It's amusing to read the complaints about Dreams La Romana. I'm not sure what people expect. We arrived on April 28th and left on May 5th for our honeymoon. Here's a breakdown:
Staff: We probably interacted with over 50 different staff members and they were all great. Not one bad experience. They did their best to speak English and were extremely helpful. Be sure to visit Juan at the bar in the infinity pool. The entertainment he provides is priceless.
Grounds: Immaculate. Consistently maintained.
Room: We stayed in block 5 on the ground floor facing the pool. The noise from evening entertainment was not a problem. The mini-fridge was restocked regularly and the room was cleaned to perfection everyday.
Food: We were slightly concerned after reading reviews however the food met our expectations. The world cafe has a wide range of food but nothing that will nock your socks off. If you want better food you will have to go to one of the other restaurants (be sure to check when they are open). The ginger beef stir fry at the Asian restaurant was amazing, surf and turf at Oceana was great, lamb and filet at the French restaurant was exceptional. Seaside grill burger was great. All of the restauratns except for the French and Italian restaurants are open air, prepare yourself. Also, if you are unsure as to how something is cooked, be sure to ask. My wife did not have any problems however my stomach did not agree with the lobster at Oceana.
Pools: Uncrowded and in close proximity to food and alcohol. Swim up bar at the infinity pool was the highlight. Juan the bartender will provide you with endless entertainment.
Beach: Large enough to handle the volume of guests however not large enough for you to walk long distances. The grill on the beach turns out great burgers and hot dogs.
Transport: One hour and 45mins from Santo Domingo airport. An eventful trip, prepare yourself many road hazards a.k.a. people on motorcycles driving recklessly. Our driver was great and the transport was booked through Olympus Tours.
Entertainment: They try really hard however it's not Vegas so don't have high expectations. The corezone has TVs, pool tables, ping pong, and a basketball hoop.
Take advantage of excursions. The reef explorer excursion was great and we did Alphi tours ATV ride to a sugar cane field. Lots of fun.
Every so often at night they have local vendors set up around the main pool. They are very agressive. If you are not comfortable saying " no " avoid them. This was a perfect hotel for couples and families. We had a great time and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe