I had come for a 9 day getaway with my parents to Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, I am actually still here and can't wait to go home. The laundry list of things wrong with this hotel is lengthy but I will try to touch on all of them. Let me start with the one positive, the beach is very clean, few waves, and overall not a bad place to go for a swim. But here are some negatives to keep in mind.
1. If you plan on having a spot in the shade on the beach, please prepare to be up at 6am, as by 7am all the lounging chairs that have an ounce of shade are reserved. When my mother attempted to share a piece of shade with some German tourists, one of the men in the group began to verbally and then physically assault my 110lbs mother, unfortunately I was not around at the time of the incident and I dare not say what I would have done to this person if I had seen them at this hotel, however my mother did complain to security, who were very eager to do absolutely NOTHING! I cannot believe that this man did not get any kind of reprimand from the hotel management, and I can safely say that that experience ruined the trip for her.
2. Food is the worst I have ever seen at any all-inclusive. I have stayed at several other Iberostar properties both in the Dominican and Mexico, as well as RIU hotels. There is no comparison this hotel is an Iberostar only in name. This morning the breakfast was served without any eggs, as they simply ran-out! Unless you like eating stale french fries and cold spaghetti every day, this may not be a place for you. And if you have any dietary restrictions forget about it. Only one of the three of us got violently ill from the food, so perhaps that's an upside to our stay.
3. Horrible Horrible service! The folks manning the dining and lunch areas are very quick to take away your old plate, but can't be bothered to ask whether I would like a drink with any consistency. The only service that is adequate is by the bar staff who are pretty quick to take your order and get you a drink, and if you come to this place, trust me you will need a lot of alcohol. The front-desk staff is atrocious, soliciting bribes for "VIP" building (ie 3,4,5). Furthermore, when the wi-fi here did not work for 3 days, the fix was only a few hours away. Also as I am writing this at 3pm, my room has still not been cleaned even though the "please make up our room" tag has been prominently displayed since 10am, so basically now instead of taking an afternoon nap, I have to wait for the room to be fixed! Ridiculous!
4. Unless you have sense of humor of a 5 year old you won't find the entertainment team amusing, they walk around the premises and act like annoying gnatts until you swat them away. Furthermore, the evening shows consist of either inappropriate humor or repetitive dancing programs. Keep in mind, if you have little children, these shows are not appropriate as they have included nudity, of course without any forewarning.
I wanted to write this review while all of the experiences were fresh in my mind. Please do yourself a favor don't come here. As a result of this stay I am having serious doubts that I will stay at an Iberostar property again, despite past positive experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on a fantastically beautiful, fine sandy beach. Around 5 km from the finish village of Bayahibe. Top 5-star luxury. Tropical gardens. Varied gastronomy. Water sports galore. Spa & Health Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, VISIT US, INC. , TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Hacienda Dominicus
- Iberostar La Romana
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Dominican Republic/Bayahibe