My daughter picked this hotel for her wedding and we set of on the 4 February. We have been in the Domican Republic before, however, not at this hotel and looked forward knowing what roughly to be expected.
I can say that it couldn't be further. This is a truely outstanding hotel from the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome. The staff are very very friendly and helpful. The hotel is laid out on a system of blocks with some of the blocks reserved for the preferred club. All the rooms are well equiped and spotless. My wife and i the day after our arrival took the notion to upgrade to a suite over looking the sea which also took us in to the preferred club. It was not cheap but worth every extra penny we spent. The service within the room was amazing service twice daily mini bar always refreshed with soft drinks and beer. The bathroom was in comparison to the size of a single room. Spa bath separate walk in shower there were two toilets in the room also.
The World restaurant is immaculate food choice outstanding freshly prepared beautifully presented. At night they tended to do themed nights from round the world. There were speciality restaurants which some required booking some didn't. Everyone was fabulous. The All Inclusive package is the best i have ever experienced and i have been doing all inclusive now for many years. There were what i would describe as premium beers like Corona on offer at the Mexican Restaurant Bud at the main bar premium spirits were offered if asked for.
The staff appreciated gratuities and it was always a pleasure than an expectation when these were given.
I would say that the resort is approx 10 minute walk up the beach. Now i mention this as the only thing i would take issue with at the Hotel was the shop not sure if it was franchised out but very expensive. In the resort there was the usual super market for example crisps and confectionary in the hotel shop could be as much as treble what it could be purchased in the resort supermarket. Overall i rate this hotel as outstanding. The arrange of activities and pre programmed shows were very good. Shows may have concentrated slightly less on the music aspect became a bit predictable but none the less entertaining. My son and daughter did a trip from a vendor on the beach something every rep and hotel advise against. However we decided we wanted to try some fishing and to see the local reserve and Island trips are run to every day. We paid all in for a whole day less than 200Dollars to do fishing alone each for less than 4hrs was 130Dollars each. The two young local lads that took us supplied beer water and local rum. Incidentally i caught my first Baracuda. What a day.
The weeding went remarkably well in large thanks to the hotels organisation to them i would like to say thank you.
If the Hotel is reading this review which i have noticed they do some of the beds beside the pools could be better or may be offer cushions for the top of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe