“Two weeks in paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams La Romana

You added Dreams La Romana to your Saves list
Dreams La Romana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bayahibe | P.O. Box 80, Bayahibe, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bayahibe
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Two weeks in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Firstly I will start by saying this is a return visit , which is very rare for us ,but we spent a week here in March 2011 and vowed to return ,now November 2014 here we are again and we've not been disappointed
Our flight was some three hours late arriving so we were more than ready to arrive at Dreams
The greeting with a glass of bubbly was very welcoming and within minutes we were in our room overlooking the pool with as requested a sea view
From here on in there was nothing that was too much trouble for any member of staff we came into contact with cleaner, maintenance man, entertainment team,barman,waiter or chef they were all happily committed to providing anything we required for us to enjoy our holiday
We have travelled to a significant number of All Inclusive resorts throught the world and would have no hesitation recommending Dreams La Romana
Yes we had to wait some evenings to be seated in the restaurant of our choice but in the two week period we were there I think the longest we waited was 20 minutes and with a bar next door that was not a problem and like they say GOOD things come to those that wait and my word the food is good
After dinner could be spent in various ways sampling the to die for cocktails in the lobby watching the nightly show or just finding a quiet corner and chillin
The entertainment team spend probably 2/3 of the day dreaming up and performing shows which although not West End or Broadway were very pleasing to the eye and lots of fun they performed a different show every night we were there and whilst we didn't attend everyone the ones we did were excellent
I could go on complementing the various parts of hotel but the only real way to experience this is to stay here
I'm finding it difficult to come up with something negative but then I realised our two weeks is almost up and in 36 hours we'll be home and I can think of nothing more negative than the thought of leaving Paradise

Room Tip: Ther are always going to be people who get a kick out of moaning but trust your own gut feeling So...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,159)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
wotnoketchup
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned from another dreams resort, this time from la Romana after visiting dreams palm beach twice before. The resort is a little older but in my opinion a little bit better, stunning beach and sea, loads of stuff to do and the staff cannot be faulted. The resorts are immaculately kept and spotlessly clean and there is something for everyone, I have to mention the staff because they make such an effort, many thanks to Rocio Playa, Ronnie coffee boy and Belkis Fruta, your all 5*,

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
twigster100
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had read reviews about Dreams La Romana before booking our holiday, and they were partly the reason we decided to book; so we felt we should write on our return too. Put simply, this hotel is everything it says on the tin. An all inclusive resort, with lots of different restaurants, a beach, lots of great pools and even more great cocktails!

Overall the holiday was really good. We upgraded to Preferred Club - definitely do this when you make the booking if you can as the price we originally had was cheaper (only £80 each) than what we ended up paying at the hotel. The main pluses are the unlimited wifi, beautiful setting for breakfast by the sea, and the 'private' beach (next to the main beach but you get nicer sun loungers and palm umbrellas - much needed when the rain comes down!). The private pool is lovely, but does get busy; ironically busier than the two main pools.

The hotel is spotlessly clean. The only downer for us really was the food; which contrary to other reviews was not particularly good, and certainly not up to scratch for a 4-5* hotel. We won a romantic dinner for two where we had the best food we'd had all week - not sure if it's worth the $200 though.

Staff were friendly and happy to help, but things did get lost in translation sometimes. I fell ill while we were there (nothing to do with the food) and even got a call from room service asking if I'd like anything else to be sent up to the room to make me feel better!

Overall, a good week all round, and if you're looking for a getaway where you can do nothing or be as active as you want (they have a jam-packed entertainment schedule) it's definitely worth considering.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Well i'm going to moan a lot within this review BUT I will end on some positives if you want to skip to the end.

Moans:

* Arrival - I arrived to find that a room had not been reserved for me (bearing in mind this had been booked for 6 months previously). After a long journey I just wanted to get to my room yet this was delayed by 45 mins or so.

* Room - my room was one of the best I have ever stayed in. Roomy, comfortable bed, high ceilings. HOWEVER, it was directly behind the entertainment stage meaning I was either kept awake until 12pm or woken up very early every morning.

* Restaurants - this is what ruined the holiday the most for me. The restaurant has a no reservation system which one of the best selling points for us. BUT what they do not tell you is that some restaurants are closed every night. Our first week was a nightmare, we could wait up to 2 hours to be seated - and then the service was so SLOW I would be falling to sleep at the table dying of thirst. Some nights we noticed that some people who arrived after us were seated BEFORE us. I went to complain to concierge. Their solution was for us to tell them which restaurant we would like to go to before 3pm on the same day and they would reserve us a table. Sure enough we walked straight into the restaurants for the remainder of the holiday. DISGUSTING. Also, after talking to some other residents from America, it seems common practice to have this preferential treatment.

* Service - I would say 95% of the staff were miserable, overworked and rude 100% of the time. Apart from Bennie in the main restaurant - Lovely guy.

Wasps - wasp infestation in most of the bars - be careful. Many of the staff are stung on a daily basis, I felt so sorry for them.

Positive Points:

* Location and scenery - beautiful, paradise. Very well kept beach, raked every morning.

* Food - French, sea-side grill and Pan-asian TO DIE FOR. Very good. Couldn't complain about any of the food in the restaurants. The fruit boat on the beach was AMAZING, and the woman who serves on their is one of the nicest members of staff.

* Coco Cafe - very good coffee, good service (warning: addictive cookies).

Sunloungers - plentiful, didn't have to fight for them for the whole holiday.

Recommended trips:

*The natural swimming pool - one of the most spectacular places i've ever been to. Swarming with star fish. A memory I will treasure forever.

*Snorkeling around the pier - you can rent snorkels from the diving stand. Take a banana with you :) the fish love it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
nassau county
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This resort was very clean, the food and service were very good, and the water beautiful. The activities were fun, especially the aerobics with Picasso and Campbell. Joan kept the gym clean and in good order. Communication was difficult at times with the restaurant staff, maintenance and housekeeping, which required someone to interpret what we needed. Overall, the trip was enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Sheerness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel staff just could not have done any thing more to make our stay so nice.the main pool bar staff so good ,Carlos ,Evelyn,yabakis work so hard ,all the staff in the diners just want to please you the food is excellent,if you go there go and see Anna in the Asian she is so good,the animation team also are so good we had such a laugh with treasure,usher and Eddie Murphy give it a try we are going back 2015 and our friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean and good
Dallas, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Ok here is the good and the bad...

Bad: My husband and I both got food poisoning on the trip. The beginning of our trip was great but after our "romantic dinner" the two of us became incredibly sick!! Fever like symptoms and couldn't leave the room for an entire day. The symptoms lasted for about a week so be very, very conscience of what you eat while visiting. Don't order drinks at the restaurant that aren't pretty basic. I ordered dirty martinis with dinner at two different restaurants and not sure what the heck was in that glass.
Good: The staff is wonderful, especially Treasure!! All are friendly and helpful with the guests. The resort is beautiful, feels like paradise there. Guests are provided with entertainment throughout the day with endless activities. While we did get sick, I will say that I appreciated the amount of food options in the resort. Guests are able to try a wide variety of foods in the restaurants.

TIPS: Don't forget hair spray, conditioner, tampons,etc.These items are upcharged like crazy if you have to buy them at the resort... Bring a tumbler or something for the bartenders to fill instead of being served tiny drinks from the bar, save yourself trips to the bar... Make sure you order everything WELL DONE!... Don't go outside the resort. We did a horseback riding excursion through the resort, which we felt was a responsible price. The guide was great but the actual trip was a bit sketchy. The horses looked malnourished and part of the trip is riding on the busy streets with cars going around you.

As I read this aloud,it sounds like we didn't have a good time. That isn't the case, I just want everyone to be aware to ensure your that your trip here is amazing. The resort and staff are great but I'm not sure that we would go back simply because of the food poisoning. Had that not happened then this place would receive 5 stars and a return visit from us.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams La Romana? Share your experiences!