I will try to resume in an objective manner our nightmare experience.
They will promise you everything but in the end you will have only a a very disappointing.
Rule no.1 = Be aware of the Felippe, the photographer: several tourists noticed he tried to steal personal items !
Do not buy the photos from him, ever because
1.prices per photo are scandalous. The minimum price requested was 15 EUR for craps. Of course the company takes care NOT TO COMMUNICATE YOU the prices, so that you don't take pictures yourself during the excursion. So, at the end they kind of force you to buy crap-photos for 50 euros (60$)..
2. size of pictures is 250 to 330 kb ! it should be at least 2,2 mega. So there is a lot of pixelization and noise.
Mariposa should fire Felippe (the photographer) for:
1. Trying to sell the photos outside the agency, meeting with the victims secretly.
2. Making money for horrible quality photos: 300- 400 KB photos size ?? Is worse than facebook photos. When you try to put them on FULL SCREEN you can see all the "noise" because the photo-size is not way too small.
If I would have one advice only, this would be: do not buy from him, ever.
It's pure roberry and the management is covering Felippe. They asked us 50 EUR for 12 photos !!!! Moreover, the size of ALL photos was Facebook size (merely 350 KB) in spite of an impressing Nikon. Remember that a very simple camera makes now photos at, at least 2300 KB.
For the place visited:
- your back will hurt badly because of the solid plastic-uncovered seats, believe me. If you have more than 30 years old, you may need a doctor after: it's a high speed boat with no protection for the tourists backs. And beleive me that after 5 hours you will feel every vertebra.
- they tell you stories about visiting this and that, but when you arrive on the spot...."ah, the School is closed, the other things to visit are too far" and so on.
- the village visit is a totally orchestrated scam:the sell it as a typical selvage village, with no electricity, etc.... Look at the photos, they have even...solar panels !
- Food is terrible: CHIPS for breakfast !! The others firms are offering exquisite sandwiches and wine !!! Here you can have tap water.
-The most DIRTY life-jackets I've ever seen. Instead of red they were green at the neck, because of the dirt. See in the photos.
If you own or manage Mariposa Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.
- Manage your listing