know it is taking to long for the lobster to cook but perhaps the grill is cool. No such luck.The grill was scalding hot and our dinner was being slowly cremated.After being served it soon became evident the dinner is overcooked.I tried using a knife to extract the meat from the shell but was unable to as it was fused together.FYI we travel extensively in the Carribean and know the difference between cold water lobster and Carribean lobster.Although the warm water lobster is tougher this was due to the preparation.I politely pointed this out to Gigi and was told there is no problem and it is cooked to perfection.At this point I did not want to make a scene so we quickly paid our bill and left in hopes of getting dinner elsewhere.(2 1/2 hours after arrival) I write some reviews on TA and always try to be as honest as can be to aid other travelers. That beig said I always let the owner know of the review I will be submitting.If I'm going to give you a bad review I will tell you,face to face,first.No hiding behind a computer at home.I approached Gigi the next day to let him know of my feelings towards his establishment. And all of a sudden,Gigi,does not comprehend the English language that he spoke so well the night before.Its unacceptable and insulting.Diners beware and think twice before dining at Las Palmas.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach, Florida
“I need help trying to call them....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We are traveling to DR next week and would love to make reservations at Las Palmas. But I cannot get thru.....does anyone have any suggestion....I am calling from the US....I have been dialing 01.801.829.850.2665......is this correct?
Please help! :)

Visited April 2013
red deer, alberta
“a beautiful birthday and anniversay spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I had the opportunity to try this small restaurant on the Dominicus Beach not just once but twice in one week! We were greeted by the owner Didier and his wife Sylvie. They welcomed us into their beach side restaurant and settled us in with a yummy cocktail. that was then followed by fish cooked in foil over the open charcoal, then baked potatoe served with cream/onion /parsley, and then for the large lobsters, that were freshly caught. After gorging ourselves with all the food a selection of liquer was brought around. The set bill for all this was just 40.00 and worth every penny of it. We enjoyed it so much we returned to celebrate a birthday/ anniversary a few days later.

• Visited March 2013