Well.. What can i say. I was a little worried by some reviews as I always check them out before travellng and all I can say is..... People love to moan about ANTHING & NOTHING!!
The hotel was FAB! extreamly clean and well maintained. Slight issues with wet floors but that was due to the out of ordinary really bad weather in May while we were there!
For a change at the pool you dont get tiny flimsy plastic cups to drink from, they have pint size or cocktail hard plastic cups, so much better than other all inc ive been to. They even served Bombay safire Gin, Absolute Vodka & Jack Daniels and a few other well known brands (which ran out quick due to greedy bingers but re-stocked every few days) however the local versions were more than ok. I reccomend the mohito or the frozen Margarita or the banana Mamma! YUM!
You must try the local tipple - especially the men - MAMMAWANA! They will tell you it is like Viagra but that seems to be a myth and it tasted ok. You can buy wine if you prefer however the house red/white was great and in the all inc.
Was amazing - you rarely get a all inclusive that includes 7 al a carte reataurants that you do not even need to book for and can go as many times as you want. They do alternate opening nights but you can get round them all. All you do is walk in and if they are busy you get an electronic thingy alowing you to go where you want in the complex for a drink and then flashes when your table is ready (How Cool). The buffet was lovelly too. They also make some food to order which they cook infront of you. we had some great steak in there. Breakfast was good too,the omletts were huge! normal funny bacon/sausages you get when you are away - like fried bacon rind and fried hotdogs hehe. other than that I dont understand why people winge!! Why book all inclusive if you hate buffets and repetative food! however here there is penty choice anyway- i reccomend the steak from the french restaurant and DONT try the frogs leggs - im not fussy a but they were gross!! The deserts are the only thing I would say were aweful - funny jelly tasting cream stuff - prob to stop the melting!
Oher Nice to knows:
*Pool Towels are provided and changed any time you want - dont lose it ($30 fee)
*I was told Factor 15 suncream was free however I had to ask for it but got some from reception
*Fridge stocked with Beer, sprite, coke, diet coke & Water (The bottle opener is in the cupboard on the wall next to fridge - found it on the last night heh)
*There is a hairdryer & Aircon in your rooms
*You do get asked daily to participate in Spa/activities/quad biking but pleasantly declne and they leave you alone......until the nexy day (Just pretend your asleep!!! It works)
*There are mini stalls that appear some days selling jewellary and the beautiful dominican stone and paintings by the beach. Worth a little look!
*Take insect repelant and tummy tablets. The tablets are a godsend to our weak english tummys.
*There is an iron and ironing board in your room.
*It costs $100 per night to upgrade and you dont get much more apart from a bit posher room which your never in and an exclusive pool (BORING)
*Try the Kayaking and pedalos - they FREE as well as snorkelling equiptment and a few other water sports.
*Hopefully you wont need to see the doc, I bumped me head and leg and he tried to charge me to look at me bumps!!! NO WAY!
*You must go to the pier to watch the sun set - its amazing!
*They sometimes have the buffet around the pool instead of the usual place. It was sooo nice.
* The casino is small but fun - SO SERIOUS!! heh
*he nightclub is nice and will ahe a laugh in there.
*Room service is 24hr and all inclusive WHAWOOO- you must try it, its great.
ALL IN ALL. I LOVED IT!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe