We had a wonderful time during our stay at Cadaques Caribe resort. If you are looking for a beautiful, laid back, family-friendly resort, this is the place for you. There were always enough loungers on the beach and near the pool. Some parts of the beach were a little rocky, but if you go in near the pier, there is a nice sandy patch there where the kids loved to swim. The water is nice and calm. Our 7-year old and 5-year old would run all the way down the pier, enter the water from the stairs and swim to shore without a problem. There is also a trampoline and swing set on the beach for the kids to play on.
We stayed in a 2-bedroom/2-bathroom apt. with a full kitchen. We cooked many of our meals in the room (just easier than eating out with our kids every night.) Our building was close to the lobby and our view was of the pool and water park. You can pay to have internet service although it was slow. The room was very clean and the cleaning staff was very nice. The staff in the lobby speak English and are very accommodating. Rafael, in particular provided us with excellent service. When we called the resort before our arrival, he helped us secure our room on the top floor (per our request) and also helped facilitate a van to pick us up from the airport and drive us back upon our return. The van service was $120 to the hotel and $100 back, using the same driver. Rafael went above and beyond to make sure that we had a wonderful time at the resort.
We ate at the hotel restaurant a few times. We enjoyed our dinner both times, and the kids loved the pizza. We also tried the breakfast buffet and loved that too. There is another pool right outside the restaurant that we were able to use for the first few days, but then it was closed for renovation. It was not a problem, since we had the beautiful beach and larger pool and water park to use. The water park is not open all of the time, but if you plan your day around it, it works out nicely. Our kids really had a great time there.
The resort is situated next to a national reserve so there can be mosquitoes. Be prepared and bring bug spray. If you use it, you will be fine. There is also a small store on the premises where you can buy water, milk, bug spray, and other snack/food items.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the shores of Spain to the shores of the Dominican Republic, one of Europe's most authentic fishing villages has been recreated in an intimate setting of whitewashed buildings, quaint cobblestone streets, broad plazas and an abundance of colorful flowers. Cadaques Caribe Resort& Villas is tailored to vacationing families and couples who desire serenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas Hotel Bayahibe
- Cadaques Caribe Resort And Villas
- Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas Dominican Republic/Bayahibe