The hotel is lovely. The staff are the nicest people you could meet. The restaurants are all great, and it is good that you don't have to book. I think the rooms are ok, not fantastic but fine enough. The walls between the bedrooms are very thin, I could hear the man next door snoring in the night!! The beach is a little small, but there was always some free sunbeds. There is a lady that serves fresh fruit on the beach all day, which is a nice touch. There is a coffee lounge that serves all different coffees and frozen lattes etc with pastries cakes and rolls. If you wanted to you could eat 24hrs a day with room service on top!!!
We did go for the snorkerling, but compared to Red Sea in Egypt it is nowhere as good, but the water is lovely and clear, not warm but certainly not freezing. On the beach there are lots of palm trees where there are woodpeckers and humming birds. The pelicans fly frequently over the sea which is nice to see.
I think it would be nicer to have some wifi hot spots around for internet, instead of being charged.
From what I saw the preferred rooms etc was not worth the extra money.
From our experience I wouldnt bother taking Dominican Pesos, everything is charged for in dollars, so they have to work out the exchange rate and everything gets rounded up so you probably lose money when this happens.
We went on the Outback Safari trip which was really good, the trip to Saona island was lovely, however the Reef explorer trip was very very expensive and not worth the money. The poor stingray they had there was spun round and round to make it dizzy so people could have their photos taken with it- not nice!!
Overall this was a great hotel with lovely staff and a nice atmosphere and I would definitely recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.