The hotel is lovely. The staff are the nicest people you could meet. The restaurants are all great, and it is good that you don't have to book. I think the rooms are ok, not fantastic but fine enough. The walls between the bedrooms are very thin, I could hear the man next door snoring in the night!! The beach is a little small, but there was always some free sunbeds. There is a lady that serves fresh fruit on the beach all day, which is a nice touch. There is a coffee lounge that serves all different coffees and frozen lattes etc with pastries cakes and rolls. If you wanted to you could eat 24hrs a day with room service on top!!!
We did go for the snorkerling, but compared to Red Sea in Egypt it is nowhere as good, but the water is lovely and clear, not warm but certainly not freezing. On the beach there are lots of palm trees where there are woodpeckers and humming birds. The pelicans fly frequently over the sea which is nice to see.
I think it would be nicer to have some wifi hot spots around for internet, instead of being charged.
From what I saw the preferred rooms etc was not worth the extra money.
From our experience I wouldnt bother taking Dominican Pesos, everything is charged for in dollars, so they have to work out the exchange rate and everything gets rounded up so you probably lose money when this happens.
We went on the Outback Safari trip which was really good, the trip to Saona island was lovely, however the Reef explorer trip was very very expensive and not worth the money. The poor stingray they had there was spun round and round to make it dizzy so people could have their photos taken with it- not nice!!
Overall this was a great hotel with lovely staff and a nice atmosphere and I would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe