My daughter picked this hotel for her wedding and we set of on the 4 February. We have been in the Domican Republic before, however, not at this hotel and looked forward knowing what roughly to be expected.
I can say that it couldn't be further. This is a truely outstanding hotel from the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome. The staff are very very friendly and helpful. The hotel is laid out on a system of blocks with some of the blocks reserved for the preferred club. All the rooms are well equiped and spotless. My wife and i the day after our arrival took the notion to upgrade to a suite over looking the sea which also took us in to the preferred club. It was not cheap but worth every extra penny we spent. The service within the room was amazing service twice daily mini bar always refreshed with soft drinks and beer. The bathroom was in comparison to the size of a single room. Spa bath separate walk in shower there were two toilets in the room also.
The World restaurant is immaculate food choice outstanding freshly prepared beautifully presented. At night they tended to do themed nights from round the world. There were speciality restaurants which some required booking some didn't. Everyone was fabulous. The All Inclusive package is the best i have ever experienced and i have been doing all inclusive now for many years. There were what i would describe as premium beers like Corona on offer at the Mexican Restaurant Bud at the main bar premium spirits were offered if asked for.
The staff appreciated gratuities and it was always a pleasure than an expectation when these were given.
I would say that the resort is approx 10 minute walk up the beach. Now i mention this as the only thing i would take issue with at the Hotel was the shop not sure if it was franchised out but very expensive. In the resort there was the usual super market for example crisps and confectionary in the hotel shop could be as much as treble what it could be purchased in the resort supermarket. Overall i rate this hotel as outstanding. The arrange of activities and pre programmed shows were very good. Shows may have concentrated slightly less on the music aspect became a bit predictable but none the less entertaining. My son and daughter did a trip from a vendor on the beach something every rep and hotel advise against. However we decided we wanted to try some fishing and to see the local reserve and Island trips are run to every day. We paid all in for a whole day less than 200Dollars to do fishing alone each for less than 4hrs was 130Dollars each. The two young local lads that took us supplied beer water and local rum. Incidentally i caught my first Baracuda. What a day.
The weeding went remarkably well in large thanks to the hotels organisation to them i would like to say thank you.
If the Hotel is reading this review which i have noticed they do some of the beds beside the pools could be better or may be offer cushions for the top of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe