““amazing and friendly”” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Prague, Czech Republic
““amazing and friendly””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I love lobsters and eat them always on holiday (Cuba, Mauritius ...). Here I ate the best I've ever had. Juicy and perfectly flavored ones. Just delicious.

Totally amazing restaurant – so romantic, close to the beach, nice and friendly staff – the owner Didier, his barwomen Maria and 2 cooks – and a family atmosphere there truly dwells here. I felt here like at home.

Menu, just huge, consists of mega welcome drink, fish of the day as an appetizer, huge plate of lobsters, sweet desert and finally vitamin "R" as rum liqueurs are nicknamed here:-) Everything simply perfect.

It was great that we came back on the last night before departure to repeat our great experience. And guess what, we had another special and romantic evening once again.

If we ever return to Bayahibe, we will definitely come again! :-)

Didier, Maria and boys - thank you for two wonderful evenings, we really enjoyed them!

P.& J.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and myself dined at Las Palmas last Friday for our usual last night romantic dinner.We made our reservation with Gigi,the owner,and were told be there at 7.Upon arriving promptly at seven we were served a passion fruit rum drink.The drink was very good but with little rum.Being they only have one seating we waited until after eight for the last of the guests arrive.FINALLY we are seated as they put our lobster on the grill..then we wait,and wait,and wait. I know it is taking to long for the lobster to cook but perhaps the grill is cool. No such luck.The grill was scalding hot and our dinner was being slowly cremated.After being served it soon became evident the dinner is overcooked.I tried using a knife to extract the meat from the shell but was unable to as it was fused together.FYI we travel extensively in the Carribean and know the difference between cold water lobster and Carribean lobster.Although the warm water lobster is tougher this was due to the preparation.I politely pointed this out to Gigi and was told there is no problem and it is cooked to perfection.At this point I did not want to make a scene so we quickly paid our bill and left in hopes of getting dinner elsewhere.(2 1/2 hours after arrival) I write some reviews on TA and always try to be as honest as can be to aid other travelers. That beig said I always let the owner know of the review I will be submitting.If I'm going to give you a bad review I will tell you,face to face,first.No hiding behind a computer at home.I approached Gigi the next day to let him know of my feelings towards his establishment. And all of a sudden,Gigi,does not comprehend the English language that he spoke so well the night before.Its unacceptable and insulting.Diners beware and think twice before dining at Las Palmas.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach, Florida
“I need help trying to call them....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We are traveling to DR next week and would love to make reservations at Las Palmas. But I cannot get thru.....does anyone have any suggestion....I am calling from the US....I have been dialing 01.801.829.850.2665......is this correct?
Please help! :)

Visited April 2013
red deer, alberta
“a beautiful birthday and anniversay spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I had the opportunity to try this small restaurant on the Dominicus Beach not just once but twice in one week! We were greeted by the owner Didier and his wife Sylvie. They welcomed us into their beach side restaurant and settled us in with a yummy cocktail. that was then followed by fish cooked in foil over the open charcoal, then baked potatoe served with cream/onion /parsley, and then for the large lobsters, that were freshly caught. After gorging ourselves with all the food a selection of liquer was brought around. The set bill for all this was just 40.00 and worth every penny of it. We enjoyed it so much we returned to celebrate a birthday/ anniversary a few days later.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Romantic setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The new restaurant that opened in 2013 behind the public beach area between the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace and the Iberostar Hotels is a truly quiet and relaxing beach setting. The owner Didier and his wife Sylvie greeted us (2 couples) with a warm and genuine smile. The four lobsters, which we had ordered the day before because they had to be caught by fishermen, were grilled in front of us. We retired afterwards to sit quietly with a liqueur. The fix price per person was $40, but well worth it. A good, full and delicious meal. An Argentinian couple had referred him. We'll visit again.

Visited January 2013