“Wow... just incredible.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams La Romana

Save Saved
You added Dreams La Romana to your Saves list
Dreams La Romana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bayahibe | P.O. Box 80, Bayahibe, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bayahibe
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wow... just incredible.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This was my first experience with an all-inclusive resort, and it exceeded my expectations by a ton. The many restaurants available were all fabulous. The quality of service was over the moon, and server Bienvenido "Benny" Cordones treated my wife and I like royalty. The activities, food and drinks on the beach were such a treat. The accomodations and the housekeeping staff were all wonderful.

Room Tip: Room was selected for us, and it was just fine.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,083)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Prince George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here with my husband and another couple in August. We had the best time. Its a tad nit far from the airport since United Airlines stopped service into Santo Domingo's airport. When we arrived the staff meet us at the door with greetings and champagne. They were so super nice and friendly and made us feel so at home, Our check in was painless and quick. I think that its a great place for couples and families to. We stayed in the preferred club honey moon suite, which was amazing. We had a welcome letter and basket of goodies in the room upon checking in and the decor on the bed was very sweet, made form our robes, slippers and rose petals. Every day house keeping designed our bedding and curtains different ways that were so creative, we almost didn't want to sleep on the bed and mess it up. Although everybody speaks Spanish it was great to meet and interact with a different culture. They had activities every day and night, you will definitely not get bored. One thing I loved is that the let you meet all the management staff in a really nice beach front reception. Wifi is free and available throughout the resort.The grounds were beautiful and well kept.

Later on the first night we had an issue in our room with mosquito's. We called management and they sent somebody immediately to spray our room. While waiting for her we noticed that our AC unit was not pumping cold air. They sent a repair man right away. We unfortunately couldn't get the issues resolved and they moved us to a different room right away, with no problem. They even offered us an upgrade to the top suite for an amazing price. We couldn't of been happier.

The had several different restaurants and bars. We got to eat at all of them except one. The food was great. The resort had a cocktail of the day everyday which was awesome. They had every kind of food you can imagine. We enjoyed the 24 hr room service and issue with that was a few times once our food was delivered it was cold. There were no microwaves in the rooms so that was kind of annoying.

We enjoyed the nightly shows, and Kathy who works for the excursions company was awesome. She made us feel like family. I got to meet Jenny G (a wedding coordinator) she was so nice and friendly, it was great to meet who I had been emailing all those months. We loved that the preferred club had their own pool and concierge area, we will never stay unless its in the preferred club again. It was worth every dime. We had a romantic dinner at the gazebo on the grounds which was amazing. The food, the service, everything was great. It rained really bad for 2/3 days due to the tropical storm coming, but we still had a great time. We did a spa day which was very nice. The facilities and options were great. And the prices were reasonable. We also did a photo shoot with the photographer there and the pictures were awesome.

While I was there I ran into a couple that claimed to have such a horrible time, their needs were not meet and they would never return. After hearing their story I cant say the same. We had a great time and we will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Preferred club is awesome
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A all crew and i Went for vacation to dreams la romana.. after my sisters wedding and I absolutely loved it. So clean. Customer service oriented. Wonderful amenities. Clean pool and beach. Check in was pretty quick. And very informative. The person that checked us in Was very detail oriented. Explained everything to us. The best part of my trip there was meeting a staff member named "la bomba" ... he made sure our stay was more than perfect. He went above and beyond to make us feel that we were at the best place for a vacation. And I want to thank him for that. Because people that can entertain you like that are hard to find, he should definitely be promoted. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody. And I would definitely will go back. Specially if the hotel keeps having nice staff people like "la bomba".

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my second trip to Dreams LR. The first was in September 2012 (review on tripadvisor).
This is still the best resort I have stayed at. The overall setting of the hotel, the beach, the staff, the food - its all fantastic. Theres no point in me going through every detail again as its all already here, so i shall only focus on the aspects which are different this time around:-

Room
On my last visit i stayed at the preferred club. This time i had a standard Premium Deluxe room. The differences are minor. The bedding and curtains are different. The lights are different and the floor tiles are different. Although I do have to add the tiles in the preferred club rooms do look much better - and cleaner (I dont think they actually are any cleaner - just the polished while makes it look cleaner!). I never actually spent much time in the preferred club on my last trip as it was a bit dull! Only advantage i can think of is free wifi - which you have to pay for if not preferred.

Thats actually my main complaint with the resort. Its supposed to be 5 stars - and in every other way it is - but it really should have complimentary wifi for all guests. Very poor that it does not.

Coco Cafe
This improved quite alot since my last visit. The selection of pastries etc had grown. Its really every bit as good as Costa or Starbucks (and obviously free which makes it better?!)

The Main Pool
The pool itself hasn't changed, but the activities have. Once a week they have a water balloon fight in the pool which was quite spectacular. Literally hundreds of balloons are thrown in and then all h~$l breaks loose! Was really good fun.

Bars
The bars haven't changed but there was a new cocktail going around that I hadn't tried last time - the dirty banana. Its absolutely fantastic.

Pool Loungers
They have begun to replace the old plastic loungers with new metal luxury(?) new ones. They are very comfortable and look really good.

Entertainment
Still as good as ever.

I return to Dreams LR because the area is fantastic for scuba diving. Its within walking distance of Bayahibe where there are various dive shops. I personally use Coral Point Diving as they are simply the mutts nutts. Nothing too much trouble, very professional and well priced.

Overall a brilliant trip and im sure ill return in a few years. Based on my experiences over the last two years, next year im off to another Dreams resort - Dreams Tulum in Mexico so stay tuned for a full review. They do offer complimentary wifi to all guests.

Dreams LR - please sort this out before my next visit!
Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: any of the Premium Deluxe rooms should be fine.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I went there with my girlfriend the first two weeks of september.
The name of the hotel "DREAMS" is just... perfect.
If you can't find joy and hapiness here, you never will.
Everything is there for you...
My girlfriend's heart and mine broke for Indiana, the waitress of the Infinity Pool.
She is so nice and she always asks the good question at the good time "Do you need anything?".
The animation team is also top: Mister Picasso, Edward, Treasure and Lino are top guys.
You can get very good food in the several restaurants as well.
The Coco cafe where you can get cookies, muffins and stuff like that is a very good idea.
We don't have any recommandations for the hotel but one:
- free wi fi in the lobby for a little call for example
But... if we can, we'll be back because it is a paradise on earth.

Room Tip: Rooms in building 7 are definitely quieter.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Harrison, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel was very nice, but a little dated. They staff was friendly, and the food was good. They treated everyone with respect. Part of the problem we had was the other guest, the Europeans; were very rude. The population of the property during our visit was mostly Spanish and if you didn't speak the language you were left out. The place is geared for family's so there was little to no nite life, and what little nite life they did offer; it seemed like the hotel employees overran it. This resort is for family's, not couples looking for romance and nite life. Be sure to understand what kind of resort you are attending,because once your there you can't change.........

Room Tip: Rooms where dated but clean, ocean view or poolside view were the best.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
kent, england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Visited Dreams La Romana 27 August to 10 September 2014, had a fabulous time. The staff are amazing and couldn't do enough for us, especially the beach waiting staff Maria C was excellent so helpful and kind. The resort is especially good for wheelchair users, my son is a paraplegic and there wasn't anywhere he couldn't go, they even had an access ramp over the beach to the sea. We stayed in block 2 which we understand is being refurbished to a Preferred Block. There are very few handicap rooms and we did not have one but managed perfectly ok in an ordinary room. Sometimes the music at the beach was a little loud but this didn't spoil our time there.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Dreams La Romana? Share your experiences!