We went to Dreams La Romana in February 2014. It was 2 adults and 3-year old. All 3 of us had the best time ever: the staff was extremely nice, our room was ocean front on the 3 floor, which meant vaulted ceilings and some exercise:). The food at the buffet was exceptional and the presentation especially at dinner was beautiful.
My son went to Explorer's club and Genesis and other girls there made sure he was taken care of and had a great time. They even had a pirate day, camping night, bungee jumping and so much more.
Entertainment was great. We loved doing yoga on the beach, aerobics with Picasso and dancing with Rihanna and other girls and guys as they all dance great (Chocolate, Edward, Felix come first to mind).
I went to the gym to work out and the staff on duty were so great and helpful. I even got personal lessons as it sure felt that way. Don't forget to smell essential oils in the spa that are made in DR (sweet orange is my favorite) and drink some chlorophyll water: so good for you and it is free!
They just opened a gelato store that unfortunately is extra cost but boy it was worth it: it is made in DR by real Italians using their old traditional method.
The little stores they have at the resort are great: we bought a number of things there that were unique and well priced.
Remember not to feed the flamingos: some tourists were very rude and claimed it was not written in their language and proceeded feeding poor flamingos. Our people food is very damaging for them.
I will even mention my favorite towel girl Joly that became my friend there as we spoke everyday while I was walking by or getting my towels.
Always keep your eyes peeled on the schedule: there are so many fun events, you will never be bored. And the water is gorgeous: swim a lot.
The locals and the staff love it when you smile, say excellente, and try to speak Spanish even if you just say Aqua, mucho gracias etc. Your experience will be so much better if you are happy and nice. They live at their job and deserve to be respected!
Have fun and I hope my review was helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe