“Beautiful settings, fabulous beach, not inclusive and not-so-bad dinner menu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas

You added Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas to your Saves list
Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Americanus Dominicus, Bayahibe, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Bayahibe
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beautiful settings, fabulous beach, not inclusive and not-so-bad dinner menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We had a great room looking at the beach with fabulous sunsets. The hotel is located about 10 minute-walk from the Iberostar Bayahibe. The hotel has a different system of rooms, only 50 some hotel rooms and about 340 apartments. The back part off the hotel has a water park for kids and an endless pool. It has a small church and the hotel is designed as a Spanish small town. It will be incredible for weddings. The beach is clean, beautifully set, with plenty of chairs and small gazebos. It has a set of water trampolines and slides on the ocean right at the beach... a lot of fun. It is not crowded like Iberostar or Wyndham. Really a paradise! It also has a pier that ends in a gazebo with chairs... perfect place for sunsets. It has a small supermarket that only takes cash (It is not part of the hotel). However the little villa of Bayahibe is not far (short taxi drive) where one can find a couple of supermarkets in case one needs more variety of food. On the facilities there is a wine bar that offer food and snacks. One cannot charge to the room but credit cards and cash are accepted. The hotel has a restaurant by the beach with good dinners and lunches. The breakfast buffet needs some improvement. The staff is nice but sometimes really slow... that is common in the Caribbean. I loved the place!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the building on the front part of the hotel or ask for clarification when maki...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am glad you liked the facilities and your room was spectacular!!
I am sorry to hear that you had quite an ordeal with the restaurant and the front desk,(room type goes by request only) and I am truly very sorry this happened to you.
Rest assure that your comments will not go unnoticed, and that we will discuss it and re train all the staff involved to assure this won’t happen again.
I know you liked our facilities, give us another chance and we can prove to you , that we can provide a much better experience than the one you had. You are right this is perfect hotel for weddings…..Hope to have you back, Thank you.

Ronald M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I chose this resort due to the reviews read and looking for an isolated place where I could spend quality time with my girlfriend who flew over for the weekend after being away for 3 weeks. *When we arrived to the resort (at their check-in time) the room was not ready*, we were encouraged to go to the beach to buy them some time. We spent the afternoon there, they had some fun beach waterslides, the pier is great with a beautiful view, but you have to walk a little off property to access the non-rocky beach area of Bayahibe. The rest of the facilities are very nice and the spanish villa style suits the resort very well.

We did not receive the room described during reservation, it felt like a matchbox, it was a bottom floor room with NO balcony (seemed more like staff room since the medical staff was staying in the room next to us) and even after speaking to the manager they insisted the hotel was "fully booked" (with no other rooms available), even though the whole resort felt empty and many parts were closed due to obvious off-season.

Room issues: the A/C kept a moist ambient inside, the TV was not 42" and the remote did not work, there was no iPod docking station as described and requested ("none available" again according to manager). There was NO wi-fi inside or near the room I "had" to stay, so I had to walk to the restaurant and/or pool areas to access it. The bedding was above average (not premium as described), had to get extra towels, the maids were very helpful and nice. *The front desk and manager not so much at all.

Pool issue: Before leaving and checking out I wanted to TRY the pool waterslide, halfway up I was called out in rudely manner by the security because I wasn't wearing the appropiate bracelet for the day (which I didn't know of).

The Restaurant Grill and Gran Caffé were excellent, you must try the oven baked pizza, and their grilled seafood options. For italian/pasta dinner I recommend the Gran Caffé I'm not a particular fan of pasta but me and my gf loved our plates. The prices were very reasonable The attention by the Café and restaurant staff was top-notch. Also, the reservation included a complimentary buffet Breakfast that was average.
Another positive note: the entire resort/hotel sparkled for its cleanliness.

Room Tip: Definitely do NOT stay in the first room shown. Do try the oven baked pizza and Gran Caffé cooking.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jpack, General Manager at Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Dalvert,
I do appreciate your time to give us the experiences that you had during your most recent stay with us. I am sorry you encountered some issues with your room . I am glad that you liked the beach, and the water slides, the pizza, and the facilities in general. We always want our guest to have nothing but a great stay, and I have met with all managers involved to include reservations ,and front desk to avoid this to happen again. We just increased our coverage of the internet and I will follow up to assure that the coverage is adequate. I do hope you visit us again, and I look forward to have you back. Thank you

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

First thing to note: this is NOT an all inclusive resort!!! It's condominiums/hotel rooms - for condos it is great i'm sure but as a hotel, they are missing some key common sense things that make a hotel stay great. That being said, it was a really nice place, good beach (although a little bit rocky where you get in), lots of beach chairs on the beach and on a nice deck, great place to watch the sunset, quiet for relaxing, fun water slides, food was good with quite a lot of variety, and the staff was really nice although under-informed about most things you wanted to know. our room was pretty small but the bed was very comfy (i would recommend asking for an upstairs room as we were on the ground floor and it was ok but not the best). the shower also left a lot to be desired - not a nice shower head and it took at least 10 minutes to get hot water but once it was hot it was good, the water pressure was fine. there was a small kitchen in the room but no utensils or pots/pans. they do bring you water every day so that was a nice surprise.

onto the difficult part however - we booked a semi all-inclusive package which was good, but got confusing - the front desk had NO idea what was included in the package and we kept having to go up to get all of the vouchers - and wearing paper wristbands for 4 days was not very nice. we were also supposed to get a 'welcome drink' and we never got it. we did end up getting all of our food vouchers and water/coke was included with the meals but no alcoholic drinks. they also didn't tell us at first what time each meal voucher was valid for so that led to some confusion....

overall, the resort is really nice, very good place to relax and do NOTHING and enjoy the beach and the views and the quiet and the sun - the pools are great, too and we even went to the mini water park which was fun (once we got the right wristband and they let us in...)! however, although the wait staff and bar staff were really great, they were not well managed and no one seemed to know what was going on or what you were supposed to get for what and when. they need better management of the hotel part of the resort.

it's also definitely a place for couples or families, wouldn't be too exciting to go with just friends if you're looking for a lively vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room!
Dear Celia,

I am glad that you took the time to write to us, and I do apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your most recent stay with us. I have met with the management and staff involved, and corrective measures will take place to avoid this to happen again. I am glad that overall you relaxed and enjoyed Cadaques, and we do look forward to have you back soon. I promise you a good welcome drink! Thank you.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

The Good: The beach is the best in the area. The Iberostar and Viva Wyndham hotel beaches were horrific...very rocky. Cadaques was gorgeous and while the ocean water park took away from the view, the beach was white sand and yummy on the feet. You can walk to the right for a half mile of great beaches (after a hundred feet or so of crap) before you get to rocks. There are a couple of man made reefs that are mature enough to be home to some small fish which made snorkling fun.The staff was great. Raul is the best bartender in the Dominican. Francisco, Ricchi, Randy, Felix, Yesica were all very delightful. Most didn't speak much English but they really want to please. The pizza was great, Rum (RON) punch was yummy, and room was clean. Try the Ceviche and/or Salpicon. Yum.

The Bad: Not much except that I agree with other posts. I think there was a bit of false advertising. We didn't get a king room. We had the option to after we complained but the ones that were available were fairly far from the beach. Also,we thought there was beach side massages. When we went to the Spa they said they couldn't do it (although the next day we saw one set up on the beach...maybe lost in translation). They weren't able to do a couple massage either. We did groupon and the free breakfast tickets were a disaster. Very disorganized and we agreed with one other american couple: "Meals were the most stressful time" because it just didn't seem like they had the process down. Everything is in Spanish so if you don't know spanish you basically have to ask what everything means. Not sure they are totally ready for Americans. Also, drinks are made a little different than the US. Ask for a lot of ice in your iced drinks (pina colada, daiquiri, etc) and just a bit of milk with your coffee. They tend to put the inverse amount of what we do in the states (lots of milk, a little coffee). Don't expect to do much while you are here. There isn't much beside laying around. Bring your own sunscreen. Its $20. While a GM response to this same critique on another trip advisor post, was that they had lower cost options at the mini market....they don't.

The ugly: So there are a lot of Italians that own places at the resort or stay at the neighboring resort. They like to go topless so beware...most not all that great to look at. DON'T go to Bayahibe. It's sketchy and if you are with a pretty lady like I was they will look her up and down like a piece of meat. Not comfortable.

Recommendations: Do horse back riding but go on the National park route. You can do some beach riding. Tip the servers and bartenders as they make next to nothing in salary. HOTEL RECOMMENDATION: You guys are giving up so much money by not having servers on the beach asking for orders. We had to walk up to the bar whenever we needed a drink which inevitably cut down on our drinks. I would have spent another couple hundred bucks while I was there if we had the option to order more easily.

Dear Andy,
Thank you for mentioning all the great employees that help you and your wife during your most recent stay. I will recognize the employees for their efforts and service they provided you.
I do appreciate taking the time to give us your impressions of the hotel, and I do apologize for some of the issues that you mentioned. I must tell you that we have put in place some of the concerns that you encountered with us. We have now the set up of the massage at the beach. The menus in English arrived, and also the employees are taking mandatory English classes daily. We do not allow topless at our resort, and I have spoken to security and beach staff to reinforce it. In addition we have added another beach server to handle the service at the beach and the deck as well. As far as Bayahibe, there are great restaurants near the beach on one side, and plenty of nice bars by the beach to watch the fisherman come…….Next time in Cadaques I will make that American coffee for you! Thank you again!

Weston, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

If you are picky like me please read this review carefully. I decide to book this hotel after reading probably 20 reviews. I agree with all of them. Cadaques is the most CLEAN resort I ever stayed. A true paradise. Their staff made me feel like a princess. The rooms were impecable. The beach is crystal clear, family friendly but at the same time relaxing for people like me that are looking just to disconnect from the rest of the world. The pool was ALWAYS CLEAN. The drinks were inexpensive and very well done. The restaurant was super comfortable. The breakfast specially the coffee were out of these world. It was calm and quiet (I slept like a baby everyday) but at the same time joyful. I had the pleasure to meet a lot of people.I work with patients everyday and I am well trained in customer service and patient satisfaction, this people are the vivid example on how to treat a guest. Special thank you to Sifreddy: he was always anticipated my needs and made me feel like a princess, thank you Randy: my coffee cup was always full with fresh coffee, thank you Carlos: your management skills are amazing (he treated all his staff so nice that everybody was happy working around him), thank you Laura: you are so sweet, smart and kind. The biggest thank you to Maritza: I always had a clean room, fresh towels, fresh flowers and water (she is an example for me, always with a smile) and thank you Francisco (he arranged all my transportation, called me the day before my trip and the day of my trip to make sure I was ok, he went the extra mile even without knowing me). After the impression they left on me I will definetely come back this time with my mom :) and have another massage with Wanda (she has great hands). Have I mention how clean was the spa? I really really had a great time.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor AC working great, clean and quiet
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We traveled here in February (2012). It was definitely off-season. I can't see why, because Feb seems like a great time to leave New England, but at this resort, it was off-season. This meant, as other reviewers have pointed out, that many of the resort's amenities were closed. The mini mart was open approx 10-4, and not on Wednesdays. The medical clinic was closed, as was the game room, the art gallery, and the kid's water park. But, the spa was open, the wine bar, the restaurant/grill, the tiki bar, and the pools, and you could have these places practically to yourself. The staff to guest ratio was always at least 1:1, sometimes 3:1.

The resort is about 20-min ride from La Romana. We took the "Express" bus from Santo Domingo to La Romana, and when we arrived there, one of the city guides (in blue polo shirt) hadn't heard of it. We found out later that the place used to be all condos, and had just recently added hotel rooms. It was an adventure getting a taxi there, and once settled, we didn't want to leave. We ate all our meals at the restaurant on-site.

The views really are beautiful though, and made everything else worth it. The water was warm, and I spent all my time on the pier. We walked past some of the other resorts, and I have to say they all looked very crowded and busy, and had no pier; Cadaques was so peaceful and quiet. I'd love to see it in full swing during the high season, too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Akron, Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Cadaques offers breathtaking views of bright blue water, the beach area is paradise! The infinity pool is huge, with plenty of lounge chairs to sit and soak in some sun and let the day pass you by. We ate at the Ocean View every day during our stay, the quality of food was excellent. Be sure to try the Civiche. Pricing of food is very reasonable, a good value.
The Staff was extremely friendly & accommodating to our every request. They took the extra step to make you feel right at home.
The accommodations are very modern and clean.
Be sure to take time to break away and do one of the many excursions that are available.
The Resort also has a Spa on site, all though I did not enjoy a service a few folks in our party raved about the massage they had.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!