if you are looking for a beach holiday with nothing to do but think of where or what your next meal is then this is a fab destination......
this is not the first time that i and hubby and friends have stayed at 'dreams' la romana, we were last there 3 yrs ago before the up grade and did have reservations that putting in a new block of rooms and pools might just spoil the place, but my answer to that was no way.
our start from gatwick was a bit slow due to a flight delay !! but ho hum... we eventually got to dreams very late but the following day felt we were right at home.... as i said having been there before we had our routine and we knew the layout very well
the improvements are just wonderful. our room was just like some of the pictures already on here and very comfortable... the shower was just wow !!!
the beach is just the same and the sea is amazing.... for me in the carribean its the best, mainly sand and not many fish !!!!
we always used the world cafe for breakfast and lunch .... this is buffet style and has a varied range of english, american and continential dishes.... the staff are very aimiable and always pleasing.
evening times would start of at the main pool bar as its cool and then venture off to the restaurant..... mexican is ok, the oceana is a fish restaurant not really for me but if you enjoy your fish then carry on.
the italian and french we top of our list.... not just as the menu is delicious but the waiting staff and hostesses are great fun.... outside these restaurants are lovely comfortable lounges with a bar .
the seaside grill has a lovely menu however lunch time is abit hit and miss as service is slow..... the evening is not too bad we had one very good and one not so good meal but dont let that put you off....
as there is spa at the resort then i strongly suggest that you try it out after you arrive and before you leave. prices are in dollars and on a par in the uk, however, they do have deals of the day which i managed to take advantage of. starting off with an aromatherpy massage, managed to fit in a hot stones one too, and before i came home managed to have a relaxing massage, mini facial and pedicure!!!!
this is a wonderful place for 2 weeks of sun sand and relaxation..... with a wide and varied choice of food !!!!!
a few tips...... always tip good service, a few dollars of appreciation, always try to speak a little spanish 'hola' to any member of staff, the gardeners, or maids even goes a long way.
dont be put off by the 'sping breakers' or some of the other guests that can be rather loud depending on their nationality !!!!
if your looking for a special place to get married then check it out a sunset wedding nr the sea and your very own party in one of the restaurants .....
dont be put off by any of the negative reviews, this is a lovely location and hotel with a few improvements ..... just relax and enjoy ........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe