My family and I own a vacation club through Dreams /amstar so we are very familiar with their resorts and amenities , as we have visited 8 of them in past 4 years . When we first arrived, I must say I was very surprised with the overall appearance of the lobby , I heard the resort had went through renovations few years back , It seemed old and outdated , but it was clean so that's my main concern . Our room was nice , wish we would've had ceiling fans but no biggie , now what really concerned me was the lack of service at this resort ... I am of Dominican decent and my husband is Puerto Rican and we speak the language perfectly , but what surprised me is how no matter what language I spoke to them , they always always got my food order wrong , it actually became a joke between my family and I , also if you order room service please do not expect to receive enough silverware , even if you ask for it !!!! The restaurants were fairly good , of course me being Dominican, I really enjoyed Jungles restaurant, and the servers were the sweetest , even though they kept forgetting half our food . The buffet was very disappointing to me , the only tropical fruit they had was passion fruit and pineapple , and no fresh Oj for bfast , except for day 1 of our trip , after that the server admitted they were using concentrate tang like mix , which is surprising to me . I just feel this resort is very misleading with their ratings , yes it's very clean / beautiful grounds but I promise you it is not a 4 or 5 star hotel , and owning a vacation club through Dreams , I know what to expect from them and I promise , had I visited here 1st I would've never purchased the club . I have to say we did meet great employees, like Hector the bartender from the preferred club ! It's simply amazing how he goes above and beyond for his customers ! I just hope Dreams knows what an amazing employee they have in their hands ! Lastly ladies please please if your husband is remotely handsome beware ! These women are like hound dogs !!!!! I guess the thought of a green card is just too much too handle for them ! They would hit on my husband every minute they could , he'd order a drink and the bartenders would ask how they can order him !!!! It got to point where my husband would send me up or go up hand in hand with our daughter to get our drinks, I had one event coordinator calling him "Papi" as she spoke to him , And would not leave him alone to come play water polo even after my husband told her firmly he wasn't interested . I am not the jealous type and most of time my husband and I laughed it off , he is a very handsome man , so can't say I blame them for looking, but its just a respect issue ! We are here with our two small children , my little girl shouldn't have to hear a bartender asking "how she can order a side " of her daddy ! I can honestly say I will never be returning to this Resort, save your money and go to Paradisus Reserve or Paradisus Palma Real , now that's what I call a 4/5 ** resort !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe