“2nd HoneyMoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Be Live Collection Canoa

You added Be Live Collection Canoa to your Saves list
Be Live Collection Canoa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Dominicus, Bayahibe 2973, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Bayahibe
new york
“2nd HoneyMoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

AMAZING!! We just got back yesterday & This hotel is very beautiful & clean... Everyone is very nice & pleasant...So my husband & I booked this hotel based on the reviews we read on here.... The food was ok... My favorite dish was the Japanese restaurant..& if your husband is like mine... He will be happy they DONT stress the fact to wear long pants & shoes like other resorts....it's always nice to dress up for dinner so he always wore a button down shirt with shorts... *shout out to my favorite worker Mateo!! He was my favorite :)

Stayed April 2015
Marco-Mazzucchelli, General Manager at Be Live Collection Canoa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Many thanks for choosing Collection Canoa for your 2nd HoneyMoon and to post a
review on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to know that we achieved your satisfaction, that you have
such a great memories and we hope our Hotel will always be your 1st choice
in Dominican Republic.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you want a quick cheap getaway and fairly quiet here ya go. staff is friendly to European groups but Canadians learn the lingo. lock your stuff up with the maids. I booked a king bed got 2 doubles but you can upgrade for a price oh great I'm sure I just spent $3000. Food is good and good dessert I'm sure I gained a few lbs. Beach was great raked every morning clean sand watch in the water for coral but the swimming area is all sand very nice. Entertainment was good great fire show for sure. Bring cash there machines don't except most chip cards had to go to the city LA Romana cool place or get it at the airport. Drink the blue Hawaiian great drink I think 20 should do lol. Bring your beach towels back everyday don't take them to your room the maid stole mine 40 bucks for 2 towels I paid. No I would not go again new people wanna try it for sure I don't know what you like make the best of it and it will be OK.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had just gotten back from our 5 day amazing stay at the Be Live Collection Canoa and we already want to go back!!! This place was beyond gorgeous and amazing!! The staff was always friendly and helpful. They would always greet us with a smile and excellent service.
Huge shout out to Snyder!! He was beyond great!!!! Thank you for all of your help, and planning our Surprise. It was the best!! The hotel room was clean, the hotel staff took care of all of our needs right away. When we 1st arrived we were asked if we wanted to upgrade our room for another 280$. We did and it was well worth it. We had a suite over looking the beach. Beutiful!!
The beaches were gorgeous!!! White sands and blue azure waters! I would 100% go back and stay here again!
Thank you so much Be LIve Canoa!!! We loved staying here and we had the greatest time! :):)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here April 18-25 2015 at this hotel.

Arrived at around midnight, was given a key to my room, and a map. Reception was not very nice, they refused to tell me where I am going or even show me where the building is located on the map, they just said wait for the bell boy, even though he was not needed since I pack light, so I was forced to go search on my own. I asked a security guard there and he was nice and took me to my room.

It turns out I was given a room in the new building. The room was very modern, the bathroom had a glass shower, and the water pressure was excellent. The only downside in my room was that there were two locked wooden doors which would lead to the neighboring rooms. The problem with that is if your neighbors are loud it will disturb you, which was definitely an issue. The both neighbors were most likely smokers so they spent the whole night and early morning coughing which was heard in my room. Room cleaning was OK.

I did not do any A la carte's, only ate at the buffet restaurant where the food was very good, a good selection of ham, juices, fruit, eggs, bacon at breakfast, and good lunch and dinner. I love passion fruit and there was plenty of it. Only issue with the buffet was that for lunch sometimes they did not have french fries on some days, the first couple of days the fountains that dispense the soft drinks did not work, and it was very busy.

The pool looked nice, but I am a beach person. The beach was gorgeous, white sand, palm tree lined beach, with bright turquoise blue water. But the beach was also very deceiving, because it looks sandy but when you go into the water there were a lot of rocks, so I recommend you bring water shoes with you. It was also very windy on the beach.

The grounds at the hotel are well-kept with gardeners working hard to water the plants, and collect fallen leaves, there is also a pond at the center where there are fish, turtles, ducks, geese, chickens, a rooster, and other birds which was really nice. The paths around the hotel were also well maintained.

The evening entertainment shows at the resort were terrible, among the worst of everywhere I have been, the entertainment needs to start on time, when you say 9:30 it means that is when it should start, no one wants a pre-show that starts late and takes half an hour watching them play games with drunk guests. It was also not very entertaining and boring.

Overall the hotel was very good, even though entertainment and reception were bad, but that could be improved. Perhaps one day I would return again, I took a walk down the beach where the other resorts are and this hotel seems to have the best part of the beach. And I really liked the food, especially passion fruit. It is a resort that I would recommend to people that are visiting this area of the island.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Marco-Mazzucchelli, General Manager at Be Live Collection Canoa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Many thanks for choosing Collection Canoa and for write a review on Trip Advisor.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience occurred at Reception; I assure you,
we will take care to don´t repeat it with other guests.
Happily, has not prevented you from enjoying the stay.

With all due respect, I do not agree with you regarding the shows; pleasing absolutely
everyone is almost impossible, but I think our evening shows are varied and of good quality.
As specified in the booklets, there is a pre-show at 21:30 and 15 minutes after the show begins.

Once again, thanks for your visit, your review and I hope you´ll return next season.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room had no electricity; even with the breakers turned on.
Cancelled my stay.
Their advertised rates are not valid at check in time.
Had to wait two months for my refund.
DO NOT stay at this Facility!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Be Live from April 9th - April 19th and loved every minute of it. First off we had already paid for an upgrade prior to arriving and for a very very small fee, (after the easiest bartering in history) we upgraded again and were pleasantly surprised. The first thing we noticed was the extreme lack of tipping from any of the other (mainly European) guests. As we had been on many previous vacations where tipping was the norm we continued to do so. After a few drinks while the rooms were readied we obtained our envelope from the front desk which contained two room keys (not one, like many other guests stated), a blank key card so you could leave it in the slot in the room while you were out so the air conditioning kept running, two towel cards and some information/map of the grounds. The room was great, clean, fancy enough for us, and had a great ocean view with quick access to the beach and pool and a nice jetted tub. The only advice for the room would be to run the jacuzzi a couple times before use as I don't think they get used often and also if you push the door handle up in the opposite position of open you will deadbolt your door. The whole block 15 seemed great and new as our whole group stayed in 15. The best part of the vacation was definitely the staff, Adrian our lobby bar waiter learned all 8 of us by name and always served us promptly and with care. On our last day we left him with a hefty amount of well deserved tips and gifts and he gave us all hugs and was genuinely sad by our leaving, as were we. The animation team was great at setting up activities not only for kids but adults as well especially a man by the name of L. Dicaprio. Whether real or fake name he did a great job. Hector and Alejandro at the pool bar were my go to guys and as no one else seemed to be tipping or even trying to get to know the staff a little went a long way and I did not find myself waiting long for a drink ever. We also befriended the manager, Frank Fritz at the Brazilian/Mexican restaurant, who was a riot and a very nice guy. He treated us very well and brought us lots of "le cocaracha" and the best mamjuana shots on the resort. We got to know him so well that he even let us walk in without reservation. As a usual group of 8 that had not happened in many other resorts. Another few honorable mentions of amazing staff had to be Leandro at the lobby bar, Kimberly at the mexican/Brazilian and the male photographer for the resort did an exceptional job as the wife and I booked a photo shoot. If you complained about the food in this resort then stop going on vacation. It was absolutely delicious everywhere we ate. Brazilian, mexican, Japanese, and the gourmet were all delightful and all had amazing and attentive staff. The buffet food was great as well and the only downfall was the "war zone" of a buffet line. Mostly caused by some very rude stuck up Europeans who somehow thought they should be served before anyone else, but being a 6'4" 240lb man I managed to navigate (push/knock over) any rudeness in my path. I would recommend the Sanoa excursion on the catamaran, you will not see a more beautiful Island with, of course, more of the amazing dominican people. The shops along the beach are very laid back and do not pressure you into anything l. We got very fair prices and if you bring baseballs, hats, shorts ect. You will be given amazing deals and have a good friend. All in all a 10/10 and I would actually like to make this resort a regular occurrence. Great people,great food, great time! I would recommend this resort to everyone thinking of going.

Thanks again to Adrian, you were a great addition the our trip. We never went thirsty even if maybe we should have!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Marco-Mazzucchelli, General Manager at Be Live Collection Canoa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Many thanks for choosing Collection Canoa and for post a review on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to know that our efforts have achieved your satisfaction and we hope
to receive your visit again in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First off, we were booked at the Viva Wyndham Dominicus next door, but got bumped to Be Live when they were overbooked. Worked out great for us! They put us in what was probably the lowest-grade set of rooms (18 block) but it was fine because we were only in there to sleep anyway.

A few tips that we had to figure out on our own because I hadn't planned on staying at this resort:

-Book all your dinner reservations the day you arrive, otherwise it'll be slim pickings the rest of the time, both for choice and time. We ate twice at the Japanese restaurant, which was fine. I wanted to try the Brazilian but we never got in.

- RENT A CAR. I cannot stress this enough. I think probably almost no one does this, since everyone we encountered was surprised we had our own vehicle. But it is great to hop in your car, phone gps in hand, and explore this beautiful island without relying on a taxi. It was actually cheaper to rent a car, even if we never left the resort, because a taxi to and from Punta Cana airport will run you $130 each way. You can rent a car for 4 days for $200 bucks. We had booked with Budget before leaving home, but no one was at the desk when we arrived and after waiting 20 minutes, got wooed by another rental company right next to it and ended up going with them.

- Now that you have your car, go exploring! We were recommended to go to the Caves de las Maravillas. Its an ancient cave almost a kilometer in distance, and very cool. We just showed up one morning, no reservation, nothing. The guides were kind enough to give us a tour in English, and I think it was $10 a person to get in.

- One other place we visited was this ancient amphitheater (well, built in the 80s) that I can't remember the name right now. But if you get the resort to email a reservation ahead for you, it will cost you $5 a person instead of the usual $25 they charge at the gate. This was a really neat place, with lots of things to do. Horseback riding, golf, hunting range, a beach, restaurants,etc. We didn't plan to stay all day, so we mostly just drove around the looked at everything. Its most definitely the Beverly Hills of the Dominican. Very swanky, million-dollar homes in this gated community. We drove down to the marina and walked around, admiring the 100 ft yachts. There's shopping down there, but I'm sure it was out of our price range. We were just there to window shop anyway.

- What we ended up doing was exploring on our own in the morning, then laying around at the pool or beach in the afternoon. It was heaven. But the beach chairs go fast, and people start reserving them first thing in the morning, so its hit or miss. The beach and water were breathtaking.

- My husband played tennis a few times with the tennis "teacher". No one else was slotted to play, and though its supposed to be free, we tipped him $20 each game for an hour of his time. Totally worth it to play someone at my husband's level of expertise.

- Be sure to have $10 in cash per person when you step off the plane. They'll ask for it almost immediately.

- The language barrier. We never found it to be a problem, but then we realize we're in a different country and did not expect everyone to speak English. My husband is French, and we found it to be more useful since neither of us speak a lick of Spanish. But a smile and a friendly Hola go a long way! I picked up a lot of Spanish while we were there. Just do your best, be patient, and you'll be fine.

All in all it was an awesome vacation and perfect setting for celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We were in the 18 block and it was simple, but clean and perfectly adequate. Very quiet even at nigh...