The good.... Beach was nice, but crowded. Grounds were well kept. Food was beautifully prepared. Roads are much better than they used to be. Staff were friendly, but didnt speak much English.
The bad..... Most of the buffet food was tasteless. I pretty much lived on pizza for a week. You had to pay extra to eat at some of the restaurants. Our room had mold on the ceiling, and all over the curtains. It was so damp that our towells and batheing suits NEVER dried. The air only comes on when you are in the room, so if you are very hot and looking for a cool room, you will come into a hot room. They dont know what a wash cloth is. The sliding door was broken in our room and stayed open about 6 inches until my husband fixed it. The bed was lumpy and horrible.
I think some of the rooms were updated but when we asked for an upgrade they said they were full, which I do not believe.
Do not let them talk you into listening to their time share spiel. They want WAY more than a normal time share and do NOT give you the gift that they promise when you sign up. Its a bunch of bull.
The drinks were HORRIBLE. No American brands, just bad tasting so called alcohol. There was one bar where you could get some good whisky and rum etc, but they charged $10.00 per drink. The only way this place stays open is the cheap price. In my opinion, shell out another couple hundred and go to a NICE place. I certainly wish we had.
If you are an American, you will be a minority. NO ONE speaks English. They are German and Italian and very rude. They will run you off the side walk and not move over to pass.
Driving from the airport to the resort is about 2 hours of pure terror!! They drive like maniacs. I was scared to death.
I travel a lot , about 5 times a year and hardly ever put up a bad review. Folks SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO ELSEWARE.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach Hotel Bayahibe
- Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach Hotel
- Wyndham Hotel Bayahibe
- Viva Dominicus Beach
- Wyndham Resort All Inclusive Bayahibe
- Wyndham La Romana
- Bayahibe Wyndham
- Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach Dominican Republic/Bayahibe
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, AsiaRooms, Otel, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.