We stayed there for a week, a family of four. Over all, we had a great vacation, especially on our first all- inclusive resort.
The privileged room was great. It has a nice simple modern decor in the room. My room was good, but my parents room was the opposite. The AC didn't work for two or three days. They tried to fix the AC multiple times, and we demanded another room- there wasn't anything available except for the room by the lobby and on 2nd floor. They told us to wait until tomorrow, mean while the maintenance staff were still trying to fix the AC in the room. Oddly, the AC was fix the next day, so we were glad not to have to move. Some of the outlets were broken and my parents' room telephone was not working.
The food were great. My parents really like the buffet, especially when they had the Caribbean night theme. We all like the stew goat. The Italian restaurant was good. The terrace food was just okay, their sushi was horrible. The Mexican restaurant was just okay. The steak house was good. The bar was good, but the excursion (Marinarium) coco loco was better than the bar's.
The entertainment was just okay. It needs more entertainment at night! Especially for single people.
The staffs were great and very friendly.
The beach is beautiful and clean. The garden through out the resort is beautiful.
Over all, it was a nice experience at the resort. I will come back and recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus Hotel
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus La Romana
- Catalonia Dominicus
- Gran Dominicus
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus Dominican Republic/Bayahibe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus is an all-inclusive resort located on the south-east coast of the Dominican Republic and overlooks the white sandy beach of Bayahibe; 25 km. from the famous Caribbean art centre Altos de Chavon and 4.5 km. from the tiny fishing of Bayahibe, close to the Natural Park of the East, home of the biggest remains from the Island's first inhabitants, the Taino Indians; only 30 minutes by boat from Saona and Catalina both wonderful virgin islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Catalonia Gran Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.